DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Fines?

TuneFlight

Reactions
Has anyone in this forum actually ever been fined by the FAA or a town's municipality for breaking regulation? It seems as though the paranoia in threads over "getting caught" is at an all time high - but in my experience, if I'm unintentionally flying in an area where I'm not supposed to be, the police are very polite and very relaxed about the situation and just ask me to fly elsewhere, and the discussion is over... Some guys on this forum speak like they've been fined $350,000. Just wondering if we had any real hardened criminals in here.

Nope never had any problems with the police,

also take yesterday i was flying and was approached by at least 15 people in that time.

children to adults male and female. Not one had a bad word to say. Everyone asked about it, and just to see how people would respond i did something i never do. i told them how it has active tracking (i had never used it).

again i was expecting those people i told to go a bit nuts.

None of them did they all asked to see it.

i had to show people everything from active track (it worked) to the drone flying itself back on RTH. One guy just stood open mouthed when it was on RTH just repeating

"well i never knew they could do that now, what a thing to see" (maybe he has been on here reading no one ever gets home after using RTH function lol)

My quick 30 min flight then lasted nearly an hour lol.

every single person was polite amazed and all wished me happy flying with the sun out,

Reactions: Soundtekk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78