DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

From a techie: the arms of the Mavic Pro's RC are made for the iPad Mini 4

daisy-girl

Reactions

Rick of Drone Valley provides very clear explanations of his points of view.

Note that -- as others have suggested to avoid the magnets of the iPad interfering with the operation of the joy sticks -- Rick mounts the iPad to the RC with the Start button to the right.

However, when I tried that yesterday I noted that, in comparison with the Start button on the left, the image on the iPad lags when tilting the camera and/or yawing the aircraft.

In another clip, Rick makes the point that, by connecting one's device to the RC via the USB on the bottom of the RC rather than the port on the left, that frees up the port on the left for plugging in a Power Bank to keep the RC charged. If I can find that clip, I'll create a new thread with it.

Last edited:
Not even D V original findings, he just got it from another MP user.
Still intuitive.

Even though it is capable, I still use a tablet holder(SkyReat). The tablet holder allows me to angle my iPad mini 4 to limit sky reflection. Still, it is good in a pinch if I didn't have it for some reason.

Hmm, and I thought the RC arms were made for a Samsung Galaxy S2. Mine fits perfectly. The usb port is offset from the center, so that you can connect with the short cable to the RC side port when you turn the S2 one way, but you can turn it the other way and connect to the rear RC port. Those Samsung engineers are brilliant.

Hmm, and I thought the RC arms were made for a Samsung Galaxy S2. Mine fits perfectly. The usb port is offset from the center, so that you can connect with the short cable to the RC side port when you turn the S2 one way, but you can turn it the other way and connect to the rear RC port. Those Samsung engineers are brilliant.

Whoa! This is a sad day, indeed, now that I know that the loving arms of the MP RC are not, so to speak, monogamous.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB