DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse ARC mounts for the DJI Mavic Air (by DDH)

Personally after getting a strobe from FHT for BILs Air, if going for nav setup the arm mounts are the only way to go.
We looked all over his to put a straight out VLOS strobe, and in the end opted for the FHT ‘Spark’ unit.
Domed magnifying lens throws light out brilliantly.
Placed underneath on batteries using Velcro.

2034c43f17e98734881859957ec34b25.jpg

As he’s usually higher than TOP, this is a good strobe for his needs.
For nav setup use arm mounts, either the inwards angle or Ethan’s the angle ones that have the lights more directly facing forward and back.

I’m still weighing my options regarding strobes for my Mavic Air - I have Firehouse ARC II, 1 red, 1 white, and considering a green.

The mounts from msinger look very appealing, but I have found similar from
Aerial-Pixel - Vinyl Graphics, Apparel, 3D Printing.
Does anyone have experience with these? Both are 3D printed, attach to the arms, prices are a bit higher for the ones from msinger. I’m not familiar enough with 3D printer media to know the difference between the material characteristic.

My current thinking is to put red and green on the front arms facing forward, and a white on the left arm facing the rear. I currently use 3M Dual Lock (low profile) to attach white on top and red to the bottom of the battery. It works, though it’s a pain to have to move the red strobe from one battery to another. It would be nice to have a strobe on the bottom, facing down, instead one facing to the rear.

UPDATE Oct 26, 2019
I did some more homework over the past few days. Based on our e-mail exchanges, I've ordered the ones from Aerial-Pixel. While they are similar, what sold me was the fact that all four mounts (LF, RF, LR, RR) can be flipped so that the strobes can point to the front or back. Also, they are made of a flexible material.

Also, they are made of a flexible material.
FWIW, I don't use flexible filament for my mounts for a few reasons:
  • Flexible mounts need to be larger/thicker in order to make them rigid enough to stay attached to the drone.

• Since flexible mounts are thicker, it's tough to create designs that don't partially block the LEDs. As you can see in my shots above, the LEDs are completely exposed in my mounts.

Reactions: MavicFlyer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet