DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Same issue.. gone today to Dji service in serbia...
Problem is only on some android phones... they put I "*******" phone and it worked... 1.4.100
In WiFi mode it works normal, only RC mode had issue ...

Reactions: pierakim
Hi guys,

I installed DJI assistant 2 v1.1.6 for PC from this link. No problem during the install, a bit weird when you have some warning message with Chinese characters and other things a bit obscure to authorise but ok!
Link between Mavic and PC is OK. I can see my current version, the one before, etc..

I've done a factory reset and it finished without any issue! In 2-3 min, it was very quick. Cool.

I uninstalled DJI Go 4 app v4.1.18 from my Nexus 7 and installed Go app v4.1.10 (apk link).

And it is a success!
No blurry/black/pixalisated video feed. More responsive.
It is not perfect, at a moment I had 30sec of 'blurry/black/pixalisated' screen, I don't know why, but ok. Much better than before and I didn't have to downgrade the FW.

My opinion is: it is all about the app. To be honest, the factory reset worked, but I didn't see any changes..The video and photo settings were the last one I used, the compass and IMU indicator were good, no calibration needed (but I've heard on other threads that it's normal), no specific messages. Ok! Why not!
Even the warning "Error code 110: failed to take off, please contact DJI Support" disappeared.

I also read on other threads that DJI has general issues with Android. I don't know which one but there are real issues. Depending on the devices, depending on the OS, depending on the OS version...I know it is an hard work (I'm a web dev and I know that it is a HUGE task to deal with Android & IOS, Android & IOS Versions, Android & IOS devices...nobody cares about Windows phones.. :() but come on...DJI is the world leader in the drone industry! Come on..6000 people working in the company! Based on the image in DJI Assistant 2, it looks like they are using Webpack, LoDashJS and maybe React in their code which are very modern and solid technologies and same for the drone communication I guess, so where are the dev and testers! Is it that hard to fix those bugs? At least to report them to customers based on their devices and their app version!

Maybe I can try to update the app to 4.1.15 to progress a bit, but I'm not sure if it is worth it.
Also, I can see a disclaimer for the Fixed Wings mode on my device. So even with Go app v4.1.10 I can use this new mode? I though I had to be on app v4.1.18 to use it..

Same issue.. gone today to Dji service in serbia...
Problem is only on some android phones... they put I "*******" phone and it worked... 1.4.100
In WiFi mode it works normal, only RC mode had issue ...

Hi autarh,
Thank you for your comment.
So the new FW 1.4.100 fixed the issue for you? What version of DJI Go 4 are you using?

Thank you very much for all the help I received here. It is very nice.
I will continue to update this thread if I notice other things soon.

If you have any suggestion, idea to share about this, please do it.

Another discussion on that issue here on DJI official forum.

Couple of photos I've done tonight during the test.
Brisbane, 6pm, 100m height. River view, city view.

P.

Nope it did not helm , they put Iphone and it works on it... but not on my Samsung S5 ...
They confirmed that there is issues with android ...
I just wanted to say it is not issue of Phone/Android limitation, because when i switch to WiFi mode on that same phone evrything works fine... not issue, on RC mode problems start to happens

Nope it did not helm , they put Iphone and it works on it... but not on my Samsung S5 ...
They confirmed that there is issues with android ...
I just wanted to say it is not issue of Phone/Android limitation, because when i switch to WiFi mode on that same phone evrything works fine... not issue, on RC mode problems start to happens

Any idea of the app version you're using?

I just downgraded the DJI Go app in my phone to 4.1.15 and all seems to be perfect. I didnt fly to test tho, as it's night right now.

Thanks...

I just downgraded the DJI Go app in my phone to 4.1.15 and all seems to be perfect...
I concur, Go 4 v4.1.15 works great on my underpowered Tab A. Make sure you disable auto updates and run in airplane mode or, like me, you might find a newer version installed that does not work.

i agree on updates... they are not automatic..
but why airplane mode? what is point of that ?

Putting it in airplane mode insures that it cannot connect to DJI to do any updating.

Not it would not... apps update when u r on wifi (depending on your settings) , even when they are not running... if u want to stop it from updating do this :
  1. Open Google Play.
  2. Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Auto-update apps.
  5. To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps

Not it would not... apps update when u r on wifi (depending on your settings) , even when they are not running... if u want to stop it from updating do this :
  1. Open Google Play.
  2. Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Auto-update apps.
  5. To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps
You are correct in that the proper way to prevent updates is your method or similar (it is different on my tablet). It is still a good idea to put it in airplane mode if your tablet is under-powered like mine. It will save some system resources and improve battery life.

Last edited:
my phone is completely strange.. when i connect him to RC he starts charging :D nice feature :D
Personally, I don't like this "feature" (Android) .... I start with a fully charged phone, I don't want to waste RC battery "charging" the phone.
Some may like it, there could even be a time when I need it ... it should be a selectable "feature" ... IMO.

Reactions: autarh
Agreed it should be selectable , because of my job i always always wears 2x10500Ah asus power banks.. So power is not issue

Reactions: OzoneVibe

And also, in airplane mode, you allocate less memory to all of the sleeping application on your device. The device is not waiting for calls, wi-fi signal, bluetooth signal..or anything related to a third party app installed on your device.
I prefer to fly in airplane mode, this way my device is dedicated to the drone and won't be affected by something else.

my phone is completely strange.. when i connect him to RC he starts charging :D nice feature :D
Personally, I don't like this "feature" (Android) .... I start with a fully charged phone, I don't want to waste RC battery "charging" the phone.
Some may like it, there could even be a time when I need it ... it should be a selectable "feature" ... IMO.
A feature or a flaw, it depends on your situation. The USB connection supplies power to your device at the expense of the RC. My tablet battery has never died but one time I forgot to charge the RC and was surprised by it's dead battery mid flight. I connected the Mavic battery/USB adaptor to a spent Mavic battery and the RC came back to life. I did not think I would use that adaptor but now I keep it ready with a cable attached.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat