DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light room

Andart

Reactions
Is there any known problems with uploading mavic raw photos into light room , do I need a converter .
All help appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

They import just fine.

No camera profile ready as yet though, but I am sure it won't be long.

I put sd card in computer then open light room and import from sd card , check all then import . I get message ""the following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder is not writeable ""
Then I have list of all photos listed as
DJI_0001.DNG

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

What version of Lightroom are you using and are you on OSX/Mac or Windows?

One thing to remember that wasn't mentioned. Lightroom (namely Adobe) can be slow to update the lens correction profiles. In this case, don't panic, just use a DJI for the P4 and you should be okay.

There is another topic here (Photo center off color) addressing a problem with the Mavic DNG profile that shows a circular color cast in the center of most images.

You can correct it using a circular gradient, like the one shown there, but I hope DJI fixes it in a next firmware update.

I also use the Phantom 4 profile, but reduce the distortion, as the Mavic camera, with its higher field of view, shows almost none.

Reactions: deltalimatango
Camera profile is already built in and automatically applied to RAW pics.

Camera profile in terms of lens correction and the like, are you saying that is built in, that is now exactly a RAW file.

One thing to remember that wasn't mentioned. Lightroom (namely Adobe) can be slow to update the lens correction profiles. In this case, don't panic, just use a DJI for the P4 and you should be okay.

hmm, the P4 and Mavic have very different lens and field of view. I doubt your suggestion would work.

Camera profile in terms of lens correction and the like, are you saying that is built in, that is now exactly a RAW file.
It's not a baked-in correction, but modern RAW files include both the RAW data and a matching manufacturer-suggested correction profile that the processing software (and user) may or may not choose to use.

Reactions: Jeromeo
It's not a baked-in correction, but modern RAW files include both the RAW data and a matching manufacturer-suggested correction profile that the processing software (and user) may or may not choose to use.
Can you site your resources? Wiki seems to disagree.

Raw image format - Wikipedia

What I believe you're referring to is the ability to shoot in both RAW and JPG at the same time. In that case, the RAW file is just that...raw, and the JPG is processed within the device, where lens correction, color profile, compression, etc. is all done for you.

Reactions: deltalimatango
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78