DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic :-( .....NOW FOUND! :-)

you try to put it into Sport mode to bring it back, when you say it turned and just sat there in RTH was that facing the sun ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My questions now that MSINGER has addressed the most important issue which is... where you will find your MP is, why did you put it up that high? I'm not asking to be the altitude police, there is more than enough of them here, I'm asking trying to determine if you did it as a method of recovery? At that altitude I'm almost certain the Mavic didn't make it back because it was too windy. I have flown at ground levels of 8mph only to find the wind gusting at 24 at 300 feet. Did you have obstacle avoidance on? That also limits the angle the MP can fly thereby making it tougher to fight the wind. Im thinking a better strategy would have been to immediately drop altitude and disengage the obstacle avoidance (OA) system. In a pinch engage sport mode which turns off OA and allows you to fly at the maximum angle.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm not being funny but why were you at over 300 meters altitude, that's over double the uk legal and winds can be vastly different at that height.

Also did you try to put it into Sport mode to bring it back, when you say it turned and just sat there in RTH was that facing the sun ?

I hope you find it but you needed to loose height drastically to get out that wind, I had a P3 before I nearly lost and was RTH at 120m and it could not do anymore than 2ms in the wind, it was a decent distance out over land with and it would not have made it back, I dropped to 40m altitude and it got up to 14ms so it shows the difference.

Can you post a video playback of the flight log for us to see with the sticks over laid.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

There's no excuse for flying that high I was still testing out what the drone could do and all I was looking at was the amazing image of the landscape and horizon on the display, then I thought wow I wonder if I can see my house so panned around a bit... so yes I was being and idiot which I'm now paying the price for and have learned a harsh lesson.

I wish I had read up on here for all the useful info, I didn't know turning on sport mode may help and was panicking too much to realise I needed to drop altitude, I lowered it a bit but thought that I can't see it so I don't want it to come down and hit trees or buildings...

What is the file extension for the video playback on the log I will try and post it if I can work out how

Reactions: Mister Pink
What is the file extension for the video playback on the log I will try and post it if I can work out how
There is no video inside of your flight log. If you had the "General Settings" --> "Cache during video shooting" setting enabled in DJI GO, you'll find a copy of the video on your mobile device.

Reactions: Mr Spock
WOW! Well done, great news.. Was it anywhere near where msinger said it might be? Any damage?

I'm just drying it out with some tissue, NO damage it must have self landed, the video should have still been recording so I will get all of it on a link soon as i can..

Ive just had the worst day of my life followed by the very best moment of my life and I owe my friend a lot of beer, he wouldn't accept money!

Reactions: Mr Spock
Where did you find it?

Was it close to my yellow circle?

Reactions: Mister Pink
Awwww yeah... Told you Msinger is the man.

So maybe when it came down a little it was able to fight the wind a little which brought it closer to home.. you lucky SOB!

Doesn't look damaged.. did it have any war scars?

It'll be interesting to see that video. Here's to hoping it recorded until it landed.

Soooo happy right now thanks for the help I don't think I would have had the motivation unless Msinger had circled that area to search in..
Just copying the video files off the SD, one of them has a date stamp of 01/01/2014 00:00 which must be the last recording, but it is almost 4gig in size so hopefully it wont be corrupted

The video auto splits into 4GB chunks.

Reactions: Loz
I would really like to see that video as well. I'm curious, there is more flight data on the MP correct?

And as much as people, including me, said you should have disabled the sensors to get it back. I'm guessing not doing that also probably contributed to the safe landing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa