DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longest Distance Yet Seen.

I was wondering if I had a US FA drone if it would work say in Europe to a better signal and distance?
Anyone know? I assume it would know its in Europe and change...unless used fake gps ap
Exactly, without a mod etc., you get a lower signal output in Europe based on your location.

I really hope this is just a firmware update from matching the regular RC. Granted, maybe that's the compromise with using the new RC-PRO.

I was wondering if I had a US FA drone if it would work say in Europe to a better signal and distance?
Anyone know? I assume it would know its in Europe and change...unless used fake gps ap
I believe DJI stopped producing different drones a while ago and that all current models simply use GPS to determine its location and therefore signal output strength.
Very difficult to fake the GPS signal as it is an important requirement for flight.

Remember its not a US v Europe thing.

The US/FCC is actually an outlier in the power allowances. Most of the world uses lower powers so its really "FCC vs Everywhere else".

No reason to produce a hardware locked drone - this is all software defined radio stuff. Earlier models it was the controller location so could be spoofed with fakegps. These days its on the drone itself.

Here is another video showing examples of range with the RC controller and Mini 3 Pro, I've cued it up to the proper place but the entire video is worth a watch about the RC controller. The news is not good so far...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark