DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Thanks for tip-off. I know Dungeness area is crawling with military bases and nuclear power station so is off limits but didn't realise their airspace limits extended that far west - useful to know and I'll look into it further as there are a few 'quiet' locations off the beaten track near Pevensey / Sovereign harbour which would be convenient for our weekends - sounds like you had fun though!

On thread - ordered 15th. Spoke to DeLiam on chat and told Fly More would ship by 30th. Not convinced I was getting a personal response as it all felt a bit robotic and automated but fingers crossed !

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Ok so surprise today... I got a 4th blue dot on the DJI order tracking screen (shipped) then 1 hour later I got DPD SMS stating delivery tomorrow.... TOMORROW! I checked tracking number and indeed it is on its way. Maybe I'm getting a cancelled Fly More order in the UK... maybe it's because I chased them up on chat (very politely) and got bumped up the list... maybe it's just that they kept to their promise of a 7-10 day shipment.... or maybe I'll discover I've been dreaming and I'll wake up to discover that Mavic hasn't been invented yet... either way I'm far too excited for a 40+ yr grown man with family responsibilities... here's hoping my excitement turns into reality before this time tomorrow - thanks everyone for their inputs on this great forum and especially to the person who cancelled and helped me queue jump ;) and hopefully this spells good news for all those waiting on the 7-10 day promise...

Ok so surprise today... I got a 4th blue dot on the DJI order tracking screen (shipped) then 1 hour later I got DPD SMS stating delivery tomorrow.... TOMORROW! I checked tracking number and indeed it is on its way. Maybe I'm getting a cancelled Fly More order in the UK... maybe it's because I chased them up on chat (very politely) and got bumped up the list... maybe it's just that they kept to their promise of a 7-10 day shipment.... or maybe I'll discover I've been dreaming and I'll wake up to discover that Mavic hasn't been invented yet... either way I'm far too excited for a 40+ yr grown man with family responsibilities... here's hoping my excitement turns into reality before this time tomorrow - thanks everyone for their inputs on this great forum and especially to the person who cancelled and helped me queue jump ;) and hopefully this spells good news for all those waiting on the 7-10 day promise...

I got the same also today . But I also ordered off digital rev . So got a mavic coming tomorrow from dji and another coming Monday from digital rev ! Struggled for ages to get one and now I got 2 coming . Mustn't grumble , but need to sell one now haha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app

Look what I got today!! Bang on the 10 days! Although, officially it would have arrived tomorrow had I not gone down to the local Parcelforce depot after work today and extracted it out of the back of their delivery van for delivery tomorrow...

DSC_0444.JPG

I ordered 12th January 2017 when it said 5-10 days from Payment.

Suppose I better get reading the manual now before attempting the first flight!!

I got the same also today . But I also ordered off digital rev . So got a mavic coming tomorrow from dji and another coming Monday from digital rev ! Struggled for ages to get one and now I got 2 coming . Mustn't grumble , but need to sell one now haha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app

Don't think you'll have any trouble selling it... probably a queue right here on the forum ! Enjoy and share your experiences!

Look what I got today!! Bang on the 10 days! Although, officially it would have arrived tomorrow had I not gone down to the local Parcelforce depot after work today and extracted it out of the back of their delivery van for delivery tomorrow...

View attachment 5046

I ordered 12th January 2017 when it said 5-10 days from Payment.

Suppose I better get reading the manual now before attempting the first flight!!

Yes.... reading the manual has become a priority for me also.... and finding a way to increase global warming.... just for 2 days... don't want any animals hurt in the interests of 'science'. Enjoy!

Reactions: Jamesmac
Struggling to find a place to fly! No car and living in E16. Today flew for the first time on a closed parking lot. The struggle is real! Thinking about Victoria Park on the weekend. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm also in E16.
You could try beckton district park.
If you fly out over the river by victoria gardens just keep an eye out for any police boats, rnli boats, military boats or harbour master boats.

Reactions: devboxr
I'm also in E16.
If you fly out over the river by victoria gardens just keep an eye out for any police boats, rnli boats, military boats or harbour master boats.

What do you think would happen if they see the drone and find me? It's probably still too close to the airport, but I don't quite understand the maps. It says restricted airspace, i.e. Be very careful when you fly, not DONT FLY. Any insight on that?

Ordered my Mavic pro (just Mavic and bag) on the 17th January with DJI, Yesterday I got the 4th blue dot (Shipped) and today I got a message from DPD that my delivery will be with me on Monday 30th January.

Ordered combo 17th for ireland delivery to of should ship 30 or before. Could secure from DJI if this was coming from China or a European warehouse.

What do you think would happen if they see the drone and find me? It's probably still too close to the airport, but I don't quite understand the maps. It says restricted airspace, i.e. Be very careful when you fly, not DONT FLY. Any insight on that?

Post screenshot of map area and the legend if it has one.

Ordered combo 17th for ireland delivery to of should ship 30 or before. Could secure from DJI if this was coming from China or a European warehouse.
Mine came from a warehouse in England... also the plug is UK and also the "Drone Code" leaflet is specifically a UK one too!

Reactions: Matisse13
Mine came from a warehouse in England... also the plug is UK and also the "Drone Code" leaflet is specifically a UK one too!

Tnx James what was the lead time from your order to delivery? Spoke to another guy in dublin who got his mavic but had to return because of the off focus issue in bottom corners of stills and had to send to Netherlands but had it back within 6 workin days

I'm also in E16.
It's people like you that are going to give us experienced UAV operators a bad name, and get drones banned countrywide ! !.
1/. You are not supposed to fly in London
2/. You are not allowed to fly in a No Fly Zone (London City Airport)
3/. You will (if caught) get a hefty fine from the authorities, and your drone confiscated
Nuff Said !!

Reactions: willhay555

You have answered your own question
RESTRICTED AIRSPACE

It's people like you that are going to give us experienced UAV operators a bad name, and get drones banned countrywide ! !.
1/. You are not supposed to fly in London
2/. You are not allowed to fly in a No Fly Zone (London City Airport)
3/. You will (if caught) get a hefty fine from the authorities, and your drone confiscated
Nuff Said !!

Is that right, you can't fly anywhere in London ?, that's a big area not to be able to fly ?
That is a genuine questions, doesn't effect me, but I'm curious as seems a bit draconian.
Although that port of London link about where you can fly could have saved themselves lots of words by simply just getting to the point they ment, which was F off we don't want you and your drone flying here, but if your super rich and have a big noisy helicopter, then that's ok ;-)

Reactions: Doobee doobee doo
Is that right, you can't fly anywhere in London ?, that's a big area not to be able to fly ?
That is a genuine questions, doesn't effect me, but I'm curious as seems a bit draconian.
Although that port of London link about where you can fly could have saved themselves lots of words by simply just getting to the point they ment, which was F off we don't want you and your drone flying here, but if your super rich and have a big noisy helicopter, then that's ok ;-)
I suggest that you look at the maps link (Home = page of Noflydrones.co.uk)
Home
That should give you an idea of where you can and can't fly.
Just be sensible, would hate to see you loose your drone
for taking un-necessary risks.
Also note that Most of the Parks in and around Central London are no drone areas
also National Trust Land & Estates.
Come up here to Norfolk, flying paradise !!
Good Luck, just trying to be helpfull !!

Last edited:
I suggest that you look at the maps link (Home = page of Noflydrones.co.uk)
Home
That should give you an idea of where you can and can't fly.
Just be sensible, would hate to see you loose your drone
for taking un-necessary risks.
Also note that Most of the Parks in and around Central London are no drone areas
also National Trust Land & Estates.
Come up here to Norfolk, flying paradise !!
Good Luck, just trying to be helpfull !!

Thats cool, thanks for the reply.
It's funny you mentioned Norfolk, took a few days holiday there and Suffolk last year and regularly come up to those counties, lovely areas and it was partly after exploring those areas that made me get a drone to take up there with my next time :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun