DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Find out your Mavics "birthday" build date by serial number decoder.

This should be interesting to the flyers who have received replacements to see when the replacement was made . I would think a lot of the replacement Mavics were actually made during the initial runs .

This should be interesting to the flyers who have received replacements to see when the replacement was made . I would think a lot of the replacement Mavics were actually made during the initial runs .

Interesting. I ordered my first one the end of January and received the end of February. It was damaged in shipment so I returned it. I didn't check the build date. The replacement came in and flys fine. Serial number says it was made on Sept 25, 2016. I sent a request to DJI on this as it appears my brand new drone was probably replaced by a rebuilt one. I find it inconceivable that a unit built back in Sept was just sitting around waiting for a home given the production issues DJI has had. Yet, this is exactly what I was told by DJI - that this was a new unit and not a refurbished one. I would accept this if I returned a unit that I damaged in flight. To me it is not acceptable to send me a refurbished unit to replace an unit never flown and which was damaged in shipment. I paid for a new unit and this is what I want. I am out of town but will elevate this to a supervisor when I return. Has anyone else experienced this?

...and now that you know the birthday you can even add it to your signature (as I have done) so that if you report problems we might be able to find a correlation between said problems and manufacturing dates.

...and now that you know the birthday you can even add it to your signature (as I have done) so that if you report problems we might be able to find a correlation between said problems and manufacturing dates.
Sorry....but...I cannot find it!

HOW DO I ADD "MY SIGNATURE" TO MY POSTS!!!
I´ve been looking for that option on my profile...and...I must be blind...
Could you give me one hint?
And...sorry for being so blind...hahaha...I´m sure it is in front of me...

THANKS!

Sorry....but...I cannot find it!

HOW DO I ADD "MY SIGNATURE" TO MY POSTS!!!
I´ve been looking for that option on my profile...and...I must be blind...
Could you give me one hint?
And...sorry for being so blind...hahaha...I´m sure it is in front of me...

THANKS!
Click on your name at the top right of the screen!

Click on your name at the top right of the screen!
OMG....so sorry @tmoerel ...I feel more stupid than if I had done the CSC in the middle of a mission over the Grand Canyon...
...well...not that much, but almost...

THANKS!

Reactions: c36steve
Is the serial number decoder site not working? When I put my number in, it just clears the number field and gives me no results. I've tried with Chrome and IE.

***edit*** It's working now, about about 30 mins since i first tried it.

Last edited:
was manufactured on Monday, May, 8th 2017
Purchased Aug 08 17. It sat in the case at Best buy for a while.

Mine is close to yours. Also bought at Best Buy. I don't think it sat for too long. Think about the shipping on the slow boat from China... In reality, thats as fresh as a batch can be. Wife bought mine a couple of weeks ago.

Mine was born May 18, 2017 and I purchased mine directly from DJI on July 1, 2017.

I had seen a thread a while back about decoding the Mavics serial number. Apparently this link has it broken down
DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder
5b44809caf2fcfc625d7b40290ecbad1.jpg
This web site is no longer available.

According to the app mine was born mid april 2017 and its maiden flight took place almost 7 months after. o_O The good thing was that it came with 400 FW...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin