DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Find out your Mavics "birthday" build date by serial number decoder.

Just got around to checking this.

Mine was built on December 27th of last year. Shipped on Dec 29 according to my Newegg email and arrived on Jan 5th 2017. Quick turn around time

According to the app mine was born mid april 2017 and its maiden flight took place almost 7 months after. o_O The good thing was that it came with 400 FW...

Received one last week which was made in July 2017 had .800 FW

Reactions: phantomi
According to the app mine was born mid april 2017 and its maiden flight took place almost 7 months after. o_O The good thing was that it came with 400 FW...

I think that because it was an "aircraft only" that someone received from DJI because of a guarantee issue, and sold it @ ebay, then they don't move as fast as the packaged with the controller.

Hey all. Appears my mp was manufactured mid March 2017.

Just a cpl of questions....I bought mine from adorama mid June 2017...is it weird that it took almost 3 mos to get in the sales pipeline?

Also...any way to confirm if I got the newer camera? The 1080p60fps issue is what I'm referring to..... Thanks!!

Just a cpl of questions....I bought mine from adorama mid June 2017...is it weird that it took almost 3 mos to get in the sales pipeline?

Also...any way to confirm if I got the newer camera? The 1080p60fps issue is what I'm referring to..... Thanks!!
Unaware there is a "1080p60fps issue" or a "newer camera". Waiting to see replies to this...

Received my imported mavic last month and it was built in July.

Received one in September that was built in August.

The July one had the controllers battery very low/dead and one 1 LED on the drones battery. The August one had at least 50% battery on the controller from what I recall and two LEDs on the drone batteries.

Doesn't seem weird looking at my experience.

1080p 60fps looks rubbish. Solved that problem by filming in 2.7k

Received my imported mavic last month and it was built in July.

Received one in September that was built in August.

The July one had the controllers battery very low/dead and one 1 LED on the drones battery. The August one had at least 50% battery on the controller from what I recall and two LEDs on the drone batteries.

Doesn't seem weird looking at my experience.

1080p 60fps looks rubbish. Solved that problem by filming in 2.7k
I only wish I could do 60fps in 2.7....thx

I’m looking foreword to celebrating my Mavic’s birthday, may even buy the little guy a new battery as a present! -CF

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicMoira
I think the quickest way to find out would be from AirData. Purchase date is probably the date it was registered/turned on.
My Alpine White Mavic Pro was made on 6 Sept 2017. They only released them on sale on 16 Nov. More than 2 months sitting in the warehouse?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661