DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Yes I'd say that's what will happen.

I'm going to the US for Christmas. I wanted it for then. Shame that now likely won't happen. I'll keep my order open and see if I can pick one up while I'm over there.

I do think it's poor from Very from a customer services point of view though to update the orders with a TWO MONTH delay without even the courtesy of an email to explain the situation. Their "Trace" team also never got back to me today, which they promised to do. :mad:

They did exactly the same thing with the iphone 7 ....

Once again thank you Richard-Mavic :) you made me one happy kid.

...of course I tried it right away, inside my living room, and have already scratched both rear propellers...

Now learning begins, never flown a DJI before and so.many.options but **** this thing is so slick and I cant wait to run to the park tomorrow.

Once again thank you Richard-Mavic :) you made me one happy kid.

...of course I tried it right away, inside my living room, and have already scratched both rear propellers...

Now learning begins, never flown a DJI before and so.many.options but **** this thing is so slick and I cant wait to run to the park tomorrow.

Dude pop it in beginner mode...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone who ordered from Maplin last night get their orders cancelled or despatched today?

Reactions: keiran
Did anyone who ordered from Maplin last night get their orders cancelled or despatched today?

I had my order marked as cancelled but when I called I was told that they had to cancel it to put it on the back order list and they confirmed that it is still a live order. I was told that they are expecting a shipment on 28th November and there are (had 2 different numbers) between 28 and 70 on the back order list currently. My second order is in my wife's name and that may have shipped but we won't know until tomorrow as there wasn't a tracking number but equally it may not have done. I have to say that their customer support guys are really friendly and helpful but there seems to be some confusion surrounding the Mavic. I'll let you know if it turns up or not..

Reactions: Andy
I had my order marked as cancelled but when I called I was told that they had to cancel it to put it on the back order list and they confirmed that it is still a live order. I was told that they are expecting a shipment on 28th November and there are (had 2 different numbers) between 28 and 70 on the back order list currently. My second order is in my wife's name and that may have shipped but we won't know until tomorrow as there wasn't a tracking number but equally it may not have done. I have to say that their customer support guys are really friendly and helpful but there seems to be some confusion surrounding the Mavic. I'll let you know if it turns up or not..
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, watching that site like a hawk now but not keen on them taking payment if they're going to back order.

Thanks Andy.. It's all a bit of a lottery at the moment. Did you get an order in last night?

Thanks Andy.. It's all a bit of a lottery at the moment. Did you get an order in last night?
Unfortunately I didn't due to a security block on my card which is sorted now. I have a preorder with Amazon but they appear to be waiting for a bulk load before releasing the drone as I don't believe being as big as they are that they still haven't received any. Also have one with a spare battery on order with Jessops but they're not giving out much info at the moment.

Tough luck mate.. :(

If a small fraction of the numbers that Maplin have ordered turn up in the next couple of weeks, it should go a little way to satisfying demand so I reckon they are one of the better bets at the moment. I dread to think how many times I've checked their site this week but fingers crossed, it may have paid off..

Tough luck mate.. :(

If a small fraction of the numbers that Maplin have ordered turn up in the next couple of weeks, it should go a little way to satisfying demand so I reckon they are one of the better bets at the moment. I dread to think how many times I've checked their site this week but fingers crossed, it may have paid off..
Yes hopefully the one in your wife's name has slipped through the net and you'll receive it tomorrow. Would be pretty amazing if that happens!

I got an order placed tonight with Maplin when it became available however stupidly I called to check the status afterwards and they informed me it was an accident and I would be put on the back order list, If I hadn't called I do wonder if they would have noticed and if the warehouse would have sent it.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like my other back order will arrive by the time I leave on my trip next Friday, absolutely gutted :(

is there anyway to contact you local apple store in the UK to ask the question if they have stock?? without going to there main call centre?

is there anyway to contact you local apple store in the UK to ask the question if they have stock?? without going to there main call centre?
I called the Brighton store tonight and they haven't had any on the shop floor yet..

Yes hopefully the one in your wife's name has slipped through the net and you'll receive it tomorrow. Would be pretty amazing if that happens!

Thanks but I can't see it happening, am more hopeful for the end of the month now though..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard