DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini loss of RC signal

Craig Notts

Reactions
Hi all
Just got my lovely mavic mini and first took it over farm land with no issue. On my next flight I flew over my my housing estate at about 150 feet height just to test reception and a couple of times got a message saying loss of RC signal and it performed a forced rth whilst only about 800 ft distance from me. This happen again from even closer range. There is a large mast in my local park that is about 400 metres away from my home point could that be the reason.

Hi all
Just got my lovely mavic mini and first took it over farm land with no issue. On my next flight I flew over my my housing estate at about 150 feet height just to test reception and a couple of times got a message saying loss of RC signal and it performed a forced rth whilst only about 800 ft distance from me. This happen again from even closer range. There is a large mast in my local park that is about 400 metres away from my home point could that be the reason.
welcome to the forum ,not the best idea to fly over your home area you will get interference from all the WIFI in the area plus you could upset your neighbors better to go somewhere less populated

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the new hobby.
It brings a whole new perspective.

Be aware signal loss is often caused by reduced LOS due to 'things' in between the controller and aircraft, trees can block a lot of signal once you get far enough away to bring the LOS down enough.
WIFI from the homes could cause problems too.
Lastly, ensure your controller antenna are positioned to best effect towards the mini, as per the manual.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661