DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update v01.03.0900

Hopefully more will Quad but I beleave it's like someone said it's more for the other 2 additions to the DJI lineup .

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
No issues for me. Hopefully it fixes the .dng previews on macs. Settings were not changed so that's a plus

If that's all it does (what's shown on the release note), then this is really a weak update. Why even bother releasing a firmware for such minor changes?

What this tells me is that the DJI firmware has some major architectural flaws. Ideally, the FW updates should be few and far between. Whatever update it needs should be done through updating some meta data (like a settings update) without having to update the entire firmware. I've done 7 years of software releases, and this firmware feels like it's still in beta.

Perhaps @MavicPro2 was right about the Mavic Pro being a prototype.

But ***** yeah, I'm still doing the .0900 update. Right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update with DJIGo4. Quick and simple. Took me 15 min woe to go. No battery updates required. Took a couple of RAW portraits and the blue band is gone. So all good.

Good to see DJI fixing things like this so quickly.

Last edited:
If that's all it does (what's shown on the release note), then this is really a weak update. Why even bother releasing a firmware for such minor changes?
because it fixes a color bug in RAW pictures.
Me and everyone else here likes to see this fix rather sooner than later.

Reactions: Glenno
because it fixes a color bug in RAW pictures.
Me and everyone else here likes to see this fix rather sooner than later.
That's not my point. My point is that the color bug fix should have been rolled into the .0800 update. Seriously, the .0800 FW could have waited a couple weeks to include the color bug fix. It seems like there are still too many major bugs that cannot be fixed without doing a firmware update, and this is what troubles me. I consider this a design flaw or ... this FW series really should be called beta.

I've worked with automotive telematics firmware for 3 years, and we did plenty of updates WITHOUT having to do an entire firmware push. We made functional updates on a weekly basis, but we only pushed out new firmware about twice a year. Pushing firmware is inherently dangerous, and it really should only be done as a last resort. Pushing firmware is NOT like updating apps on your smartphones or the monthly hotfixes on Windows/Mac OS. It is a lot more intrusive. It is basically reinstalling the OS, and this should not be taken lightly.

I wonder if it'll fix the "weak gps" issue we encounter with the iphone7 and then permits the follow me mode.

(still doesn't understand why this issue is kept secret but it is a real issue)

Last edited:
I can do the firmware update very easy for both Mavics. I hope there is no battery firmware updates like the last time as it was a pain with additional smart batteries :eek:.

I didn't have to do any with mine Gator .

Just got my new iPad mini 4 and charged it up. Did the new firmware update which downloaded fine, however, I forgot to restart my RC and AC and just started flying. Flew for about 10 min without problems and then as I was preparing to land the go4 app disconnected. No issues landing as I was close to the ground anyway. My iPad also needed an update as well that I hadn't done before flying. This was my first disconnect ever as I was using an iPhone 6 Plus before but I chalk this one up to my error on updating properly on all fronts.

Reactions: jdcntulsa
What's new?
- Blah, blah, yadda-yadda...
- Removes all Coptersafe patches :D

Ahh yeah you wouldn't want to ever upgrade with Coptersafe. I wonder what the latest firmware that it works with is, couldn't find it on their site.

No issues for me. Hopefully it fixes the .dng previews on macs. Settings were not changed so that's a plus
After I did this update, my video panning was choppy....ughhh

Like yawning left and right??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661