DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware .800 Flight restrictions

Agree with that but it reinforces the surveillance aspects and if it's militarised it will seen by the public as a weapon.
Not a big step then to add some small package to it.
I just wonder if these changes DJI are implementing are in any way related to this.
Would the forces Mavics be built different to ours?

If somfing aint broke don fix at....

Previous Go4.0.7 and FW.400 work perfectly and I can't see any point to upgrade.

What is gained by upgrading? Previous posts indicate goggles still work with earlier versions. Fixed wing mode perhaps, gee whizz that must be exciting.... Expanded NFZ data base, wow and cool. The requirement to re-log in or else the quad is hobbled, that is an excellent reason to update. The possibility it will cause other issues is another really good reason to update. The excitment of not knowing what the program developers have done is another great reason to upgrade. You get the opportunity to read a million words in the EULA, double woohoo.....

For heavens sake, they can't even provide a decent change log so what right can they possibly have forcing you to accept a new agreement? Oh I forgot, it must have been in the previous million word gobbledygook EULA that everybody reads.

After the last forced app upgrade in March caused me much grief I decided to jump off this stupid upgrade treadmill and enjoy flying without the worries listed in bulk on this forum after each and every stupid update! I can do without maps in Go4. If i really need maps i will switch to Litchi.

I purchased my quads for recreational and leisure purposes and my primary goal of having fun. I don't wish to become expert at contractual law, programming or flight operations like a bona fide pilot.... The Mavic is simply a lightweight very sophisticated flying toy camera, not a Boeing 747!

Last edited:
Agree with that but it reinforces the surveillance aspects and if it's militarised it will seen by the public as a weapon.
Not a big step then to add some small package to it.
I just wonder if these changes DJI are implementing are in any way related to this.
Would the forces Mavics be built different to ours?

with the drone market where it is at the moment, 15 year old kids are able to build there own drone with no restrictions at all at probably 1/3 of the price of the mavic.

Last edited:
Reading all these comments has me all confused. To update or not to update? That is the question. Can someone just give a straight answer? Thanks o_O

Downgraded to 700 (mavic and RC) running. 4.07 app. Nfz prompt upon a new geographic area still exists, however! You can fly without distance/height limits!! Even if you hit (temporary ignore)

On the down side the video feed quality is not as sharp as it used to be, but I can now fly in remote areas without web connection, without limits with 800 that wasn't possible

Reactions: USAirborne
Reading all these comments has me all confused. To update or not to update? That is the question. Can someone just give a straight answer? Thanks o_O

Straight answer - Don't update.

Straight answer based on facts:
  • If you don't update nothing will happen.
  • Update and accept uncertainty.

I hear the IDF funded a joint project between Parrot and DJI (an historic cooperation among rivals) to integrate the Parrot Mambo cannon with the Mavic:

Parrot-Mambo-Cannon-Image-2.jpg

Update.
There is a vocal minority of around 10% who are passionate about v01.03.0400 and make 90% of the noise.. The rest of us have moved on to v01.03.0800 and have had few issues having done so.

Anybody that tells you to update ask them what advantages did they gain by updating. That question has been asked about half a dozen times and no one wants to answer it.

Rob

Just read the change log:
Fixed wing mode, added gimbal control in fixed wing, improved hovering and RTH performance, better gimbal calibration, double remote control, etc.

I know that some will say they don't need anything of this. Fine.
Those above (and more in the change logs) are just the bare facts. Everyone can make his own decision.

Thank you

Reactions: Logger
Anybody that tells you to update ask them what advantages did they gain by updating. That question has been asked about half a dozen times and no one wants to answer it.

Rob
Hahaha that's true. Nobody has really said what the advantages were. Flew my Mavic today without the update and it was fine. Ran it into a tree though. That was pretty funny. I was recording my flight too. You could see my neighbor react to all the commotion :D

That's not what the pole shows.
This pole merely shows a flag.
images

However there is a Poll running over at the DJI forums Mavic showing firmware use.
upload_2017-6-16_16-16-40.png
As you can see the vast majority are using the latest firmware.
Keep in mind many of those who dogmatically remain with .0400 have not even used .0800 and do not speak from direct experience with it. Whilst they suppose the other 80% of users are in a world of grief. Go figure.

This pole merely shows a flag.
images

However there is a Poll running over at the DJI forums Mavic showing firmware use.
View attachment 15163
As you can see the vast majority are using the latest firmware.
Keep in mind many of those who dogmatically remain with .0400 have not even used .0800 and do not speak from direct experience with it. Whilst they suppose the other 80% of users are in a world of grief. Go figure.
Hmmmm very interesting... :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard