DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

So as of about 10 minutes ago my Very.co.uk flyless wasn't showing any change. It still says by Jan 16th apparently checked every day.
.....then I have JUST received an e-mail saying "Sorry but the Mavic is sold out". It suggests the flymore as an alternative. The link takes me to some ladies leggings :s

The order is still in my account so I don't know whats going on!

I done the exact same thing haha! All the Mavic product numbers have been replaced by other items on the website since it's been taken down, so the referral links in the email just took you to the newely assigned products, you'll still get your Mavic one day...

Have you got anywhere with online chat?

Nope not really, I've tried multiple times. Most of the time the assistants are just reading my estimated delivery date to me and can't give me any information regarding stock due in etc. However, I called once a few weeks back to check progress and they said they couldn't ship my Mavic until the 3rd of January (today) I think, but still no progress so I think that number was pulled from mid air!

Spoke to Maplin on the phone tonight and placed order with them. Current back orders are:

Mavic on its own: 18
Fly more combo: 99

I've went with normal version so here's hoping it comes through soon for me!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just spoke to Very. They told me "Thank you for your kind patience, I do see that the expected delivery date is for the 16.01.2017, however the item is currently out of stock. You are welcome to give it some time as the supplier might receive more stock by your expected delivery date."

They then refunded me my delivery charge. Unsure if this was a gesture of goodwill...or because with it sold out there aint gonna be no delivery!!! lol

My Very order is still the same, no movement at all or no email.

When did everyone order and what flymore or flyless?

I ordered Flyless on the 25th October.

Just spoke to Very. They told me "Thank you for your kind patience, I do see that the expected delivery date is for the 16.01.2017, however the item is currently out of stock. You are welcome to give it some time as the supplier might receive more stock by your expected delivery date."

They then refunded me my delivery charge. Unsure if this was a gesture of goodwill...or because with it sold out there aint gonna be no delivery!!! lol

I had my delivery charge refunded back in November after I had called about the first missed delivery date. They didnt say they were refunding, it just happened.

Flymore - 5th November.
I've had no change to my very order but I know they won't deliver a mavic to me by the 16th, I've kind of given up on this whole thing now, the mavic will be almost half a year old by the time I get it, bloody closer to the next version now. Very still want to take a payment out of my account for a drone I don't have though, what's that all about!

Reactions: malcolmhire
My Very order is still the same, no movement at all or no email.

When did everyone order and what flymore or flyless?

I ordered Flyless on the 25th October.

I ordered the flyless on the 1st November. I wish the Very price wasn't so good as the extra £300 extra to grab one from Maplin is too much to justify out of impatience. I'd probably only fly once or twice through Jan/Feb with the weather so waiting is the smart (if a little frustrating) move!

Reactions: malcolmhire
Had an email from FirstPersionView.co.uk today, apparently my Flymore combo and 1 extra battery I ordered separately shipped today and should be with me tomorrow.

That was out of the blue I must admit. I had resigned myself that it might arrive one day maybe and if it hadn’t by the time news of ver 2 coming out eventually broke I would cancel and order the new version.

I ordered with FirstPersionView on Oct 01 2016 15:44:28, at that time I was told I was 19th in the queue but no idea what happened to the queue, recently FirstPersionView were offering anybody with Combo’s pre-ordered the option of switching to the standard Mavic and getting it earlier.

Of course Murphy had to play a hand in the timing. I had some Holiday time I needed to use so for the last 3 weeks I’ve been keeping myself amused doing the jobs around the house that I keep putting off, it's scored me some brownie points with the misses so that's a bonus. Typically I’m back at work tomorrow the day the Mavic arrives :D

Ok soft focus issues . They think a softwear update can fix it . And the jello effect that was posted was repported that it started after 10 days and not strait out of box , id suspect the gimbal plate jumped above one of the rubber securing mounts . Cant be certain but it is a very good possibility . If mavic is moved without clamp if its started with clamp or a hard landing any of theese three things can cause the gimbal plate to jump above the rubber corner mount .

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I ordered the flyless on the 1st November. I wish the Very price wasn't so good as the extra £300 extra to grab one from Maplin is too much to justify out of impatience. I'd probably only fly once or twice through Jan/Feb with the weather so waiting is the smart (if a little frustrating) move!

That's the exact same reason I've kept my Very order as well, along with I've already paid £300 off the 12 months interest free.

Can't wait for this to change to Order Dispatched!! Well if it happens!

878ea68de504caa77310f63d60c4530c.jpg

Reactions: tgden
That is bad jello - I could see it even without viewing full screen. Sending it back was definitely the right thing!
its left the country at 8:30 pm, will be at DJI on thursday, projecting to get my new one next week some time.

Just managed to edit my first Mavic footage in tripod mode, for those who are still waiting for the mavic pro, here's what you will be expecting to see :) This has been downscaled to 1080p. Enjoy.

Spoke to Maplin on the phone tonight and placed order with them. Current back orders are:

Mavic on its own: 18
Fly more combo: 99

I've went with normal version so here's hoping it comes through soon for me!

I called Maplin yesterday morning, couldn't get any information. Popped into local Maplin last night 800+ due for nationwide store delivery on 6th Jan. I've seen 800 mentioned before on the forum. Do wish it was the 5th as I go abroad for work on the 6th. I had never pegged Maplin as the goto DJI dealer!

Sent from my SM-G930F using MavicPilots mobile app

its left the country at 8:30 pm, will be at DJI on thursday, projecting to get my new one next week some time.

I have to say DJI have been pretty good - just got a quote for my gimbal repair of 220 euros - but they will be doing this free of charge under warranty. Free pick up and delivery via UPS.

I suspect its a whole new camera/gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147