DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Installed new update now gimbal doesn't work

New update has interfered with gimbal somehow

• Total voters

Whyudie

Reactions
Install new update now gimbal doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem? I tried to calibrate but I get stuck at like 71%

So strange, I checked the gimball, there's no broken part, damaged wire. What could have happened? How can I physically tell if there is a misalignment?

Nothing huge, just sometimes when the Mavic powers up, the gimbal slooowly tilts 45 degrees clockwise after calibration, then slooooooooowly tilts back to level. There might be a reason for it, maybe to do with gimbal leveling or initialization or something. Wish I knew.

The good news is, it seems fixable by either waiting or leveling the gimbal manually by holding one of the C buttons and using the right wheel.

Can you explain what you mean by "the gimbal doesnt work?" You said it doesnt calibrate, but does it move at all?
The best way to describe it is it's loose and I get the error check to make sure clamp removed from gimbal.

You said it gets to 71%. Does it move around until it gets to 71%. A youtube video would be helpful.

You said you are getting a "remove gimbal clamp" message. Are you getting any gimbal overload message?

You said it gets to 71%. Does it move around until it gets to 71%. A youtube video would be helpful.

You said you are getting a "remove gimbal clamp" message. Are you getting any gimbal overload message?
Sorry yes it also says gimbal overload. I'll post a video later when I get home. Interestingly enough, I was able to fix it once by gently pushing it down during the gimbal auto calibration. However, when I turned it on again this morning I had the same problem.

Is it under little L barley behind camera

I updated to the latest firmware ending in .700 had multiple attemps on my iphone 6s+
And ipad pro gets to 92% then tells me firmware upload unsuccessful please try again. Learnt to Try it on my imac with DJI assistant 2 program still took several attempts to get a successful upload. Had to disconnect and reconnect mavic after a failed upload then it gave into my persistance and i got 100% succesfull upload. I signed in to my existing account as thats what the warning in the dji go4 app has been warning.
NOW. The gimabal doesnt respond, My camera stream is black and hieghts restrictions are ON. The gimbal calibration doesnt move either nothing from the camera Soo frustrating!!! Ive emailed DJI with my rant awaiting response.
Im in AUSTRALIA and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues??
Have they completed the download with any limitations like mine??

tekno, i dont know if this will help you or not but im in Oz aswell and i was also having issues with the dji app on my iphone 6. i first had issues updating it and then when it did update, it wouldnt connect to the mavic and then when it finally did connect it was giving me all sorts of error messages from the compass to the IMU etc.

i just deleted the app, restarted my iphone and then reinstalled it fresh and it works fine. hope this helps.

I was using dji go on iPad now it wants me to load dji go 4 but says not compatible??

I was using dji go on iPad now it wants me to load dji go 4 but says not compatible?? Any answers. I'm baffled

Probably doesn't help either TECHNO but after I updated DJI GO a couple of days ago on my iPhone 6+ (plus signed in again to my DJI account), I couldn't open the DJI Go app. It would open to the "DJI create" screen but wouldn't go any further.
I turned off my phone and turned it back on and everything is ok now - Although I've noticed it is a bit slower opening since the update.
In Australia too

Sorry yes it also says gimbal overload. I'll post a video later when I get home. Interestingly enough, I was able to fix it once by gently pushing it down during the gimbal auto calibration. However, when I turned it on again this morning I had the same problem.

It sounds like if you can't get the troubleshooting tips from here to work, you're going to have to send it in.
I had the same issues after updating.
Put some time aside and get on the DJI chat support, if they can't correct the issue for you, they'll open a repair ticket for you. Its covered on their warranty, but you'll be outta the air for quite some time.
Best of luck to ya mate.

Cheers
Johnny

Reactions: TEKNO
Please make sure the gimbal is sitting properly. Sitting on its back the rear of the gimbal plate should be above the tab in the back and the two front feet of the plate should be below the body of the Mavic.

Sounds to me like your gimbal is pushed out of its limiting tabs

Ok sorry for no update. So i had no luck fixing the mavic on my own with updates or anytning. So i had it sent back to dji (melbourne) and after a week they emailed me that the gimbal had magically broke when i updated it so i said no way as it was perfectly fine before i updated it. So they excepted that and sent back A mavic pro. I highlight (A) becuase it was not my original mavic as it lost a mark on the gold paint that i made. The serial number had a changed and yes the unit had been appart like it was a refurbished unit. At first i was dissapointed about that fact but to this day all updates have been good no problems. Gimbal works, camera has lost issues it had. Recently upgraded the props to the new wider and quieter ones and there ok. Still hear it the same maybe a 5% increase in less noise. But totally look better :) i have a feeling i had a dud unit from the start the camera on had slight issues with lines in the footage, focus issues every 2nd flight, and a dust spot in the lens all out of the box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661