DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I live near an "airport"

skeester

Reactions
I live Outside of the city and I see that I live 4 miles from a small grass airport on the b4ufly app. Will I even be able to fly on my 2 acre property? I just saw a post where the new firmware is pretty limiting, not to mention my new mavic is sitting at FedEx and I don't even have it yet. Should I even open it or just return it?

I live Outside of the city and I see that I live 4 miles from a small grass airport on the b4ufly app. Will I even be able to fly on my 2 acre property? I just saw a post where the new firmware is pretty limiting, not to mention my new mavic is sitting at FedEx and I don't even have it yet. Should I even open it or just return it?
You should be just fine. Don't worry and go enjoy it!

Do not update the aircraft, leave it on the firmware it came with. My latest mavic arrived on .400 fw and it still is on .400

You might just have to check two boxes and hit "Agree" each time you launch, but usually thats just within 5mi radius of major city airports. You will likely just get a notification each time to be aware of it

I live 4 miles from a small regional airport and am considered 'class E', I just get a warning; I am running the latest everything on an Nvidia Shield.

Reactions: frankiez
I live 4 miles from a small regional airport and am considered 'class E', I just get a warning; I am running the latest everything on an Nvidia Shield.
I live within 4 miles of a regional airport as well. I am not in class E though as it only extends down to 700 ft. Below that I am in Class G. You may want to check the sectional chart because I am sure you are in G where you are as well. DJI had an issue with their database though as it always warns me that I am near a class C but that isn't the case at all. It is really weird though because if I launch in my front yard I don't get any warnings but if I launch in my back yard I get the popup with the check boxes.

I live within 4 miles of a regional airport as well. I am not in class E though as it only extends down to 700 ft. Below that I am in Class G. You may want to check the sectional chart because I am sure you are in G where you are as well. DJI had an issue with their database though as it always warns me that I am near a class C but that isn't the case at all. It is really weird though because if I launch in my front yard I don't get any warnings but if I launch in my back yard I get the popup with the check boxes.
I have five acres and there are two spots on my property that I get warnings from; move ten feet in any direction and they go away.

I have five acres and there are two spots on my property that I get warnings from; move ten feet in any direction and they go away.
Last night after the .800 update I got one as soon as I took off that said my RTH path was going to take me through Class C airspace. Crazy though because the closest class C is about 30 miles away from me.

I'm in a similar boat. I live near, but outside the class D airspace of a regional airport. The rest of my city is below class E airspace with a floor of 700' AGL. Meaning the surface to 700' AGL is unrestricted class G. Just about anywhere I fly (in class G) under the class E airspace, DJI gives me a warning that I'm flying in class D and has me click the approval checkbox.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi