DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Anyone installed firmware 1.3 for moverio yet? Does it impact go4 with workaround maps? Im a bit hesitant to upgrade for now cause already having some issues..

Hi !
In our Facebook forum several installed 1.30.
-They dont feel an improvement of any sort (did you find a version history / cahnges ? i did not bother yet ?!)
-Maps workaround still works.
-Audio not working afterwards !

So i did not feel like updating, saw not one positive effect.
What issues would you think can be improved by the update ? I could ask in our FB Forum ? (or you join us).

Ender

Hi !
-They dont feel an improvement of any sort (did you find a version history / cahnges ? i did not bother yet ?!)

What issues would you think can be improved by the update ? I could ask in our FB Forum ? (or you join us).

Ender
Hey bud! I try to stay away from FB, thx.
I could not find any changes either.
Lately i see a lot of pixellation, also on hot days it gets too warm and lags.
I was hoping some compatibility with play store or so..

Hi !
I am with you, i am also not active in FB but as there are some attractive Groups i went there just for participating !
Sadly no Google play and i learned that its likely to be googles "fault", not EPSON's as google does not want a smart glasses competitor unless they decided their own plans so they do not certificate thise devices.
Lets hope Litchi will get to Amazon as they promised to evaluate after i let them know that their patched versions run fine on the BT-300 :p

Good luck, never had those pixelation Problems you details in another thread but its a cold country here (well 30 degrees the last days but that unusual).

Ender

I am also curious how you get a patched version of Litchi on the Moverios?
Not legally and thats the sad point :-(
Lets not elaborate about this as i support Litchi & bought Litchi, but as yu know now that such a Solution exists you should be able to google-find it using your imagination.

Please dont be angry but lets follow the rules.
I was making the point that they only moved after i provided evidence to them.

Ender

Reactions: mikesher
Lets not elaborate about this as i support Litchi & bought Litch
I too support Litchi, and paid for the app. Have been using it for years... love it! But now that I have BT-300s (as of yesterday) I am very interested in getting Litchi on the BT-300, as most people on this thread...

These sound awesome... but So expensive
Yes, i was only able to justify them as they also can be used on most of my other copters and as personal mediaplayer and game console (with Bluetooth Gamepad).
So not just a "one trick pony" like many of the other goggles...

Ender

Anyone installed firmware 1.3 for moverio yet? Does it impact go4 with workaround maps? Im a bit hesitant to upgrade for now cause already having some issues..
Upgraded the firmware to 1.3, uninstalled the maps "work around" files and loaded the latest version of DJI GO posted on Moverio App Store.

Maps are now displaying correctly without the work around.

Reactions: Turnerm
Hi !

Ender
The only difference I could tell is the double tap to mute the display now works on the right hand side of the headset. Two gentle taps and you don't have to try dislodging the glasses, and your head which happened to be the case, before this update :)

Hi !

Ender

I do notice a couple of improvements with V 1.30.

Impro:
Some apps didnt used to recognize the moverio as a tablet and they were being displayed in portrait mode instead of landscape. This has been fixed and its great! (for example with Mobilwol)
Battery utlization seams to be more accurate than before, I was testing the longevity and before it was telling me I had only 2 or 3 hrs of battery life, not it should 4 or 5hrs.

Regarding what used to work:
- Map workaround is working for me
- Sound is working for me

Have you noticed that the controller is charging the Moverio while they are connected?

Mate try using firmware 4.0 and disable your wifi and BT before flying.

Got my Moverios today. Overall I'm quite impressed. I didn't get to fly with them because it's raining here but I put them on and fired up the DJI G04 app. The image quality is stellar. Not quite as immersive as the Goggles but still far more immersive than using an iPad mini.

My ONLY complain so far is the fixed width of the prisms. My left pupil isn't quite wide enough to line up with the prism so the image is blurry on the perimeter. It's crystal clear in the middle so it's ALMOST a non-issue but time will tell. I can close my left eye and read things in the perimeter with no issue.

Quick question if anyone knows... Rochester Optical sells a frame insert and they are asking for a prescription along with your pupillary distance. So I'm wondering if this will solve my issue if I go that route? The price is kinda ridiculous but I'd almost consider going there if I knew it would solve the issue. I'll call them tomorrow when they are open but I figured I'd go ahead and ask here just in case someone had gone this route already.

Yeah their inserts can help out to reach out those corners. If it helps you can always move / adjust the nose bridge to one side and you will have full clear view. :)

Got my BT-300 yesterday, charged and connected and they wouldn't connect. Epson was no help, I downgraded the FW in both the controller and mavic and it's working now. Mine came with GO version 3.**, it crashed, installed 4 from the moverio store, then installed the new by-300 FW still no go until today with the downgrades.
They work OK, not what I'd expect for the price of 800 bucks, but ok.

Reactions: Ted903
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki