DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just saw my first Mavic

So many good responses thank you.

If I get one do you recommend getting a package deal like they offer with extra batteries, etc...or just piece it tougher myself?
I would highly recommend the fly more combo...you get a lot more for your money including more flight time ect when required. It's worth the extra cost in the long run

That's not really difficult to achieve being that it is in a class of, well ...one.

Before someone mentions Karma, it is at the school but two or three years below. It has also been eating lots of junk food...
KARMA....oooppps.....that reminds of the review iphonedo did on you tube

I used to fly my p3s for 6 months which included lots of hours of happy time, photos and videos. I was also able to reach 2.500 meters with a few software and hardware modes which costed less than 10 euros. However, I was always jealous of the big brother, the p3a, lightbridge is far more superior to wi fi. Once i sold my moded p3s I was also thinking purchasing a p3a or a mavic. A few things that helped me make my decision:
  • better camera in mavic, 4k compared to 2.7k
  • better range and penetration via combination of lightbridge and occusync
  • far more portable, easier to carry with you and that is a BIG PLUS, believe me
  • no more blades in my videos like the ones I had with the phantom 3 platform
  • 27 minutes vs 23 minutes of flying per battery as stated by DJI
  • faster via sport mode
  • mavic is more quite and I prefer black color instead of phantom's white
BUT
  • it comes with a price tag
  • and because of this I am more stressed when I fly the mavic

Reactions: SHRED
You will want extra batteries. You can make do with one, but who wants to wait ages between flights? Best deal is Fly More kit. Shop around for best price.

I have Samsung Galaxy S5.
Will that be sufficient?
I've noticed an adapter is available for iPad mini I take it?
I'm a bit concerned with such a small screen on my S5.

I have Samsung Galaxy S5.
Will that be sufficient?
I've noticed an adapter is available for iPad mini I take it?
I'm a bit concerned with such a small screen on my S5.
The iOS lead is for iPhone, in order to use a mini iPad you use the usb connection at the base of the controller and a standard lead not the short one supplied....hope this helps

The iOS lead is for iPhone, in order to use a mini iPad you use the usb connection at the base of the controller and a standard lead not the short one supplied....hope this helps
I apologize. I wasn't clear. I meant an actual physical aftermarket adapter to house an iPad Mini.

Reactions: cheertest
It's awesome no doubt.
I don't think it can be beat for travel.

I'm most likely now going to get that P3A for that great price, learn on it, then if I still am hooked get a Mavic Pro before a New Zealand/Tonga trip next year.
Dont bother with the P3A just get the Mavic Pro to start with.

It's awesome no doubt.
I don't think it can be beat for travel.

I'm most likely now going to get that P3A for that great price, learn on it, then if I still am hooked get a Mavic Pro before a New Zealand/Tonga trip next year.

Be HOOKED NOW!!! This is from our Christmas/New Years Trip to New Zealand/Moorea.

You will probably find it easier with the mavic pro to learn on, obstacle avoidance plus it lands pretty much where you take off from...ive got both and from my experience the mavic is far more forgiving and worth the extra investment considering how compact it is to travel with...you would not regret it I'm sure

Did you use any lens filter?

No Filter because my Mavic Pro arrived the morning we left for New Zealand. Totally unprepared, but was so happy that I got to fly the Drone for the first time in New Zealand!!!

If portability is what you want get the Mavic.

If good looking footage is what you want, get a P4 or P4P. I see P4P's for sale used for $1100 around my area. Not bad if you ask me. The Mavic is #1 in design and portability. But also #1 in the risk of unusable footage.

No Filter because my Mavic Pro arrived the morning we left for New Zealand. Totally unprepared, but was so happy that I got to fly the Drone for the first time in New Zealand!!!
What does New Zealand run for electricity? 220VAC? Did you need to get special socket adapters?

Oh my! :)

I have a line on a P3A with extra battery for $400 but now that I saw this Mavic...wow. I'm rethinking my entry into the drone world.

It seems so much quieter and mobile.

What are some other differences?
Does the Mavic take as good videos and photos?
Be sure to buy the DJI Refresh coverage for the Mavic Pro. I usually pass on "extended warranty coverage" on purchases. But this is much more and is well worth it if/when you need a repair.

Last edited:
Oh my! :)

I have a line on a P3A with extra battery for $400 but now that I saw this Mavic...wow. I'm rethinking my entry into the drone world.

It seems so much quieter and mobile.

What are some other differences?
Does the Mavic take as good videos and photos?
I bought a Mavic pro 3 weeks after buying a Phantom 3 Standard. As soon as I saw the Mavic I had to have it. Just look at the size comparison in this picture. Both cases have the drone, controller, 3 batteries, extra propellers, and charger. The Mavic is a joy to fly. The video quality is unsurpassed.

Attachments

• 20170330_192430.jpg
    20170330_192430.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: Chet Bang
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member