DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ios or android? As a designated screen

RallySoob

Reactions
Im going to be on pre-order waiting list for a while so in the meantime I am buying up all the accessories i'll need to be ready in full come go time.

Question, should i use an ios or android phone/tablet? Regarding the cost of apps and compatibility issues etc that you may have learned from your experience owning the Mavic Pro.

Right now i have an iphone 6S+ as my only phone/app device and do not want to buy the apps for it if I end up changing to something else later so may e i should just buy a tablet just for my mavic u tell me

should i use an ios or android phone/tablet?
Here are some things to consider:

1) Which operating system do you prefer?
2) Do you have a strict budget? Apple devices cost more.
3) Are you going to be running any 3rd party apps? Some 3rd party apps are only available for iOS or Android.
4) Do you want something that runs right out of the box? Apple devices work well for most people.
5) If you decide to go with an Android device, don't buy the cheapest device you can find. Go with a recommended device on this list or one of the devices from that list that is not on the bottom spec-wise.

I was going to use my s7 edge with my mavic but it's useless with any DJI drone I've tried it with. Constantly crashing (the phone that is) so I'm going to use a spare ipad and iPhone dispute already having litchi on android grrr

I use a Samsung S7 it works perfectly and they can be found on craigslist cheap enough

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Make sure the device has a dedicated GPS chip.
It doesn't need cell-data for the GPS to work (cell data speeds up the acquisition).
Avoid the wifi only ipads. They do NOT have dedicated GPS chips.
Try and find a GPS and Glonass device. This will increase accuracy for the follow me or if you need to change the RTH point to your device.

I hope mine does... today with a phantom 4 it's just constantly restating

Which go app are you using? There is Go 3 and Go 4.
I'm using GO 4 and its working fine on my S7 EDGE.

I have used both Go 3 and 4 without issue. I read to make sure fast charging is off. I also turn off wi-fi.

Both and litchi.. it seems to crash after take off
I had this issue before. I updated my S7 Edge firmware and it worked fine.

Here are some things to consider:

1) Which operating system do you prefer?
2) Do you have a strict budget? Apple devices cost more.
3) Are you going to be running any 3rd party apps? Some 3rd party apps are only available for iOS or Android.
4) Do you want something that runs right out of the box? Apple devices work well for most people.
5) If you decide to go with an Android device, don't buy the cheapest device you can find. Go with a recommended device on this list or one of the devices from that list that is not on the bottom spec-wise.
I HOPE THAT INCLUDES THE galaxy S7[NOT CURRENTLY ON LIST]

So as far as operating systems there is no benefit to one or the other? I thought apps were free on androids no? Cuz on ios i have to buy the apps accept dji go ofcourse.

Anyway, money factor aside; i want to know which is Best and for what reason

From my research so far I found the iNvidia SHIELD K1 tablet is a good one to use because it has an hdmi port to allow using FatShark and simular fpv Goggles with dji software (no lichi needed) which is a huge benefit! But if ios products dont crash and android do then i rather skip it...

Reactions: charlestwesco
I actually have an ipad3 mini im not using anymore, and can get a spare iphone 6s+ for free.. but that shield tablet seems really cool to have itself aside from the mavics uses

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0. Since it is a 7 inch tablet it fits in the controller landscape style perfectly, I then bought a set of right angle microUSB to standard USB cables so that I can connect the tablet without a bunch of cable in the way. Below is a pick of my controller setup...

MavicController_front.jpg
MavicController_back.jpg

Make sure the device has a dedicated GPS chip.
It doesn't need cell-data for the GPS to work (cell data speeds up the acquisition).
Avoid the wifi only ipads. They do NOT have dedicated GPS chips.
Try and find a GPS and Glonass device. This will increase accuracy for the follow me or if you need to change the RTH point to your device.

Does the Ipad Mini 4 with WiGi + 4G have a dedicated GPS chip? If not, what devices do you recommend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic