DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic :-( .....NOW FOUND! :-)

This is a P4 video, but the process is the same for retrieving DAT flight logs from a Mavic:

Ok how can I post the flight data? I will do as it says in the video, I'm also going to try to show you the rest of the footage that for some reason won't upload to youtube. Will probabl have to just record my screen with my graphics card

You can upload the DAT file to a file sharing site like dropbox.com.

Reactions: Loz
It didn't seem to be blown away by the wind. It took me a minute to actually realize that the the video was rolling. There was no movement on the video it was rock solid.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

This is what I thought when I was trying to RTH, it did not look like it was being blown about, however the gimbal video is very stable so it may have been a illusion of "calm" flying.

Reactions: taptofocus
Is it possible to post up the flight course like i can see in the logs?
I don't know of any online log viewers that can read DAT flight logs.

The final footage of the landing is currently uploading to YouTube, you can see how lucky I was now at the end! The footage I have speeded up as for some reason the MP recorded it in slo motion or so it seems, maybe something to do with outputting on MP4 format and not .MOV or RAW

Just to prove we all make mistakes take a look at this if you have 5 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wow that was a lucky escape, battery was very low but at least you knew what was going to happen when it reached 10% and made sure you were over the land!

Something which I haven't mentioned yet as I would (and now do) feel like a tool also, was that my iPhone battery went dead during the RTH period...I ran to the car to try and charge it which then made the controller lose signal - I don't think this would have changed the outcome however as it still was having problems RTH any way

The final footage of the landing is currently uploading to YouTube, you can see how lucky I was now at the end! The footage I have speeded up as for some reason the MP recorded it in slo motion or so it seems, maybe something to do with outputting on MP4 format and not .MOV or RAW

**** that was close lol.

In the end the outcome was good but this issue has some bad outcome potential.

Did you have any contact details on her? Every drone I have has a small sticker on it with my mobile phone number on it with a promise of a reward.. :)

I know a number of people that do something like this - good idea.

Just use a burner phone ;) just in case some thing you may not want to be traced to happens, in situations just like this the pilot is out of the controls and you never know the kinds of people out there

Just some advice

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Just use a burner phone ;) just in case some thing you may not want to be traced to happens, in situations just like this the pilot is out of the controls and you never know the kinds of people out there

Just some advice

Not sure what you mean.. Its my drone and it's my responsibility plus I have public liability insurance.

Awesome deal. Happy that you found it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Did you have any contact details on her? Every drone I have has a small sticker on it with my mobile phone number on it with a promise of a reward.. :)

Yes it does now!
I'm also looking into getting a GPS chip of some kind that has it's own battery supply so that it can be tracked even when the MP battery is long dead
- Insurance also :)

Reactions: Pedro
I'm not being funny but why were you at over 300 meters altitude, that's over double the uk legal and winds can be vastly different at that height.

Also did you try to put it into Sport mode to bring it back, when you say it turned and just sat there in RTH was that facing the sun ?

I hope you find it but you needed to loose height drastically to get out that wind, I had a P3 before I nearly lost and was RTH at 120m and it could not do anymore than 2ms in the wind, it was a decent distance out over land with and it would not have made it back, I dropped to 40m altitude and it got up to 14ms so it shows the difference.

Can you post a video playback of the flight log for us to see with the sticks over laid.

If you put it in sport mode, does it affect RTH in any way?

If you put it in sport mode, does it affect RTH in any way?

Apparently so again I found this out the hard way but due to the excellent knowledge on here the RTH is affected if you have OA (obstacle avoidance) on and also sport mode will bring the drone back to you faster as it will allow steeper lean angles in flight - not tested this yet but it's on my list :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78