DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FIRMWARE UPDATE. Is this a moral issue?

OMG[emoji44],
How many more of theese threads is there going to be.It seems that some people are asking the same question multiple times,possibly trying to get the answer they want to hear.I updated my iPad to the latest app,resigned in.I left my iPhone on the old app.I flew 1 battery on iPad and 1 on iPhone.
NO CHANGE NO ISSUES.
Go fly and have some fun and stop torturing yourselves.[emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: mavic6611
Some things went exactly clear that's all. Thanks for the input though. I now have the answers I was looking for

Some things went exactly clear that's all. Thanks for the input though. I now have the answers I was looking for

I hope you don't think my post was directed at you.That was not my intention and not what I was trying to say.It just seems that everywhere you look on this forum and elsewhere there are many conversations going on basically asking the same questions.
Anyway I'm glad you are back on track and good to go.[emoji106][emoji106]

Cheers mate, no I never felt that way at all but thanks for being kind enough to say.
I think the problem is there's alot of misinformation out there and we all just want to make sure we're looking after our investments. Happy flying.

Reactions: scooot
If you have DJI Care do you have to upgrade to maintain coverage? Is not upgrading a reason for them to deny repair.

If you have DJI Care do you have to upgrade to maintain coverage? Is not upgrading a reason for them to deny repair.
I'd imagine it's in their terms and conditions, but failing finding there maybe send them a quick message and ask. It's peace of mind for you to find out directly from them so definitely worth asking.

We can all appreciate the geofencing "Safety issue" etc!

I don't particularly have an issue with the update if I'm to be honest..

However..

Its of my opinion that if we buy a product, we shouldn't then be forced to update it and hand over further details or we will be penalised and lose features of the product we purchased initially.
That's just wrong.

Whats your thoughts?
DJI Mavic privacy / backdoor
DJI Mavic privacy / backdoor

The thing is that at some point you WILL be forced to upgrade. That point is when the OS of your phone or tablet will no longer support the present app (which ever comes first).
At that point if you are unable to sacrifice that device you will have to accept what DJI wants to impose and has installed in its firmware and app.
It is as simple as that. You choose what is right or wrong...

PS just a notice. Most people saying its alright to upgrade don't be afraid etc keep flying using the .400 firmware... go figure why... ;-)

So I updated to .800 last night. I thought what the heck just take the plunge and see what happens. I am running on an Android phone so those who have said they had an Android problem, just restart everything and try again. I had to restart twice before it finally went through.

It took longer to complete the update than any previous update I had done. (Backup just a bit)... Before I started the FW update I got a notice that I needed to update the NFZ database. I skipped that and went right to the FW update. So about 45 minutes later the update finished, everything restarted and then the NFZ update popup came up again. So I first said yes start the update but then a second screen popped up and (I wish I had done a screen shot) but it said a lot of stuff but basically what I got out of it was that they would take control of your aircraft if you were breaking the rules established in the NFZ database. So I didn't proceed with that update.

As far as the.800 FW update, I took it right outside and did a quick flight and everything seemed to work just fine. I did have to go in and reset all my personal settings which I think is common with a FW update, but other than that it seems just fine. As far as wondering if it had a distance or ceiling height limit, I didn't find one. I took it up to just over 500 feet just to see if it would do it and there wasn't a problem. As far as distance I only went out about a half a mile but never had any problem.

The only thing I did notice is the indicator for the signal strength for the RC kept flashing even though I had full bars and no issues with connection or video feed.

Will do a longer flight later tonight and see what happens.

NO! You can stay where you are.
Nothing in DJI Care contract stating such a thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet