DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got our Mavic 3 in today, first impressions

if the problems will be fixed in jan than i say keep it and go with the software updates as they come along.
you may not be able to get one of these comejan because of availability

I ordered the M3 after much research and consideration. It works for me and I think it is a great drone now and will be even better when DJI releases the anticipated firmware updates. Of course I wish it had the full complement of software features now, upon release, but it doesn’t. I can live with that without the heartburn. DJI I produces some of the best drones on the market, is a reputable company, and I believe it will come through with the anticipated features.
That’s my opinion for my own consumption. I’m not trying to convince you or anybody else to like the M3. Actually, I don’t understand why you’re asking for opinions from others nor why it should matter at all in your case because you have flown it and experienced it firsthand. The time for asking the questions you pose would have been before you bought it. You have the drone in your hands now and you say you don’t like it. Is somebody else’s opinion going to change your mind about what you’re seeing and experiencing? At this point, I f you don’t like it, why would you keep it? I certainly wouldn’t if I didn’t like mine. You’ve got a decision to make, and I hope your next one is the correct one. Happy and safe flying! 👍🏾
I asked for opinions in case there is something I missed. I bought the drone because I am a vendor and develop some 3D printed accessories for drones, and would buy every one of DJIs drones as long as DJI doesn't equip drones with everything that a user needs. I was aware some features were missing, not that every feature was missing and was shocked to find that out, it's not something that DJI has ever done before, and as stated, feels like they did it solely to get it out before Christmas. I still feel like the dual sensors is a gimmick, and they left the way the second sensor operates to a vague "hybrid" description, which one assumes means an optical and digital hybrid zoom, and not just a combination of the two sensors and digital zoom.

I have until January 16th to evaluate the drone and return it for a full refund, and I'll continue to evaluate it until then, and not rush into a decision. Here's a Panorama my husband took with it of a Veterans Memorial yesterday, turned out pretty good.

Thanks for your reply and everyone else's. I do like the 4k slow-mo from 4k120p, so far that has improved my opinion, but not by a whole lot.

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama-2.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: Johnmcl7
I have always taken pride by being on the lagging edge of technology. I think for now i will stick with my M1P's

I've been watching a lot of YouTube reviews but no one really brings up any negatives except for the poor zoom camera. I feel likes there's too many missing features on the drone to provide a solid review. Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts.
A lot of those YT reviewer are also getting their drone for free from DJI. So, they rarely do negative review about those gear. That's why I usually go see "mr everybody" channel for a real review from someone who actually bought the drone with their own money.

who will be returning the m3 to where they bought it?
i returned my m3 to best buy last night got a refund and bought a 2s.
2s should meet my needs i am sure.
thx Don

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: khabbi and Coskier
I guess the Mavic 3 is not for everybody. The Mavic Air 2S is more than sufficient for most of the people. The Mavic 3 is at another level for photography and videography, but only the pros on that subject will seen the benefit.

I personally like the APAS 5, Advance RTH feature and can not wait to test the tracking system.

who will be returning the m3 to where they bought it?
i returned my m3 to best buy last night got a refund and bought a 2s.
2s should meet my needs i am sure.
thx Don
Not I. Flew it enough yesterday to really like it. Now I need either a Tripltek or an RC Pro.

I'm upgrading to the M3, but if I wasn't I'd prefer the Mavic 2 pro just because it has DJI Go 4.

I'm almost sick of hearing about the M3 not being good enough for some... we get it, it's like many hobbies where the slight upgrades or certain things aren't worth the $$ to some... Thank you and move back to the Air forum or appropriate forum for you please. I won't come over and trash your drone and talk about how my 3 is better, I promise. LOL

I'm upgrading to the M3, but if I wasn't I'd prefer the Mavic 2 pro just because it has DJI Go 4.

I'm almost sick of hearing about the M3 not being good enough for some... we get it, it's like many hobbies where the slight upgrades or certain things aren't worth the $$ to some... Thank you and move back to the Air forum or appropriate forum for you please. I won't come over and trash your drone and talk about how my 3 is better, I promise. LOL
That's completely missing the point and misrepresenting what people are saying. There's a big difference between a question of whether the cost of the Mavic 3 is worth the money and the Mavic 3 being shipped with major features missing, People are absolutely not coming to this forum section to trash talk the Mavic 3 and the person who started this thread has actually bought the drone and asked for feedback on the state of the product.

That's completely missing the point and misrepresenting what people are saying. There's a big difference between a question of whether the cost of the Mavic 3 is worth the money and the Mavic 3 being shipped with major features missing, People are absolutely not coming to this forum section to trash talk the Mavic 3 and the person who started this thread has actually bought the drone and asked for feedback on the state of the product.
Well said. I'm bashing more DJI for releasing an incomplete product after several years of development, on a crappy platform (DJI FLY) for a professional drone that costs $5000+

@khabbi Most of the key features that come with a Mavic drone, like quickshots, the newly added Mastershots, panorama, 360 photos, waypoints etc etc are missing. I actually own the drone, have used it, and my impression of it constantly changes, but if you don't have hands on experience, your opinion matters very little, since you know, you haven't even tried it yet and you're probably going off the experience of the multitude of youtubers who have a VESTED INTEREST in maintaining the relationship with DJI, and manipulating viewers for likes, shares, comments and affiliate link clicks.

I do like the 4k 120, and she is very quiet for her size, that I am impressed by.

Well I finally got around to trying the new Mavic 3 out today, couldn't notice any horizon gimbal issues, was very impressed with the video quality, loved the smooth 4K 60fps, looked great on the big screen, colours looked very crisp & vibrant, I could see a difference between this & my Mavic 2 Pro recorded footage, I actually liked the zoom facility, gave me a good idea of what to expect on a clear day with good LOS, found the flying ok in Normal mode, never got to try Sports Mode, found the sticks over responsive to the slightest touch, more noticeable when trying to manually land, the OA made it very difficult compared to my M2P which is a breeze to land, ended up switching OA off just to land, hoping the due firmware upgrade sorts out these problems & it can only get better, also got to say flying it with the RC Pro was very easy, but thats only because I'm used to my old SC when flying the M2P.

Reactions: Point Zero

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic