DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Anyone contacted Very lately about tomorrow's delivery deadline? My Yodel delivery number is still inactive! ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This was on "chat" at 5pm tonight....

"The Courier is Yodel, the UPI number is JJ********** and the item would be with you between 7am and 9pm we are unable to give an exact time as that would depend on the route they take. They will notify you once they are on there way, "

I think what makes VERY stand-out so far is that they had these available to order and then about 10 days ago, stopped the ability to order them and said they were unavailable. Most sites just seem to allow people to pre-order and join an ever growing waiting list.

Personally, I cannot see the VERY order coming through and never really thought it would do. Just wouldn't make sense with the obvious supply issues elsewhere. I don't buy what someone said earlier about it being a ploy by VERY to get people to sign up and buy other things - if that was the case then they wouldnt have removed it from being "available" to order.

Nope. This is where its interesting.

Last Friday I got the 'back in stock' email notification at 7:30am , I raced through the purchase process and managed to secure one - well, thought I had. I phone up CS around 9:30am just to confirm it had all gone through and they said that my payment had been declined (even though I had a confirmation order email) because the product is over £100, if this is the case and its your first purchase through Maplin online then your purchase is cancelled automatically. Absolute pain in the arse! By this point it was now out of stock and my order was cancelled and refunded... I'd think about how to combat this if you're going to poise yourself to purchase from Maplin online, might be worth a call to CS to see how to avoid this happening to you.

Then, I went on to the online store at 10:10am yesterday and it said 'in stock', I raced through the purchase process and it declined my AMEX card 3 times (still charged me though in the end) and then finally it accepted my PayPal... no idea why it worked that time - totally ridiculous system.

Anyway, i never got a confirmation email but spoke to CS on the phone last night and they gave me a tracking number... and... low and behold the thing turned up this morning. Crazy. Terrible online systems and awful communication from the warehouse, I'm not complaining but they should NEVER have gone online, they have 100's of preorders to see to first.

P.S. The bag is a joke - way too small.

Wow, fantastic story, you're a lucky chap!! :) So what do you reckon, worth waiting for??

Reactions: edison
I don't see the Combo on the Maplin site - just the non-combo version. And I never got an email alert about the non-Combo version. And me a loyal Maplin customer - I bought a pack of 2 AA batteries 5 years ago from them - you'd think they'd treat me better than this!
Haha, if it was the cheapo batteries then that's why they're being funny with you. Bottom of the pile mate!

Wow, fantastic story, you're a lucky chap!! :) So what do you reckon, worth waiting for??

Ha, thanks mate. Just charging up the controller then I'm going to give it a whirl inside, will fly properly at the weekend. The unit itself is lovely, feels very solid, although saying that the gimbal feels a little fragile... gotta make sure that is well looked after and not knocked about too much. The bag is a joke though, its so small, far too small in fact. You can just about get the drone in there with the controller plus the cables and car charger (on the side pocket). No chance of getting the batteries in there too, not even 1 of them. Also the lining is a bit loose so can catch onto parts of the drone, when you're pulling it out it often feels like something is snagged - be careful.

Reactions: Pedro
Ha, thanks mate. Just charging up the controller then I'm going to give it a whirl inside, will fly properly at the weekend. The unit itself is lovely, feels very solid, although saying that the gimbal feels a little fragile... gotta make sure that is well looked after and not knocked about too much. The bag is a joke though, its so small, far too small in fact. You can just about get the drone in there with the controller plus the cables and car charger (on the side pocket). No chance of getting the batteries in there too, not even 1 of them. Also the lining is a bit loose so can catch onto parts of the drone, when you're pulling it out it often feels like something is snagged - be careful.

Nooooo, I want to be charging my controller up and checking out my bag! :D:D:D

Enjoy it bud, have fun.. Thumbswayup

I picked up a Lowepro Slingshot Edge 150 today on eBay ready to take my baby when she arrives. :)

Reactions: davidws
Nope. This is where its interesting.

Last Friday I got the 'back in stock' email notification at 7:30am , I raced through the purchase process and managed to secure one - well, thought I had. I phone up CS around 9:30am just to confirm it had all gone through and they said that my payment had been declined (even though I had a confirmation order email) because the product is over £100, if this is the case and its your first purchase through Maplin online then your purchase is cancelled automatically. Absolute pain in the arse! By this point it was now out of stock and my order was cancelled and refunded... I'd think about how to combat this if you're going to poise yourself to purchase from Maplin online, might be worth a call to CS to see how to avoid this happening to you.

Then, I went on to the online store at 10:10am yesterday and it said 'in stock', I raced through the purchase process and it declined my AMEX card 3 times (still charged me though in the end) and then finally it accepted my PayPal... no idea why it worked that time - totally ridiculous system.

Anyway, i never got a confirmation email but spoke to CS on the phone last night and they gave me a tracking number... and... low and behold the thing turned up this morning. Crazy. Terrible online systems and awful communication from the warehouse, I'm not complaining but they should NEVER have gone online, they have 100's of preorders to see to first.

P.S. The bag is a joke - way too small.

Happy for you dude!
Good on Maplin for dealing with this the way it should be done.. no pre-order bs and item up online as soon as actually physically in stock.

Reactions: edison and davcom1
Seem to be in stock on Maplin.co.uk.

Ordered and they've taken the money. Delivery was 3-5 days not next day though. I'm keep my Amazon order for now.

Seem to be in stock on Maplin.co.uk.

Ordered and they've taken the money. Delivery was 3-5 days not next day though. I'm keep my Amazon order for now.
You're fast, I got a bank authorisation error code!!

Just done the same - my heart started racing when I saw it was showing stock... all over a **** quad. Hopefully they come good and I can cancel my DJI and Amazon combo orders!

Me too!! Fingers crossed, I ordered two, one for me and one for my son for Christmas. :)

I ordered one for delivery and one for store pickup.

I ordered one for delivery and one for store pickup.

I hope you didn't crash the system then! lol

Also hope it is genuine stock-in-hand. Although they seem to have come through for others on here. Best of luck! If I was a bit more ruthless, I should have bought some for Fleabay profiteering.
:p

Reactions: Pedro
Dammit, I just missed out, had a Mavic on back order with Maplin supposed to arrive today, it never did, I hope they still have the allocation they promised me...

Gutted, looks like that's another week without anything and I'm stuck with Jessops and amazon!

Dammit, I just missed out, had a Mavic on back order with Maplin supposed to arrive today, it never did, I hope they still have the allocation they promised me...
I'm hoping that they got their large allocation and this was perhaps what they had left over that hadn't been preordered. If once again Maplin have sold a bunch of Mavic's online before fulfilling preorders I would be furious if I hadn't already received mine, like, absolutely incandescent with fury.

man I can't believe I missed this, last looked at around 10.30pm last night. **** it!!!!!!!

I've requested a cancellation from Very as it appears there will be no delivery today. Shame as I was looking forward to flying the Mavic, but I'm not prepared to play the DJI waiting game. Good luck for all those that have an order placed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom