DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If it’s a will just Photoshop it

Nice! Careful, your gunna start another "drones and airplanes" debacles!

Reactions: Slim.slamma
You better hope @sar104 doesnt find this thread and start doing calculations and slide rule stuff that might get you into trouble!

I was at the beach the other day and a chopper caught me by surprise and flew right past my drone. I have no idea why it was flying so low, I nearly had a heart attack.

Nice Photoshop skills by the way Slamma.

The shadow makes it an obvious giveaway with the lines in it. Also the tip of the nose on the plane is missing. Had it not had the shadow, ag a quick glance it would have looked real.
Yeah I n red to get the lines out on the original first, then blend it again
I definitely chopped the nose a bit

Practice
We talking about practice :p

Reactions: angell
I was at the beach the other day and a chopper caught me by surprise and flew right past my drone. I have no idea why it was flying so low, I nearly had a heart attack.

Nice Photoshop skills by the way Slamma.
It seems that chopper pilots are not smart or just have poor vision or something I havent quite put my finger on.
Earlier there was a thread that said a search and rescue Helo pilot had to fly well below 500 feet and possibly need thermal imaging to see a person on the ground, but a fixed wing pilot can see a white phantom drone at 3200 feet with a seagull circling around it like a mile away against a cloud and blue sky background. all this while cruising around 200mph

Then we also have one of the only known drone / aircraft collisions that happened when a drone got hit by a helicopter flying below 500 feet over some populated tourist type area.

The FAA lets helicopters fly below the 500' minimum legal aircraft altitude rule willy nilly (its actually 1000' minimum over a populated area) and they dont really need to have a reason to do it...
Maybe its because the fixed wing guys are too scared to have the vision impaired? Helo pilots being in their airspace above 500' so the FAA lets them encroach on the drone airspace below 400' so they dont have to deal with the holier than thou whimpering fixed wing guys?
On the bright side, if anything bad happens, they can blame the drone pilots.

(mostly sarcasm of course, but some of the statements were collected from comments made by others on this very forum)

OH. I almost forgot about the helicopter flying over the tailgaters at a college football game. Happy Valley maybe? He was WELL under 100 feet over a crowd, blowing their tents and potato chips all over the place. He is lucky he didnt crash into a Mavic or Phantom. because he would be paying for those damaged drones.

Yeah I n red to get the lines out on the original first, then blend it again
I definitely chopped the nose a bit

Practice
We talking about practice :p

Your skills are still far better than mine. Maybe reduce the opacity on the shadow too?

ac0j - It it came from behind me upwind and I heard it literally as it passed me. I panicked and tried to go down then realised it was probably lower than drone and just let off the controls because I turned round to look at the chopper coming I lost sight of the drone. As soon as the chopper passed I saw it again, it must have been within 50m of the chopper.

I was at 100m above the headland I was standing on which was around 30m high, so circa 130m AGL. I reckon the chopper was 100m AGL as it passed. Pretty scary.

Sorry for the hijack Slamma.

Have a go on the 'Refine edge' section of the selection commands in PS, which will let you smooth out those jaggies on the plane cut-out (though you would have to cut it out again)...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki