DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic :-( .....NOW FOUND! :-)

there is more flight data on the MP correct?
Yes. The DAT flight log will show what happened between the time the signal was lost and it auto landed.

This is weird, I'm watching back the footage and its just hovering at the 1000ft altitude, the video is still playing now but its like its been slowed down the cars are moving real slow and the slider to show the video progress at the bottom has gone all the way to the end (9mins) and stopped yet the camera footage is still going...!

This is a P4 video, but the process is the same for retrieving DAT flight logs from a Mavic:

Reactions: S4NUP
I very happy you found it, I had a P4 auto land due to me pushing the limits so I know what it's like.

Look forward to seeing the log and video but please take a word of advise.

Take the time to read the manuals and understand every inch of how the craft behaves, there can often be a massive difference in how the craft performs compared to how the user expects it to and that counts in situations like yours.

Read the manual 5 times back to back, print it is best for me as I hate reading PDF manuals but also keep a copy on your phone for reference, understand the flight modes and what you need to do to pull your self out the poop when these things happen as it's the deference between still being an owner and loosing it as you well know.

Again absolute fantastic outcome and hope you get many more flights out of here.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
I very happy you found it, I had a P4 auto land due to me pushing the limits so I know what it's like.

Look forward to seeing the log and video but please take a word of advise.

Take the time to read the manuals and understand every inch of how the craft behaves, there can often be a massive difference in how the craft performs compared to how the user expects it to and that counts in situations like yours.

Read the manual 5 times back to back, print it is best for me as I hate reading PDF manuals but also keep a copy on your phone for reference, understand the flight modes and what you need to do to pull your self out the poop when these things happen as it's the deference between still being an owner and loosing it as you well know.

Again absolute fantastic outcome and hope you get many more flights out of here.

Thanks its certainly made me think twice about how I will fly it in future.

I have the PDF of the manual in my iBooks on my phone I do this with all my RC's - the key point here that I missed due to me panicking so much was to lower the altitude...

Ive just watched the video to the end now and you can see how lucky i was toward the end...is still processing 67% at the mo

And there it is. This is the proverbial 'money shot'. And THIS is the reason why the MP forum community ought to encourage those with reckless behavior to post their experiences. Not to bash them. Not to ridicule or belittle them. Not to wish them prison time and damnn them for endangering our hobby... But to help ever reader (new and experienced) LEARN from mistakes. Thank you @Loz for the courage and willingness to share your story - despite the very real flaming bait you offered.

Well that and turn off OA. I had a bit of an oh crap moment with mine. I wasn't out far but I was coming back and was having a hard time against the wind. Turned of OA and got it back much faster the vertical speed in the different flight modes is noteworthy.

Well that and turn off OA. I had a bit of an oh crap moment with mine. I wasn't out far but I was coming back and was having a hard time against the wind. Turned of OA and got it back much faster the vertical speed in the different flight modes is noteworthy.

Sorry what does OA stand for?

Obstacle avoidance. When on, it reduces the maximum angle/vertical speed the Mavic will fly.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

OA is great when you don't need to get somewhere fast but.. when enabled the MP is pretty slow compared to when it is disabled.

I have the PDF of the manual in my iBooks on my phone I do this with all my RC's - the key point here that I missed due to me panicking so much was to lower the altitude...

Ive just watched the video to the end now and you can see how lucky i was toward the end...is still processing 67% at the mo

Just to prove we all make mistakes take a look at this if you have 5 ;)

This will be the youtube link soon as its finished processing, may be a while yet...

Well yep it looks the the Object Avoidance into the sun issue that been seen a few times now.

The sun was clearly in view and and OE picked it up and just stopped the craft returning to home.

Shame we don't see the landing, was the card full ?.

I believe it may be better to turn it off a minute if you know there is no object and your flying at that height.

Can you just confirm again we're you on the latest fw?

Again very happy you got it back and regardless of height this was not your fault from the looks of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Spock
The landing is on the video, maybe it didn't upload all of it - the FW i believe there is a new one now that gives you high wind warnings ironically?

I had not got the newest FW on this flight.

I have to go take my daughter swimming now so will post more footage of the landing later hopefully..

Reactions: 4wd
The landing is on the video, maybe it didn't upload all of it - the FW i believe there is a new one now that gives you high wind warnings ironically?

I had not got the newest FW on this flight.

I have to go take my daughter swimming now so will post more footage of the landing later hopefully..

Defiantly no landing on that, if you could upload that it would be great, alternately put the file on a Dropbox link

Reactions: Loz
I'm going to agree. OA glitch .. would not allow you to come home. To bring it back disabling the OA or flipping into sport mode would have allowed you to bring it back.

Reactions: Mr Spock
It didn't seem to be blown away by the wind. It took me a minute to actually realize that the the video was rolling. There was no movement on the video it was rock solid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4