DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's all good!

WEOTN

Reactions
Just checking in to see chat about the new Mini. The charging 'bell' instantly caught my attention, a small hand vacuum pump might cheat the altitude limits, or are there any?

With it being outside FAA limits, perhaps it's not fly zone regulated? Well, time to research what others may think and hopefully know here about it.

Still loving my Mavic Pro, but very tempted by the Mini!

Just checking in to see chat about the new Mini. The charging 'bell' instantly caught my attention, a small hand vacuum pump might cheat the altitude limits, or are there any?

With it being outside FAA limits, perhaps it's not fly zone regulated? Well, time to research what others may think and hopefully know here about it.

Still loving my Mavic Pro, but very tempted by the Mini!
The Mavic Mini is not "outside FAA limits". You do not need to register it, but other than that you must still follow all rules and regulations.

Also have no idea what you're talking about with altitude limits and a vacuum pump.

Just curious about what what FAA limits you are referring to? You still must adhere to all the FAA rules for drones except as recreational it does not have to be registered. Part 107, 100% by the book! Pump???

The Mavic Mini is not "outside FAA limits". You do not need to register it, but other than that you must still follow all rules and regulations.

Also have no idea what you're talking about with altitude limits and a vacuum pump.

When the MP was new, and folks didn't like the 400' altitude limit (USA), they would rig boxes to draw partial vacuum on startup of the MP to trick it into thinking it was launching at a higher altitude, so they could fly it higher...

Back in school the physics lab had a bell jar on a vacuum platform to demonstrate "boiling" water at room temperature. It was shaped like the Mini's bell jar. The first glance at the mini's bell jar, my brain put the two points together. Thought it might do the same for others here.

When the MP was new, and folks didn't like the 400' altitude limit (USA), they would rig boxes to draw partial vacuum on startup of the MP to trick it into thinking it was launching at a higher altitude, so they could fly it higher...

Back in school the physics lab had a bell jar on a vacuum platform to demonstrate "boiling" water at room temperature. It was shaped like the Mini's bell jar. The first glance at the mini's bell jar, my brain put the two points together. Thought it might do the same for others here.
First of all, we as a community should not be breaking the FAA regulations whether we like them or agree with them or not. It's about public safety.

Second, there's no need at all for any vacuum trick. There is no hard limit for the Mavic or any DJI drone at 400 feet of altitude. The maximum altitude you wish to limit your own drone to is set in the DJI Go app (up to a hard limit of 500 meters).

First of all, we as a community should not be breaking the FAA regulations whether we like them or agree with them or not. It's about public safety.

Second, there's no need at all for any vacuum trick. There is no hard limit for the Mavic or any DJI drone at 400 feet of altitude. The maximum altitude you wish to limit your own drone to is set in the DJI Go app (up to a hard limit of 500 meters).

I may be wrong, but thought i read that there is indeed a default altitude limit on the mini of 400ft AGL. Does anyone have more info?

It used to be an issue. If you wanted to fly above a building or mountain and you launched from below... no one but you is talking about breaking regs. It used to be an issue when MP was new and firmware was old...

no one but you is talking about breaking regs.

Um, your entire first post was pretty much about breaking regulations. If you are trying to find a way to "cheat the altitude limits" then you are looking to break the regulations.

Yes you can fly above a building but that was not the stated intent in your message. Just clarifying.

When the MP was new, and folks didn't like the 400' altitude limit (USA),

With it being outside FAA limits, perhaps it's not fly zone regulated?

Ok guys let’s not resort to name calling. Be civil.
Just deleted 2 post and will close this if it continues.
Thank You.

Ok guys let’s not resort to name calling. Be civil.
Just deleted 2 post and will close this if it continues.
Thank You.
Thank you for keeping on top of everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661