DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help before travel to Vanuatu Volcano and Fiji

baser1000

Reactions
Hi everyone!

I purchased my Mavic to use on an upcoming trip to Vanuatu and Fiji, starting six days from now. In Vanuatu, I'm hoping to get good footage of Mount Yasur Volcano on Tanna Island. In Fiji, I just want general footage of the water and reef. I'm looking for some relatively simple advice so I can take the best footage possible with the short amount of preparation time that I have, please!

I have no previous experience with drones, so I plan to be respectable, careful, and diligent every time I do fly. Because I'm new to all of this, please excuse my lack of knowledge of any drone-related language within my posts. I still have a week to learn some basic flying skills near home and purchase necessary items, so I'm hoping I can get some help from you guys. I'm also reading everything I can, I printed the full manual, and I'm watching lots of youtube videos.

Here are some of my initial questions:

It seems like tripod mode is my best option to shoot good video, is that correct? What's the best resource to learn how to further change any remote settings..if necessary?

I purchased PolarPro ND8, ND16, ND32, and ND32/PL filters (cinema series.) Which ones to use (and when) seems pretty confusing. What is my best option for bright sun/water? What is my best option for daytime over an exploding volcano? What's my best option for nighttime (completely dark) over an exploding volcano? I'm really excited about the possibility of getting good footage here.

I plan to use an older model iPad mini to fly. Will I have any problems being that it's an older model? What is the best lightning cable to use and where do I get it? I don't have a sun shade yet but I assume I need one. What is my best option for an iPad mini?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but is there anything else I need to ask/do/purchase/learn to do really well while I still have a full week to do so?

Thanks so much!

Inquire if you can bring a drone in the country you going to and what are the rules and regulations.

Please post pics/vids from your trip! I'm sure they will be spectacular. I only use a UV filter and get great results; can't comment on the ND filters.

And as for nighttime flying, neither Fiji nor Vanuatu allow flying other than daylight hours.

Have a great trip. I'm envious!

Please post pics/vids from your trip! I'm sure they will be spectacular. I only use a UV filter and get great results; can't comment on the ND filters.

And as for nighttime flying, neither Fiji nor Vanuatu allow flying other than daylight hours.

Have a great trip. I'm envious!

I did just see the nighttime flying restriction but hopefully combined with some good hand-shot nighttime video, I'll still be very happy with my finished product. Thanks!!

You might find Tripod mode a bit too slow for general use...you're limited to about 2 mph....Cinematic mode could be a better bet.

The point of the ND filters is that they enable you to slow your shutter speed down when shooting video...ideally, you want the shutter speed to be approx twice the frame rate. If you're shooting at 30 frames per second, a shutter speed of 1/60th would be good. Generally, in sunny conditions you would probably be using either ND16 or 32.

Older iPad mini is no good...you need at least a mini 2 for it to work.

You might find Tripod mode a bit too slow for general use...you're limited to about 2 mph....Cinematic mode could be a better bet.

The point of the ND filters is that they enable you to slow your shutter speed down when shooting video...ideally, you want the shutter speed to be approx twice the frame rate. If you're shooting at 30 frames per second, a shutter speed of 1/60th would be good. Generally, in sunny conditions you would probably be using either ND16 or 32.

Older iPad mini is no good...you need at least a mini 2 for it to work.

Good to know..thanks!

I'm glad I asked about the iPad mini. I *thought* mine (which has been lying around for years) was 2nd Gen, at least, but I see now that it's a first generation..so I'm going to grab a new one. I assume an iPad mini is much preferred to an iPhone (6 or 7) Plus?

Youre being very ambitious on this trip if you are new to drones. What country/state do you live in?

If I were you, and I dont know how much flight time you have already, I would fly a few times a day to get used to the Mavic before your trip and try to simulate what you plan to do before you go.

Tripod mode is fine to fly in if you want to fly slow and have obstacle avoidance active. If youre going to be flying near water , try to stay over land as much as possible if youre new to drones. Also be aware of the gusty wind conditions beaches and flying near the water are prone to generate. If you are flying in Tripod or Cinematic mode, be prepared to switch to sport mode to be able to return in high wind conditions. Dont let sea spray get into your drone, so keep it high enough to avoid the waves.

What is my best option for daytime over an exploding volcano? What's my best option for nighttime (completely dark) over an exploding volcano? I'm really excited about the possibility of getting good footage here.

Depends on what the ambient light is during your flight. If your gimbal is horizontal during flight, and its a bright day out, go with a higher ND filter. If you are shooting gimbal down, and dont have as much available light, use a lower ND or just a CP.

Best option for a new pilot flying over an exploding volcano at nighttime? Stay on the ground and find a nearby bar. Ask a Navy pilot what's his least favorite landing experience, it would be a night trap on an aircraft carrier. Same with flying a Mav at night. Easy to lose orientation, and if you are flying FPV not LOS, and it gets too dark to see, I hope your RTH is set to hogher than the top of the volcano, or you Mav will become part of the volcano.

You are evidently spending alot of money on this trip, so dont cheap out on your device. Use a device that runs smoothly, can store all your footage, and is compatible.

Before you leave home for this adventure, please make sure that you are covered for total loss of the aircraft. It sounds very risky, but each to his own.

Reactions: Rbruz
Obviously the iPad gives more screen space than the phones, but a 6 or 7 plus is very usable...your choice really. If you go the iPad route, the mini 4 has a much brighter/less reflective screen if you can afford it

Did you ever see the CNN documentary series The Wonder List by Bill Weir? Philip Bloom was the cameraman on a lot of his trips, and I'm adding a link to a "behind the scenes" video of their Vanuatu episode which shows the volcano.

Last edited:
Vanuatu has specific RPAS (drone) Legislation and you need to fly within the Law.

So far nothing you have described would be legal.

Vanuatu also has laws to protect cultural heritage and the Volcano comes under those laws.

You would need to submit a Media Production Enquiry 4 weeks before arriving in Vanuatu through the National Cultural Centre.

My best advice is to read through the official Vanuatu RPAS (drone) site maintained by the Vanuatu Civil Aviation Authority and the National Cultural Council.
All your questions will be answered here, accurately :) and you will know exactly what you can do legally in Vanuatu.

Be aware serious penalties exist if laws aren't followed !

Vanuatu Drone Zone | drone.vu vanuatu
Vanuatu National Film and Audio Department - VFAD

regards
[email protected]

Hi everyone!

I purchased my Mavic to use on an upcoming trip to Vanuatu and Fiji, starting six days from now. In Vanuatu, I'm hoping to get good footage of Mount Yasur Volcano on Tanna Island. In Fiji, I just want general footage of the water and reef. I'm looking for some relatively simple advice so I can take the best footage possible with the short amount of preparation time that I have, please!

I have no previous experience with drones, so I plan to be respectable, careful, and diligent every time I do fly. Because I'm new to all of this, please excuse my lack of knowledge of any drone-related language within my posts.
Here are some of my initial questions:

What is my best option for daytime over an exploding volcano? What's my best option for nighttime (completely dark) over an exploding volcano? I'm really excited about the possibility of getting good footage here.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but is there anything else I need to ask/do/purchase/learn to do really well while I still have a full week to do so?

Thanks so much!

Reactions: corbyjames
I have just returned from Vanuatu, I am brand new to flying the Mavic Pro or any other drone. As far as the law goes, i didn't do any research prior to going and spent 17 days there 10 of which we were bunkered down with a cat 5 Cyclone just off the coast. Anyway, I go to Vanuatu every year for the last eight years and know how lax law enforcement is there, not so sure with Fiji. I flew the Mavic anywhere I wanted as I know most of the Chiefs of the villages around Efate. They encouraged me to fly all over there islands and land as well as reefs, they were truly fascinated. So I wouldn't worry to much about the legalities. I would still recommend that all practical rules were followed regarding people possibly being injured through poor decision making. In saying that, remember to ask the locals if it is ok they still have their native Kustams, so don't treat them with anything but respect.
I flew the Mavic over 3.5 km from myself in every direction, the footage over the land was crisp and sharp, I should have used the cinematic made to film as my control of they drone is fairly abrupt when turning and elevating. Over the reef, It looked like the reefs were dry (when infant there was at least 2 metres of aqua coloured water) and I think if I had used a polorising filter it may have come up better. Also filming with the sun behind the drone gave much better and realistic results. Birds were a problem, at Pele Island as an Eagle of some kind attacked the drone when it was 3 kms from me, the drone fell from the sky, rolling over but eventually levelled out, at which time I could see the bird flying way from it. I was at 120 metres at the time, I think that saved my, at that point I just hit the return to home button and the magic flew back undamaged.

If I post a video may be the more experienced guys could give me some pointers of how to improve my abysmal photography and flying skills. Enjoy your time and spend as much time with the natives there, they are the friendliest people in the world.

Regards
John
NSW
Australia

Attachments

• DJI_0008.JPG
    DJI_0008.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 28
  • DJI_0012.JPG
    DJI_0012.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 27
Following the above advice will have you detained, and your drone confiscated.
The RPAS laws are enacted and you could end up in jail if you injure someone.
Follow the official advice given by the CAAV and not false facts to stay safe and enjoy your holiday.

The Vanuatu Drone Zone | drone.vu vanuatu website allows you to contact the Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu and you can ask for help anytime. The RPAS legislation is also available as a pdf download of the complete law (Part 101 and Part 102) and there is a condensed version for quick reference.
All RPAS (drones) brought into the country now do need to be registered along with the person who will be flying.

Vanuatu RPAS,

As I said, if you use common sense while flying you will be ok, I took my drone into Vanuatu, flew it around Port Vila, while there was no helicopters or planes flying, out to Takara, flew out there, Devils Point Rd and out around Hideaway and then over to Pele and flew either side of the island. My drone was in my carry on luggage and checked when passing through customs, no questions asked. Not trying to be a smartarse here, just stating the the facts, I also have my Mavic Pro set at the correct altitude of 120 m, maximum, Chief Mezerei at Piluira wanted me to fly it at 400 metres to get the whole island in, but I told him that was not allowed so we stuck at the legal height. I never flew over people, or built up areas, mostly over the ocean and rural type areas, can't see the harm in that.

That being said, i will in future be following the guidelines of the CAAV as I visit Vanuatu twice yearly and would obviously prefer to meet any legal obligations regarding flying my drone, no doubt Australia will bring in similar rules if they haven't already, I had better do some more research.

Always fly safely and use common sense.

John

Following the above advice will have you detained, and your drone confiscated.
The RPAS laws are enacted and you could end up in jail if you injure someone.
Follow the official advice given by the CAAV and not false facts to stay safe and enjoy your holiday.

The Vanuatu Drone Zone | drone.vu vanuatu website allows you to contact the Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu and you can ask for help anytime. The RPAS legislation is also available as a pdf download of the complete law (Part 101 and Part 102) and there is a condensed version for quick reference.
All RPAS (drones) brought into the country now do need to be registered along with the person who will be flying.

Hi There, I have just tried to read up on the Permits & Licensing link on your Website, It doest work just came up with 404 page not found. I wanted to read up on how to apply and what the rules are, I can't imagine they would be to different than Australia, but I won't know till they are available to read.

Regards
John

Last edited:
The Australian rules are as follows for new drone pilots here, no license required if you follow the rules and fly a DJI Mavic Pro or similar.

Flying drones in Australia
Learn about the rules for flying drones in Australia-in effect since 29 September 2016.

The full rules are contained in Part 101 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations and cover all recreational and commercial unmanned flight, including model aircraft, airships, balloons, rockets, kites, pyrotechnics and, of course, the ever-growing drone/remotely piloted aircraft sector.

What are the basic rules I need to know?
Australia’s safety laws for drones or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) generally depend on whether the operator is flying commercially or recreationally.

If you are flying for any economic gain you need certification unless your RPA weighs less than two kilograms. Under these circumstances, you need to notify CASA and follow the standard operating conditions (SOCs). There are also reduced regulatory requirements for some private landowners/leaseholders operating RPAs.

If you are flying for fun and not any economic gain, then the regulations are less restrictive. You do not need to be certified, providing you follow some simple safety rules.

Whatever your reason for flying, it is an offence to operate an unmanned aircraft in a way that creates a hazard to another aircraft, another person or property.

Why change the rules?
CASA amended Part 101 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations to:

• reduce the cost and regulatory burden on lower-risk RPA operations
  • clarify which operators needed an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC)
  • update terminology to align with the International Civil Aviation Organization, for example, UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) has become RPA (remotely piloted aircraft).
What rules have changed?
The amendments to Part 101 create new weight classifications for RPA:

• micro - 100 grams or less
  • very small - more than 100 grams and less than 2 kilograms
  • small - at least 2 kilograms and less than 25 kilograms
  • medium - at least 25 kilograms and less than, or equal to, 150 kilograms
  • large - greater than 150 kilograms.
New licensing and certification have been introduced for operators of RPAs outside of the excluded category:

• a remote pilot licence (RePL)
  • an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC).
The regulation introduces the concept of excluded RPAs, that is, RPA operations considered to be lower risk. These operations have reduced regulatory requirements. There are two excluded categories:

• very small RPAs
  • private landowners/leaseholders.
Excluded RPA - very small RPA commercial operators
Commercial operators flying very small (< 2 kg) RPAs do not require an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC) or a remote pilot licence (RePL).

You are required to notify CASA at least five days before your first commercial flight and operate by the SOCs. This means obtaining an aviation reference number (ARN) from CASA.

Excluded RPA - flying over your own land
Private landowners and leaseholders can carry out some operations on their own land with a small RPA (< 25 kg) without needing a ReOC or RePL, if you follow the SOCs and none of the parties involved receives remuneration. Activities include aerial spotting, photography, spraying and carrying cargo.

Under these conditions, you can also operate a medium RPA providing the remote pilot holds an RePL.

What are the standard operating conditions?
  • Excluded RPAs, i.e. commercial very small RPA operators and some private landowners, must follow the SOCs.
  • You must only fly during the day, not at night.
  • You must only fly by visual line of sight (VLOS)-close enough to see, maintain orientation and achieve accurate flight and tracking.
  • You must fly no higher than 120 metres (400 feet) above ground level.
  • You must not fly any closer than 30 metres from other people.
  • You must not fly in a prohibited area or in a restricted area without the permission of the responsible authority.
  • You must not fly over populous areas, such as beaches, parks and sporting ovals. The risk to life, safety and property depends not only on the density of people and property in an area but also the flying height and the likelihood of injury or damage should something go wrong with the RPA.
  • You must not fly within 5.5 kilometres (3 nautical miles) of a controlled aerodrome-one with an operating control tower.
  • You must not fly in the area of a public safety operation without the approval of a person in charge of the emergency response. This includes situations such as a car crash or any police, firefighting or search and rescue operations.
  • You must only fly one RPA at a time

If you wish to fly outside any of these conditions, you need to be licensed and/or certified by CASA. For example, licensed pilots may, subject to an air traffic control clearance, fly an RPA within 5.5 kilometres of a controlled aerodrome.

There are also rules around flying an excluded RPA near smaller aerodromes. When flying near an aerodrome without an operating control tower, you must not fly above runways or taxiways or in the approach or departure paths. See Advisory Circular 101-10 for a depiction of these restricted flying areas.

The Mavic Pro falls into the very small class of drones, here are the specs:

AIRCRAFT- DJI MAVIC PRO

Folded H83mm x W83mm x L198mm
Diagonal Size (Propellers Excluded) 335 mm
Weight (Battery & Propellers Included) 1.62 lbs (734 g) (exclude gimbal cover)
1.64 lbs (743 g) (include gimbal cover)
Max Ascent Speed 16.4 ft/s (5 m/s) in Sport mode
Max Descent Speed 9.8 ft/s (3 m/s)
Max Speed 40 mph (65 kph) in Sport mode without wind
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 16404 feet (5000 m)
Max Flight Time 27 minutes (no wind at a consistent 15.5 mph (25 kph))
Max Hovering Time 24 minutes (no wind)
Overall Flight Time 21 minutes ( In normal flight, 15% remaining battery level )
Max Flight Distance 8 mi (13 km, no wind)
Operating Temperature Range 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
Satellite Positioning Systems GPS / GLONASS
Hover Accuracy Range Vertical:
+/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m
Horizontal:
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m

hope this helps you Baser1000

protect cultural heritage and the Volcano comes under those laws.

You would need to submit a Media Production Enquiry 4 weeks before arriving in Vanuatu through the National Cultural Centre.
I don't believe you .....

Taking a step back from my original post, I think I sound/am being much too ambitious, so I’ll clarify.

I’m traveling to Vanuatu on holiday and I always enjoy taking personal (handheld camera) photographs wherever I go. For this trip, I had really hoped to set myself up to take more unique photos (from this drone, if possible) to show family and friends why I’m traveling to what they refer to as a “crazy, isolated” place that I consider extremely beautiful and unique. Not many people in my life have ever heard of Vanuatu, and I’m very intrigued by the people, culture and beauty of it. I'm very excited to travel there and to meet people who reside there. I'm even bringing small gifts for those who have an impact on me.

Most of the photos and videos I planned to take (besides Mount Yasur, which I now realize likely isn’t possible) would be within 30 or so feet above water near where I’m staying….or even just unique shots of the bungalow that I’m staying in. I’d never use the drone above or very close to other people or without permission from others around me...or if it wasn't legal.

I searched for information on drones in Vanuatu (and Fiji) for hours and hours before posting this, and I never came across the Vanuatu Drone Zone website...or any other information on using a drone in Vanuatu. While looking at your website the other night, I see that many of the links do not work. I’d love if you can send me more information privately..or via this forum so others can refer to it in the future.

I am a law enforcement officer in the United States and I am always very respectable of laws, regulations, and others personal space and safety anywhere I am. I had planned to get careful guidance from the land owners where I planned to stay in Vanuatu and from any tour providers. Like I said, I would never fly it over people, or without permission and guidance from at least those around me who are knowledgable of local regulations and culture.

I would also never jeopardize having such an expensive piece of equipment lost or confiscated so if none of this works out and I can’t use it in Vanuatu, I’d be disappointed, but so be it.

Because your website does not seem to provide me with concise information that I obviously need to know, can you provide that to me here or via a private message now that I’ve stated more about what I had hoped to accomplish?

Reactions: JDG
The Australian rules are as follows for new drone pilots here, no license required if you follow the rules and fly a DJI Mavic Pro or similar.

Flying drones in Australia
Learn about the rules for flying drones in Australia-in effect since 29 September 2016.

The full rules are contained in Part 101 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations and cover all recreational and commercial unmanned flight, including model aircraft, airships, balloons, rockets, kites, pyrotechnics and, of course, the ever-growing drone/remotely piloted aircraft sector.

What are the basic rules I need to know?
Australia’s safety laws for drones or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) generally depend on whether the operator is flying commercially or recreationally.

If you are flying for any economic gain you need certification unless your RPA weighs less than two kilograms. Under these circumstances, you need to notify CASA and follow the standard operating conditions (SOCs). There are also reduced regulatory requirements for some private landowners/leaseholders operating RPAs.

If you are flying for fun and not any economic gain, then the regulations are less restrictive. You do not need to be certified, providing you follow some simple safety rules.

Whatever your reason for flying, it is an offence to operate an unmanned aircraft in a way that creates a hazard to another aircraft, another person or property.

Why change the rules?
CASA amended Part 101 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations to:

• reduce the cost and regulatory burden on lower-risk RPA operations
  • clarify which operators needed an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC)
  • update terminology to align with the International Civil Aviation Organization, for example, UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) has become RPA (remotely piloted aircraft).
What rules have changed?
The amendments to Part 101 create new weight classifications for RPA:

• micro - 100 grams or less
  • very small - more than 100 grams and less than 2 kilograms
  • small - at least 2 kilograms and less than 25 kilograms
  • medium - at least 25 kilograms and less than, or equal to, 150 kilograms
  • large - greater than 150 kilograms.
New licensing and certification have been introduced for operators of RPAs outside of the excluded category:

• a remote pilot licence (RePL)
  • an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC).
The regulation introduces the concept of excluded RPAs, that is, RPA operations considered to be lower risk. These operations have reduced regulatory requirements. There are two excluded categories:

• very small RPAs
  • private landowners/leaseholders.
Excluded RPA - very small RPA commercial operators
Commercial operators flying very small (< 2 kg) RPAs do not require an RPA operator’s certificate (ReOC) or a remote pilot licence (RePL).

You are required to notify CASA at least five days before your first commercial flight and operate by the SOCs. This means obtaining an aviation reference number (ARN) from CASA.

Excluded RPA - flying over your own land
Private landowners and leaseholders can carry out some operations on their own land with a small RPA (< 25 kg) without needing a ReOC or RePL, if you follow the SOCs and none of the parties involved receives remuneration. Activities include aerial spotting, photography, spraying and carrying cargo.

Under these conditions, you can also operate a medium RPA providing the remote pilot holds an RePL.

What are the standard operating conditions?
  • Excluded RPAs, i.e. commercial very small RPA operators and some private landowners, must follow the SOCs.
  • You must only fly during the day, not at night.
  • You must only fly by visual line of sight (VLOS)-close enough to see, maintain orientation and achieve accurate flight and tracking.
  • You must fly no higher than 120 metres (400 feet) above ground level.
  • You must not fly any closer than 30 metres from other people.
  • You must not fly in a prohibited area or in a restricted area without the permission of the responsible authority.
  • You must not fly over populous areas, such as beaches, parks and sporting ovals. The risk to life, safety and property depends not only on the density of people and property in an area but also the flying height and the likelihood of injury or damage should something go wrong with the RPA.
  • You must not fly within 5.5 kilometres (3 nautical miles) of a controlled aerodrome-one with an operating control tower.
  • You must not fly in the area of a public safety operation without the approval of a person in charge of the emergency response. This includes situations such as a car crash or any police, firefighting or search and rescue operations.
  • You must only fly one RPA at a time

If you wish to fly outside any of these conditions, you need to be licensed and/or certified by CASA. For example, licensed pilots may, subject to an air traffic control clearance, fly an RPA within 5.5 kilometres of a controlled aerodrome.

There are also rules around flying an excluded RPA near smaller aerodromes. When flying near an aerodrome without an operating control tower, you must not fly above runways or taxiways or in the approach or departure paths. See Advisory Circular 101-10 for a depiction of these restricted flying areas.

The Mavic Pro falls into the very small class of drones, here are the specs:

AIRCRAFT- DJI MAVIC PRO

Folded H83mm x W83mm x L198mm
Diagonal Size (Propellers Excluded) 335 mm
Weight (Battery & Propellers Included) 1.62 lbs (734 g) (exclude gimbal cover)
1.64 lbs (743 g) (include gimbal cover)
Max Ascent Speed 16.4 ft/s (5 m/s) in Sport mode
Max Descent Speed 9.8 ft/s (3 m/s)
Max Speed 40 mph (65 kph) in Sport mode without wind
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 16404 feet (5000 m)
Max Flight Time 27 minutes (no wind at a consistent 15.5 mph (25 kph))
Max Hovering Time 24 minutes (no wind)
Overall Flight Time 21 minutes ( In normal flight, 15% remaining battery level )
Max Flight Distance 8 mi (13 km, no wind)
Operating Temperature Range 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
Satellite Positioning Systems GPS / GLONASS
Hover Accuracy Range Vertical:
+/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m
Horizontal:
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m

hope this helps you Baser1000
I wouldn't be flying anywhere on the assumptions of using another countries regs.

Sure you may have gotten away with it in the past, but that won't help someone, or yourself, when you meet an official that has been recently briefed to uphold the rules and regulations. Vanuatu isn't a lawless backwater running on no laws or enforcements. You have just been lucky

Reactions: JDG
Hi John

try now and it should take you through to the registration sub-domain.
Any assistance I can give just let me know.
The website is due for public launch in the next couple of weeks, but we are providing the site now to help visitors in similar situation seeking the official Vanuatu info.
Our RPAS laws are different to Australia because they also take into account the cultural considerations of the country. Apart from that, whilst our laws are actually based on the New Zealand laws they are distinct and official law of the Republic of Vanuatu and are enforced just like any other Civil Aviation law or rule.

Best Regards
Mark

Hi There, I have just tried to read up on the Permits & Licensing link on your Website, It doest work just came up with 404 page not found. I wanted to read up on how to apply and what the rules are, I can't imagine they would be to different than Australia, but I won't know till they are available to read.

Regards
John

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine