DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Mavic Flight.......Oh My God!

pgitug

Reactions
Today was my first Mavic flight. Since December I have been flying a Phantom 3 Standard. I was ready for the Mavic. What a great machine. It was incredibly stable, no interference, perfect response to the remote and just an absolute joy to fly.
After unboxing the little gem I configured the controls as described in the following Youtube video:
This post makes the flight controls better for the purpose of filming. I liked it for peace of mind.
I flew two batteries down to 45% keeping the quad within 700 feet of me, but I did climb to 400'.
The few issues I ran into:
Remote on/off. I learned to push the power button twice very quickly, holding it down after the second push until you see the power on message.
My iPhone 6 has to have the WIFI off to allow phone to connect with the Mavic.
Remember to remove the camera gimbal support before powering up the Mavic's battery.
The forward avoidance sensors see the ground if you are too low and will stop the Mavic in it's tracks.
I will always take off and land the Mavic from a 2' x 2' piece of plywood. The camera gimbal is so low.
I am 64 years old and I have not had this much fun in a very long time.
DJI MAVIC ROCKS

You might need a landing port more than 2X2 feet for precision landing. I use a 4X4 drone port with an X formed with duc tape If you let Mavic ascent 35 feet it will capture site and 100% precision landing

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Forget to menu, I tried 2X2 drone port and could not get consistent precision landings.

I have a homemade pad I made that is 28 by 28. And my mavic has never missed it in a return home attempt.
401cbdeeb7b2012072b5da2ae9eb11aa.jpg

Reactions: Rxb
What's the W for ?

I don't think it matters as long as it's some kind of geometric pattern that the Mavic can stick in his memory

Rob

Reactions: Slantnose79
Pgitug, you can get leg extentions for next to nothing and they will raise the whole Mavic up about 1.5" higher. Some people on this forum may even print them out with their 3D printer if u ask them nicely.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78