DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost drone any ideas of Serial # Model # Password?

Alaskawilder

Reactions
So I lost my drone a few months ago, through a Facebook Group a hiker said they have located a drone near where I crashed it. It could be a possible match, in contact with the person right now, however I recycled the box. Should of saved it but I move so much I got rid of it.

No need to hound me on tossing the box. I did purchase the Mavic Platinum online through DJI. I've logged in and can see my Order # and my purchase. I'm sure I could call them and they could locate the serial number?

I can't find online the Model # of a Platinum Mavic, I'm sure someone has this?

Password is different per drone?

Obviously serial number is different per drone, is the only option is to call DJI and get this info?

Thanks in advance for your help! Hopefully it's mine!

Don’t have mine here with me at the moment. Here’s a pic of the mp that I have here.890D0278-427D-4ACF-9266-D6E8014AFE2B.jpeg

So I lost my drone a few months ago, through a Facebook Group a hiker said they have located a drone near where I crashed it. It could be a possible match, in contact with the person right now,
Meet up with a freshly charged battery.
If the mavic connects with your controller it's yours.
If it doesn't, it's not.

If you didn't care enough to mark your drone, it looks like you really didn't want it back.

Reactions: tleedom
Meet up with a freshly charged battery.
If the mavic connects with your controller it's yours.
If it doesn't, it's not.

If you didn't care enough to mark your drone, it looks like you really didn't want it back.
Is that necessary? Don't be a troll. I live in Alaska people live pretty far apart, this person lives 4 hours from me. Just trying to get a little help. Thats what this forum is for, right?

Reactions: Slade
I'll bite, only the facts sir :D
Your SN can be found on the flight logs. I think sar104 has found it for you, based on your other post.
The the finder to check the number with what's on the drone he found.

Correct - the OP posted the flight log for the lost aircraft back in March. I pulled the serial number from the log.

Copy. Appreciate the comment, your Mavic is platinum right? Doesn't seem like the model number posted above is in the actual tray.
The picture is of a Mavic Pro.
I don’t have my platinum here with me at this time.

Is that necessary? Don't be a troll. I live in Alaska people live pretty far apart, this person lives 4 hours from me. Just trying to get a little help. Thats what this forum is for, right?
Right.
Too bad when you don't appreciate it when others give you help.
I went to the trouble of typing my first three lines for the purpose of helping you with an alternative method of identifying your aircraft.
The final line was for you (if you care to pay attention) or for anyone else to think about for their own drone.
If you couldn't be bothered marking it, you don't show much care about getting it back.

Reactions: tleedom
Took me a couple of seconds to figure out how you got the SN number. With the news abt China spying on everyone, I thought you might have a back door to their/DJI's servers. :eek:
LOL
Comes from the land of OZ.
His real name is mr. wizard (in my book)

Reactions: Alaskawilder
Took me a couple of seconds to figure out how you got the SN number. With the news abt China spying on everyone, I thought you might have a back door to their/DJI's servers. :eek:
LOL

Maybe I do.... I see that the DJI spying speculation is ramping up again based on a blanket warning by DHS. It never ceases to surprise me how these people happily use all kinds of smart devices, including smartphones made in China and Korea which have far more opportunity to be harvesting sensitive information, and yet will fret endlessly about their flight logs falling into the wrong hands - as if that might somehow compromise national or personal security.

Maybe I do.... I see that the DJI spying speculation is ramping up again based on a blanket warning by DHS. It never ceases to surprise me how these people happily use all kinds of smart devices, including smartphones made in China and Korea which have far more opportunity to be harvesting sensitive information, and yet will fret endlessly about their flight logs falling into the wrong hands - as if that might somehow compromise national or personal security.
Yes. A lot of people seem to be only capable of dealing with small bits of information at a time, believe what the media tells them to believe, and incapable of seeing the bigger picture.
We just had a our election here in OZ, and oh boy, don't get me started on the stuff the supporters of the losing party are spewing.

Reactions: AnzacJack
You could post them a fresh charged battery and your controller and see if it will spool up?

Is everyone who tries to help you a troll when you don't like the answer?

Your SN can be found on the flight logs. I think sar104 has found it for you, based on your other post.
The the finder to check the number with what's on the drone he found.
Your aircraft S/N is 08RDEAGP0102A7.
Thanks for the SN! Thanks for the help guys! I contacted the party that found the drone with the Serial # and it was a match! That location is only used by a handful of backcountry skiers, "less than 20 a year." If you look at the flight log I was given some coordinates, it was actually not too far off, when I asked the party where they located it. I went back and looked a few days after the crash, we had fresh snow and it's about 10 mile climb, with it being dark a lot that time of year you don't have much time for a search.

The drone spent 2 months in the snow, the party says it looks good and nothing is broken. We will see later in the week if it actually works. Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: RayOZ

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman