DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to unregister a sold drone

Looking at the file hierarchy of the GO4 app, the following file contains the operator's email address:
DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/userinfo.json
Perhaps changing the email address will address this, but I am not sure. So try it at your own risk...

Looking at the file hierarchy of the GO4 app, the following file contains the operator's email address:
Perhaps changing the email address will address this, but I am not sure. So try it at your own risk...

If you take over another person's device you simply need to delete and reinstall the app. Messing around in the configuration files is just a recipe for more problems.

Reactions: scoble08
Good question, that probably requires a bit more information to answer.

To clarify - he had a drone, mobile device and DJI account that he logged into in the GO app, and to which he synced his flight data. You bought the entire system and used the same DJI GO app installation which included data for his previous flights. Presumably you logged him out of the GO app and logged into your own (different) DJI account. Or did you use the same DJI account - you mentioned something about DJI not changing it? And is he still using his old account with a different aircraft?

So the question is - which DJI account are you logging into now, and which DJI account is he logging into? If you ended up using the same account then of course you will both see all data. If you are using different accounts then there should be no way for flights to be syncing to both accounts - you can't be logged into two accounts at once.

Correct logged him out and logged in with my new account and he is using his new setup M2P with his old account. I cleared all the data from the phone when we first identified the issue. We spoke a lot on the subject trying to resolve and he was emailing DJI also. We are using our own accounts however if in the DJI Go 4 App I go to "me" some of the information is still showing up with his data, (I can tell from the dates being before I purchased it from him.) My flight data is there and it's my name/email account etc. but if I sync the little cloud at the top or if he does then it merges our info again. The only thing we could figure is it is still tied to the my Mavic Serial number and his email somehow.

The only email listed there is mine

Correct logged him out and logged in with my new account and he is using his new setup M2P with his old account. I cleared all the data from the phone when we first identified the issue. We spoke a lot on the subject trying to resolve and he was emailing DJI also. We are using our own accounts however if in the DJI Go 4 App I go to "me" some of the information is still showing up with his data, (I can tell from the dates being before I purchased it from him.) My flight data is there and it's my name/email account etc. but if I sync the little cloud at the top or if he does then it merges our info again. The only thing we could figure is it is still tied to the my Mavic Serial number and his email somehow.

I think you will find it is because you didn't delete the app. I would make sure that all your flights are synced to the DJI servers and then delete and reinstall. That won't get rid of all his old flights but it should stop future cross-sync issues.

Reactions: tmiller
I think you will find it is because you didn't delete the app. I would make sure that all your flights are synced to the DJI servers and then delete and reinstall. That won't get rid of all his old flights but it should stop future cross-sync issues.
It's worth a shot. Thanks

@sar104 I feel like an idiot, maybe lol. Is it possible that the Airdata UAV HD Sync software could have been doing this? I just found that this app was still installed with his user token attached and set to autosync. I uninstalled registered with my info got my own token and now that part (at least) is only showing my flight records. So, go ahead and tell me, am I an idiot or could it still be in the DJI Go 4 app?

@sar104 I feel like an idiot, maybe lol. Is it possible that the Airdata UAV HD Sync software could have been doing this? I just found that this app was still installed with his user token attached and set to autosync. I uninstalled registered with my info got my own token and now that part (at least) is only showing my flight records. So, go ahead and tell me, am I an idiot or could it still be in the DJI Go 4 app?

That might well have been causing it, but I'd still delete and reinstall the GO app.

Really just factory reset the whole phone.

It's likely also still logged into his other cloud/store accounts etc...

You never should hand out a phone or any other digital device without wiping it first as a seller, AND even if they screwed that up you never use a used phone without wiping it first as a buyer.

Just been with someone who was trying to troubleshoot an old laptop someone grabbed out of a bin and started using it, and it was full of malware.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmiller
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki