DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gizmodo on Mavic debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those guys will post anything just to get some ad views. They are a little late to that party though.

That's me out now, seriously this as been an absolute joke. I'm emailing the seller for a £1250 refund.

Who did you buy from?

Well according to gizmodo, It sure does not look to promising for us that have pre-orders.

And it would be nice if DJI was upfront with EVERYONE about why the delay..... It is called communication!!!

I don't like the idea that I have a $1300 paid in full pre-order to a DJI "dealer"..... I am sure the dealer has also pre-paid DJI for their order.

Thankfully some of the Mavic pros have been released, so we can at least hear if there are manufacturing problems.

Thanks Dirty Bird for posting the article.

That makes sense then. Dealers were never supposed to get stock until November. A little tip for next time, always order direct from DJI on the release date if you want a newly released aircraft as soon as possible.

I have now canceled my order. this is the reply I got via facebook messenger.

"We've no updates at the moment other than there due early November . I will make arrangements to have your order canceled and refunded with our admin team . Sorry that the delay is beyond our control ."

That makes sense then. Dealers were never supposed to get stock until November. A little tip for next time, always order direct from DJI on the release date if you want a newly released aircraft as soon as possible.

**** msinger....you will go to the ends of the earth to defend DJI won't you.....I mean DJI is wrong......DJI should have better communication with it's customers....why you feel the need to defend such a company that treats the customers like this is beyond me....we get it...you have a ****** for DJI....but at least man up and say DJI has left their customers in the dark AS USUAL.....I was hoping to come to mavicpro.com to get away from the die hard DJI fanboys....that have corrupted phantompilots....guess you found your way over here also.....

What is new & pertinent in this article is DJI's admission that full production is NOT underway & the claim production was "in full swing" was a deception. . This gives credence to the suspicion that the October 15 release was simply to take out Karma.

Those guys will post anything just to get some ad views. They are a little late to that party though.

Last edited:
Even the resellers aint happy.

"Yes totally understand we've paid over £70,000 to dji and that was before we took any pre orders . I feel sad that we have been with dji since the very early days of the wookong and well before even the first phantom was released ."

This forum has 1,425 members in the space of a few weeks and I'm guessing 90% have ordered a Mavic and out of that number how many have actually got one?

I will still buy a Mavic (Well probably) but for now I will take this as a lesson learnt and never pre-order again and get wound up about being lied to by men in suits.

Reactions: No1much
I thought that letter was deemed fake. Anything to get views I guess.
The letter might be fake, who knows, although the tone of the letter fits in very well with the way DJI has treated it's customers so far. A small batch shipped on the 21st and another small batch of fly more kits shipped on the 25th. They must know we are tracking deliveries so why the "We are now shipping" BS, shipping a few hundred when you have tens of thousands of orders is just trying to quell the roar of outrage a bit. It would have been MUCH better to just send everyone a email and make a public announcement that deliveries would be delayed into Nov due to supply chain issues, or whatever.

Who did you buy from?
I can't remember but weren't the P4s available at the Apple Stores before DJI preorders got shipped? Regardless as of right now, as far as I'm concerned, DJI has the best product and I will continue to purchase their drones. I finally ordered my Mavic, yesterday, from Amazon and fulfilled and shipped by Amazon LLC. And when it gets here it gets here - no plane tracking for me.

And I, for one, would like to thank you msinger for all the help/support you provide for us all. Thanks

Last edited:
**** msinger....you will go to the ends of the earth to defend DJI won't you.....I mean DJI is wrong......DJI should have better communication with it's customers....why you feel the need to defend such a company that treats the customers like this is beyond me....we get it...you have a ****** for DJI....but at least man up and say DJI has left their customers in the dark AS USUAL.....I was hoping to come to mavicpro.com to get away from the die hard DJI fanboys....that have corrupted phantompilots....guess you found your way over here also.....

Chris, of m more surprised that you care enough to rant on this forum about a user that has brand loyalty.

What does it matter what MSinger thinks or likes or defends? It's his business not yours.

Guys like you want JUSTICE... if it's not this issue it's always some company or someone doing you wrong.

Here's my suggestion Chris, if you want to send DJI a clear precise message (?) take your business elsewhere. Go to Karma?!Go to YUNEEC?

I'm a DJI fan boy too I guess! They rolled out the best Drone on the market year after year... with little competition! They are THE market leaders! I believe Karma came out, DJI "leaked" the Mavic, and stopped Karma in its tracks... Mavic sales are far exceeding anything DJI expected in sure... keeping up with the demand is a tall order.

Lastly I'll say this, you wanted a Mavic? So did I! I watched the launch, then went to lunch, chilled for a few hours, then thought "screw it, I'm doing this"... I went on Amazon, looked for DJI STORE, and pulled the trigger! Then I went to the DJI app and bought my accessories. I was one of the first in the USA to get the Mavic, certainly in the western side of the USA, and I'm very happy. So back to my question... how did DJI make it harder for you to preorder just like I did? Are you mad at DJI or yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

anyone getting hit with that 50.00 conversion fee that is mentioned?

Chris, of m more surprised that you care enough to rant on this forum about a user that has brand loyalty.

What does it matter what MSinger thinks or likes or defends? It's his business not yours.

Guys like you want JUSTICE... if it's not this issue it's always some company or someone doing you wrong.

Here's my suggestion Chris, if you want to send DJI a clear precise message (?) take your business elsewhere. Go to Karma?!Go to YUNEEC?

I'm a DJI fan boy too I guess! They rolled out the best Drone on the market year after year... with little competition! They are THE market leaders! I believe Karma came out, DJI "leaked" the Mavic, and stopped Karma in its tracks... Mavic sales are far exceeding anything DJI expected in sure... keeping up with the demand is a tall order.

Lastly I'll say this, you wanted a Mavic? So did I! I watched the launch, then went to lunch, chilled for a few hours, then thought "screw it, I'm doing this"... I went on Amazon, looked for DJI STORE, and pulled the trigger! Then I went to the DJI app and bought my accessories. I was one of the first in the USA to get the Mavic, certainly in the western side of the USA, and I'm very happy. So back to my question... how did DJI make it harder for you to preorder just like I did? Are you mad at DJI or yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I simply refuse to buy direct though - customer service which is notoriously bad if there is a problem right away OOTB, and restrictive 7 day return policy Yes that means I ordered elsewhere that is promising I'll have it 10/31 (which I am doubting). If I have a problem, I can walk in within 45 days and exchange or return, no hassle, no waiting and shipping it somewhere and having something fixed or waiting on a refund.

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31