DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's my turn, disconnect and lost :Edit Mark another up for pilot stupidity

If I had the extra money I'd love too. Currently, my extra money is split between repairing the Mavic and getting new mountain biking gear. Som day though, it would be nice...

I definitely spend more on mountain bikes than on UAVs.

Reactions: rfc and MavicCF
Do you do lots of biking? My favorite activity for sure! Ever gone to Phil's World when you were over by Cortez's?

Yes - I try to get out at least a couple of times per week. We are lucky to have a lot of high-quality technical riding around here. I've heard a lot about Phil's World but I haven't ridden it - was thinking of tacking it onto a Moab trip in October, since it is directly en route.

Reactions: MavicCF
Yes - I try to get out at least a couple of times per week. We are lucky to have a lot of high-quality technical riding around here. I've heard a lot about Phil's World but I haven't ridden it - was thinking of tacking it onto a Moab trip in October, since it is directly en route.
Durango has some amazing biking around it, you probably haven't heard of it, but if you google the Durango DEVO team you'll probably find some of the cool stuff we get to do around here. I just joined the team this year and they are truly amazing, just starting to catch up a little;).
October is definetly the time for Moab, we were thinking of going there this next week, but it's already too hot.

Durango has some amazing biking around it, you probably haven't heard of it, but if you google the Durango DEVO team you'll probably find some of the cool stuff we get to do around here. I just joined the team this year and they are truly amazing, just starting to catch up a little;).
October is definetly the time for Moab, we were thinking of going there this next week, but it's already too hot.

I've ridden Hermosa Creek a few times, but that's it around Durango. DEVO looks like a great organization.

It's certainly a bit late for Moab unless you stick to the La Sals, and that rules out most of the fun trails.

Essentially the tracker can cause magnetic interference because it is mounted so near the compass, if you calibrate with it in place, you are telling the compass to disregard any distortion caused by it.
Thanks Mavic CF and drone user, I presently have it Velcrode to the front top over the gimbal. I think I’ll move it back to the center top of the battery. Do you think that will let me calibrate before flight?

Thanks Mavic CF and drone user, I presently have it Velcrode to the front top over the gimbal. I think I’ll move it back to the center top of the battery. Do you think that will let me calibrate before flight?
I'd give it a shot for sure. If your still having problems, you might try one of these out.

What kind of error are you getting when you try to calibrate your compass with it on?

Glad your Mavic found itself back in your hands.

Just so you know, you can get Mavic arms and a few other parts for Banggood. That said, I'm not sure how to calibrate the motor/Esc's.

Glad your Mavic found itself back in your hands.

Just so you know, you can get Mavic arms and a few other parts for Banggood. That said, I'm not sure how to calibrate the motor/Esc's.
Thanks, I was originally going to get one from Thunderdrones, but decided in the end to just send it to him.

Essentially the tracker can cause magnetic interference because it is mounted so near the compass, if you calibrate with it in place, you are telling the compass to disregard any distortion caused by it.

Success! I moved my gizmo tracker from directly above the Gimble back to the top of the battery. No more interference! Now I can initialize the compass and fly with my tracker! Thanks Guys!!!

Success! I moved my gizmo tracker from directly above the Gimble back to the top of the battery. No more interference! Now I can initialize the compass and fly with my tracker! Thanks Guys!!!
Nice! Glad you got it working!

Oh my... what an amazing thread, glad you found your MP though ! Some really cool informations too ! Just a noob question, where do you find the drone’s logs ? And how did you get those 3D shots with the line of the MP before crashing ?

Oh my... what an amazing thread, glad you found your MP though ! Some really cool informations too ! Just a noob question, where do you find the drone’s logs ? And how did you get those 3D shots with the line of the MP before crashing ?
The txt. logs I posted are stored on the phone/tablet you use to fly. There are also more detailed DAT logs stored on the phone and the AC.
Anyway, if you upload the txt. logs to this site, you can view the 3D flight map as well as lots of other flight details. You can than export the KML file from that site and import it into Google Earth for more detailed work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman