DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Austria

tiwag

Reactions
Hi folks! I'm a new pilot of a Mavic Air 2.
It's not my first quad but the first serious quad.
I'm an electronics engineer working in the embedded systems field since 25 years, so I'm also technically interested in the operating details inside our toys ...

Very glad that I found your nice community.

Sorry for my English, please don't be worried if I don't use the correct grammar most of the time.

Greets, tiwag

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Willkommen in unserem Forum, tiwag, von Hauptmann am freundlichen Himmel von Texas!

The MA2 is a terrific machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in Austria! Hope you got the Fly More kit--you'll appreciate those extra batts.

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone" (DJI doesn't make it easy). Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn under stress in less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members worldwide--including many in Austria--to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Danke fürs Beitreten!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200615/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf

Welcome to the forum! Many years ago I lived in Stuttgart and we used to burn down to ski Hintertux a lot. I sure miss that and the Tyrol! Fantastic skiing only a few hours away (thanks to the Autobahn) and really reasonable compared to Switzerland. Tuxertal and Zillertal = Year around skiing! Some of the best times of my life. Austria is truly one of the most beautiful places on planet Earth.

Welcome to the forum! Many years ago I lived in Stuttgart and we used to burn down to ski Hintertux a lot. I sure miss that and the Tyrol! Fantastic skiing only a few hours away (thanks to the Autobahn) and really reasonable compared to Switzerland. Tuxertal and Zillertal = Year around skiing! Some of the best times of my life. Austria is truly one of the most beautiful places on planet Earth.

I'm pleased that you've so good memories to Austria. ?
I know the area you spoke of very well too, I was born and grew up in Tirol.
only 10km away from one of the highest ski resorts in Tirol, its name is Kühtai, maybe you've been there too.

...highest ski resorts in Tirol, its name is Kühtai, maybe you've been there too...

Never ski‘d there, but with the sheer number of places to ski in Austria, that’s not surprising.

I have been by there though, many times. One of my favorite “weekend road trips” was to head south from Stuttgart to Zurich, then East through the Arlberg Tunnel to Landeck for the night. (I can still smell the Farmerschnitzel) Then we’d either keep on to Innsbruck or head south through the Russian Pass for Bolzano Italy for lunch, then up to Innsbruck For the night and head back to Stuttgart by driving through Garmisch-Partenkirschen.

Man how I miss those weekend drives and the absolutely SPECTACULAR scenery. 4 years of my life I’ll never forget or be able to equal.

Reactions: tiwag
Welcome!! PLEASE post lots of videos/pics of your fantastic Austrian scenery!

that's my plan :)
want to bring up videos shot during doing my hobbies
Sailing, mountain hiking and motorcycling

but first i've to practice flying and video postproduction ... hope it will not last too long ... keep your fingers crossed

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
You said you were interested in the operating systems inside these drones. Here is a short list of what are some causes of flight control problems which are caused by the following.
#1. Loss of GNSS positioning, which will generally lead to the FC switching to the ATTI mode unless it has active VPS positioning available.
#2. Disagreement between the IMU and compass yaw values, caused by taking off from magnetically distorted site.
#3 Wind speeds in excess of the design limits of the air craft.
#4 . Lost/damaged props or motor problems, leading to loss of propulsion.
#5. Power interruption due to battery disconnects.
#6. FC/IMU processor issues.
Most of the items are over my head, but I like to do research
to avoid losing my air craft. #1 and #6 still trying to understand what’s going on.
Anyway, just wanted to welcome you, and to see if you have insight about those issues.

Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe