DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal wheel tilt

It helps to think of the gimbal wheel as a volume control or frequency control on your stereo. Clockwise is ALWAYS up. CCW is ALWAYS down.

still is impossible to chage the wheel? I have the same problem a long time. I ruined a lot of shots

Yes, as a new user, I find it reverse logic. I have posted on DJI Forum to request software option.

P.S. Try riding a RUSI motorbike (one of the biggest Chinese brands) you change UP a gear by pushing the left foot DOWN. That can cause some very uncomfortable gear changes.

I'm with @Nalkh. For some reason, my mind wants it the other way too... Hopefully this gets added at some point (if possible).
I have had the same issue with my brain....I am sure the Mav is just fine. Rember to do your 'push-up's. Finger on the wheel and push to look up.....or pull it to look down.
At my age any memory trick is appreciated. I think it might be easier to alter my brain firmware than to get DJI to alter their corporate.....firmware.

Last edited:
Yes, as a new user, I find it reverse logic. I have posted on DJI Forum to request software option.

P.S. Try riding a RUSI motorbike (one of the biggest Chinese brands) you change UP a gear by pushing the left foot DOWN. That can cause some very uncomfortable gear changes.

Track (AKA racing) style of shift. Reason...is to keep your foot from under the lever when blowing down the straight.....or so I am told.

still is impossible to chage the wheel? I have the same problem a long time. I ruined a lot of shots
Boy, that resonates....a great flight and video...screwed up by rolling that little wheel the wrong way……..go slowly (and set gimbal speed to the slowest setting) and 'hold your shot' is the only good advice I have gotten recently.

I have had the same issue with my brain....I am sure the Mav is just fine. Rember to do your 'push-up's. Finger on the wheel and push to look up.....or pull it to look down.
At my age any memory trick is appreciated. I think it might be easier to alter my brain firmware than to get DJI to alter their corporate.....firmware.
I'm an old guy too and found it awkward at first but now the way I remember it is:
Lefty lower (wheel anticlockwise, camera moves down)
Righty raise (wheel clockwise, camera moves up)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themirac