DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I fly further than restricted area?

I do think that some should be careful to so quickly make assumptions that just because I want to know how to take my Mavic over 400ft, should the need ever arise, that I'm automatically out breaking the law or carelessly flying. KY Richard is correct that there are many hills over 400ft in the gorge and should the need ever arise, I know I can fly my Mavic over said obstacle safely. I do feel that it's only a matter of time before someone makes a mistake with a UAV that will penalize us all. Hopefully they will continue to promote safe drone flying and educate better in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How can I fly further than restricted area?
Why not read the manual on how to operate the drone... Fly anywhere your heart desires but read the manual first. Who drives before learning how to drive?
Restricted to 400 feet? You serious...
Thats like asking how do i take my car out of park:confused: no drunk driving dude.
Can't be serious it's no tricks or special DJI cheat codes just a **** &Jane manual.

I read the manual multiple times while waiting the two months for my Mavic Pro. People are quick to assume on here.

Reactions: Richard in Ky
I read the manual multiple times while waiting the two months for my Mavic Pro. People are quick to assume on here.

That's a **** & Jane 3rd grade manual. That you apparently couldn't comprehend for 2 months:)
If you can't get past the manual you need to remain in a restricted area. Afterwards do your thing but not before. I could care les where you fly but you need to figure the Manual out by yourself.
Pilot:oops:

Once again I read the manual several times and don't believe I had any problem comprehending it. Have you ever read a manual and still had a question after reading?

It would be awesome if there was a message board where people could bring questions without being told how they should fly and not be treated like they have never read the manual.

Reactions: Patrick415

You read the manual (twice) and didn't see the distance restriction option? Really??? That's about as straight forward as it gets. I'd recommend you browse through those option menus a few more times.

Actually I read it more than twice. My question has been answered but feel free to speak your mind.

Moderators feel free to delete this thread. Question was answered a long time ago.

I do think the max hight point raised here is a very good one as i am sure that this is what the OP was maybe talking about as he was aware the local geography presented him with some hight issues ...

I am sure people will forget that the hight restrictions built into the mavic software are taken from your take off point and not sea level ....

So if you are going to be flying in a location with a 700 ft hill and you want to fly to the top of it make sure your take off point is at least at the 400 ft hight or 300 feel below the peak to start with ......

And yes ALL of the law/guidence of flight should be adhered to as well ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green