DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK Orders

Jessops on the phone today said it's very unlikely I will get it for Christmas :( was told new date is after 17th January. said they were still trying to clear orders from the beginning of October. So That's over a 3 month wait for me then, a quarter of a year for delivery......

I don't even want the **** thing anymore. Got such a negative experience trying to get it.

Ordered 8th Oct.

I ordered on the 9th of October. So I'll be in the same boat as you!!
3 month wait for something is crazy!!
I'm not sure I want mine anymore!!
What that actual ****

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Merry f'ing Christmas dji! Thanks a bunch for sorting every other continent but good ol'britain you useless b*stards
Alot of americans are now picking up their second mavics now with some stores having maximum two days delivery. what a joke. UK got shafted. But a big Fuckyou to Jessops as well who have completly failed in communicating with their customers and havent offered compensation.

Ahh. I've just been off the phone to the head office and apparently my order is showing as shipped to store but the store on the 12th but after speaking to the store, the are saying they haven't received anything yet. These people really know how to mess with my mind...

Reactions: thefrisbee995
Ahh. I've just been off the phone to the head office and apparently my order is showing as shipped to store but the store on the 12th but after speaking to the store, the are saying they haven't received anything yet. These people really know how to mess with my mind...

Sounds like arse, elbow identification issues....

I ordered 17th October the Mavic only and still nothing from Jessops. Their email about getting our orders before Christmas is a joke!

On a Facebook thread a company called Carolina Dronz had to tell it's customers that they shouldn't expect delivery till end of January at earliest. They got told by dji that they are still having production problems and cant meet the orders.

I think it's about time Jessops has sent us a follow up email and stop telling us we will get the Mavic for Christmas because at this stage that's a lie.

This was the message that Carolina Dronz sent it's customers:

To Our Valued Customers,

With Christmas fast approaching, we at Carolina Dronz know that all of our Mavic Pro pre-order customers are hungry for updates on their order status.

We have received an update from DJI regarding our Mavic Pro order. Unfortunately, this update does not provide us with good news. In keeping
with our policy to always be honest with you, we feel it is extremely important
to relay what we have been told.

Our shipment of Mavic Pro units has again been delayed. This time, we are being told that DJI is still not at full production and cannot fulfill all of the orders they have received as they initially expected. Our order will not likely ship until late January at the earliest.

This situation puts us in the worst possible position as a retailer. We are still at the mercy of the manufacturer, DJI in this case. We cannot apologize enough for this, and all of the previous delays. Thus far, you have all been very patient and we appreciate that. However, this delay will likely stretch patience to the point of breaking, which we fully understand. We would encourage you to bear with us during this very trying time if you can.

While there is no real substitute for the Mavic Pro, we can't send out an email with nothing but bad news. With that in mind, any of you who have pre-ordered the Mavic Pro and no longer wish to wait, we will give you a $100 discount on your choice of the following units if you decide to switch:

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced
DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Autel X-Star Premium
Autel X-Star Standard
Yuneec Typhoon H

We also want to extend a 50% discount on our two exclusive Mavic cases to those who wish to hold out for the Mavic Pro shipment.

Again, we know how disappointing this news is for everyone. We hope that our offer above will show you that, while this situation is out of our control, we care about our customers and ultimately want you all of be happy with our service. We are terribly sorry for this inconvenience. Thank you all for your continued patience and support

On a Facebook thread a company called Carolina Dronz had to tell it's customers that they shouldn't expect delivery till end of January at earliest. They got told by dji that they are still having production problems and cant meet the orders.

I think it's about time Jessops has sent us a follow up email and stop telling us we will get the Mavic for Christmas because at this stage that's a lie.

This was the message that Carolina Dronz sent it's customers:

To Our Valued Customers,

With Christmas fast approaching, we at Carolina Dronz know that all of our Mavic Pro pre-order customers are hungry for updates on their order status.

We have received an update from DJI regarding our Mavic Pro order. Unfortunately, this update does not provide us with good news. In keeping
with our policy to always be honest with you, we feel it is extremely important
to relay what we have been told.

Our shipment of Mavic Pro units has again been delayed. This time, we are being told that DJI is still not at full production and cannot fulfill all of the orders they have received as they initially expected. Our order will not likely ship until late January at the earliest.

This situation puts us in the worst possible position as a retailer. We are still at the mercy of the manufacturer, DJI in this case. We cannot apologize enough for this, and all of the previous delays. Thus far, you have all been very patient and we appreciate that. However, this delay will likely stretch patience to the point of breaking, which we fully understand. We would encourage you to bear with us during this very trying time if you can.

While there is no real substitute for the Mavic Pro, we can't send out an email with nothing but bad news. With that in mind, any of you who have pre-ordered the Mavic Pro and no longer wish to wait, we will give you a $100 discount on your choice of the following units if you decide to switch:

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced
DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Autel X-Star Premium
Autel X-Star Standard
Yuneec Typhoon H

We also want to extend a 50% discount on our two exclusive Mavic cases to those who wish to hold out for the Mavic Pro shipment.

Again, we know how disappointing this news is for everyone. We hope that our offer above will show you that, while this situation is out of our control, we care about our customers and ultimately want you all of be happy with our service. We are terribly sorry for this inconvenience. Thank you all for your continued patience and support
Now that is proper customer service! Fair play and if I were their customer I would hold on.

EVERYONE COPY AND PAST THAT EMAIL TO JESSOPS! Perhaps a little follow on message too - 'you could learn from this company'

Reactions: Jonnymcjonface
Jessops comms have been poor of late (from what I have read) but I think that if drones were the only part of their business things would be very different as that would be the customer base they rely on to support them. In reality though it is only a small part of Jessops hence the cavalier attitude towards it all. Still not excuse though of course.

Reactions: Jonnymcjonface
Just received this five minutes ago.

da92365e2d6761324e50d471f0869981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm so glad I cancelled my order and got a P4 pro instead. Got to fly and film with both yesterday and I'm sorry guys the P4 Pro won hands down!

I'm so glad I cancelled my order and got a P4 pro instead. Got to fly and film with both yesterday and I'm sorry guys the P4 Pro won hands down!
Without a shadow of a doubt the P4P has a better camera, better OA, better Flight modes but it is the size/form factor of the Mavic that is its strongest point. This is obviously not a problem if you driving or do not mind carrying a larger box around but does become apparent when you pop out for bit or go on holiday, you can simply take the Mavic anywhere. In my view they are simply two different products (of course they are lol) with two different 'uses' as such. Ideally, if you can afford it get both (or the Mavic and I2) :)

I ordered the P4pro today. I will see which arrives first and cancel the other. Also why the utter **** does maplin have Mavics in store to walk in and buy and jessops can't even sort there pre orders for two months ago?

I ordered on the 4th October. Realistically, there is NO WAY I will be getting it this year. I am sick of waiting and being strung along by Jessops and DJI. Looks like Jessops have missed out on my order now and I will be ditching DJI as soon as I can find a better alternative.

I've actually decided to cancel as well. **** this for a carry on. I ordered the P4pro and will wait to see what availability for the Mavic in the spring. I really wanted the Mavic for Christmas and that just isn't going to happen.

Hopefully me cancelling will mean you guys can get you're Mavic that little bit faster.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom