DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to process mavic video after shooting?

salm123

Reactions
So ive shot a couple of videos in 4k on my mavic, and when i want to view them on my laptop (macbook pro) the video loses alot of frames and its really laggy and sometimes green screens pop up and the playback is just horrible. I was thinking that maybe because its in 4k my laptop cant handle it or something. Ive also tried using VLC and opening it in premiere pro CC, same thing happens. A couple of people told me that i have to decompress the video before editing but that didnt really solve it, my file went from 4 GB to 56 GB after decompressing but the same thing happens during playback. So my question is, what do people normally do to videos after shooting? (Note: Weird thing happened, when i view the cached videos on my phone i dont get that problem of the lagging, is it cause my laptop is old and crappy or is because of the size and 4k?)

The phone cache is probably only 720p, much less than 4K anyway.
It's sounds likely you'll need to do some updating to play the 4K let alone edit it.
You could try the 2.7K and 1080p is still pretty good.

In some cases updating video codecs will allow you to play the files.

Saying which year/spec macbook pro would help, but most likely it simply isn't powerful enough to decode 4K in real time.

I depends on your videocard in the computer and the screens capability. On the iMac and the IBook Pro you can see your max screen resolution in the top left corner by pressing on the apple logo:

about this mac -> screen -> you will see your max resolution.

Only the latest versions have 4k.

Happy Flying
Brewsky

Reactions: salm123
Hello,
I got the same issue here.editing 2.7K is very frustrating when you have an +2 year laptop.i'm going to try my wife's business computer (Intel I7 ,8gb ram,GeForce gtx graphics) that will likely go much better.

Reactions: markwit and salm123
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15