How do I charge controller?

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Help' started by Yourguide, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Yourguide

Yourguide Active Member

I must be daft... can't figure out how to charge the controller... the cable that's plugged into it already goes to a lightning connector... that's for the phone... but the cable in the box with the Mavic that fits the port on the Mavic doesn't fit into the controller. The manual says Micro USB Power port... but I don't think it's the same as the Micro USB in the Mavic. One is squared the other is tapered.

Controller:
    [​IMG]

Mavic:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Yourguide

Yourguide Active Member

Apple has completely destroyed my ability to think for myself. I flipped the included USB cable over and it fits just fine. Maybe this will help someone else. LOL.

In my defense... they do look like different ports with the tapered edge and all. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

I agree -- the port does look odd.

FYI, DJI support created the following video on this topic:

4. kmaluo

kmaluo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wonder what the logic was to not make it a standard micro usb shape.

5. DoctorDray

DoctorDray Member

Hey everyone,

Just a question about controller charging. When you plug in the micro usb cable and the lcd screen lights up with the word "CHARGING", does it stay lit up continuosly? Or does "CHARGING" disappear after a few seconds?

Why am I asking? My Mavic got delivered with a a controller that doesn't charge... and the reason why I didnt realise initially was because when i plugged it in, the LCD would display "CHARGING" and then disappear after a few seconds :/ I'm just wondering what normal behaviour is.