DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixed Wing Mode Demonstration

Ah. I figured it out. So a few additional details about FWM. You cannot activate if you are flying at maximum flight altitude. This is what was happening to me yesterday. In FWM, you are prone to drift. I decided to test it in high winds today, and like a real RC, my Mavic drifted sideways while flying forwards.

Here's another demo video

I e got a few issues with FW Mode - Wondering if any of you guys are experiencing these.

1) Sometimes it just simply will not allow me to switch into FW mode during flight. I can click C1 over and over, and every time it will say "Entered Fixed Wing Mode" then it immediately shuts off.

2) Sometimes the gimbal becomes off-center, and it seems that the aircraft is programmed to a variation of Home Lock, where "directly forward" on the right stick ignores the aircraft position and flies in the direction that the gimbal is facing... so, if the gimbal is locked off-center by 10 degrees to the right, and I'm pushing Straight Forward, the aircraft is flying at an angle in the direction of the gimbal's view.... When the gimbal auto-resets, the direction of "Forward"changes, and my aircraft instantly starts going in the new direction.

3) It just kept going.... To me, the most important part of flying is to be fluent with troubleshooting in the air... So I put myself in sketchy situations just to know how the aircraft will respond, and to learn what maneuvers are necessary to recover the aircraft. - During an FW test, I wanted to see how the aircraft would respond - So I set a max flight distance of 100 meters, and shut down the controller while in flight. In every test, the Mavic kept flying in FW mode until the max flight distance was reached...

He goes through some exercises, explaining it.

I'd like to know if one engages FWmode while flying fast(er) in Sport Mode will result in higher speed being maintained.

It would really be cool if they had a rate mode for the right stick (accel or decel then lock speed when the stick is neutral).

EDIT: The Manual Has Been Updated To V1.6 and includes "Fixed Wing" mode instructions.
Thank you. I appreciated and needed that !

Reactions: AlanTheBeast

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi