DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I am going to build a flight tower

I think this spring I am going to build a 16 feet tall (maybe taller) fight tower that will have a 10 by 10 foot platform on it
smile.gif
this way I will be higher then most trees around me and better line of sight to see the mavic :)

I live on 1.7 acre's of land that is zoned GA ( general agriculture) I am not zoned residential :)

the plan is this :

I will be using used telephone poles with 4 feet deep in the ground

10 by 10 foot platform

Fabric roof ( to block sun but will not cause problems with the signals)

sides will be screen nylon ( so the bugs don't get to me..lol ) NOT metal screening!

internet access will be there via outside router

as for power I have a car jump pack ( for jump starting cars) that has usb and 12 volt plugs and an 120 inverter

may also have a small tv with hdmi, etc inputs with a plastic cover so I can cover it when not in use so it wont get wet

by using wood and fabric and no metal there shouldn't be any problems with signal and it will also help keep the cost down too!

so that's the plan this spring I cant now due to its cold and snow outside
sad.gif

any feed back or ideas please leave a comment :)

Thanks

Trailer mounted! Or trailer mounted scissors lift! One year I asked my local game warden could I take my battery powered scissor lift and chain it down to my skid steer trailer and pull it out in a area and leave the trailer not hooked to a vehicle and deer hunt from it, he said no problem, it goes to 19 feet plus the trailer height. Just a thought ..................

wow that's nice!!! that's the way to do it :) the only thing would be the walls would hurt the signal I guess you could hang out the window to fly it..lol :)

if it is to comfortable, you will not even want to go out and fly. Just stay in, watch TV, have a drink, take a nap. That is my kind of living.

Reactions: Howcroft22
Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper and less work to just build an antennae that is 16ft high? Mod your controller then just connect into the antennae and fly from inside your home.

Reactions: Rnl
Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper and less work to just build an antennae that is 16ft high? Mod your controller then just connect into the antennae and fly from inside your home.

That would make it hard to keep line of sight. I think the point of the tower is to keep it in view and get out farther.

I think this spring I am going to build a 16 feet tall (maybe taller) fight tower that will have a 10 by 10 foot platform on it
smile.gif
this way I will be higher then most trees around me and better line of sight to see the mavic :)

I live on 1.7 acre's of land that is zoned GA ( general agriculture) I am not zoned residential :)

the plan is this :

I will be using used telephone poles with 4 feet deep in the ground

10 by 10 foot platform

Fabric roof ( to block sun but will not cause problems with the signals)

sides will be screen nylon ( so the bugs don't get to me..lol ) NOT metal screening!

internet access will be there via outside router

as for power I have a car jump pack ( for jump starting cars) that has usb and 12 volt plugs and an 120 inverter

may also have a small tv with hdmi, etc inputs with a plastic cover so I can cover it when not in use so it wont get wet

by using wood and fabric and no metal there shouldn't be any problems with signal and it will also help keep the cost down too!

so that's the plan this spring I cant now due to its cold and snow outside
sad.gif

any feed back or ideas please leave a comment :)

Thanks
Sounds like a plan, good luck

An interesting idea, but Murphy's Law suggests that you'll get bored with flying around your own property right about the time you finish building the platform. :D
So true.... but if you love to build...it is all fun just the same!
Not quite sure if Murphy's Law applies but maybe some other law of plans and delivery dates.

I've been considering a modest flight deck on the back roof of my home.

i was thinking of doing that too but I have a metal roof :(

lol no I wont forget that :)

one a side note I have been eyeing up the new titan switch :) with 9db omni directional antennas :)

Titan Drones, Inc.

I want same, with just 20ft more height I could fly 700 mtrs to the beach and check out the surf.
I think I will build a platform on my shed roof.

I want same, with just 20ft more height I could fly 700 mtrs to the beach and check out the surf.

make sure your shed roof is not metal

Not on my roof, all metal.

yup mine is too :( hence why the fight tower which is fine with me I like to build things :)

on a side note I have some poles line up for spring so hopefully the deal with go thru :)

I want to do the same thing, but at my nephews house in Pacific Beach. Then fly the 1/4 mile to the beach and check out the bikini’s! Lol. Oops, I meant the pier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman