DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro battery & antenna mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one oayload dropper video releases from the left and you can see the mavic fighting to stay to level.
I would keep any weight level and as even as possible to the center. Not only won't the mavic fight less, but the less it fights the more battery time you will have. It's the same concept as why the mavic gets longer flights times when in motion, and less time when hovering because it's using more sensors and constantly trying to keep its self level and in the same spot when hovering.
But is there a "max weight for good enough performance"?

I guess it would be more about 500g or 750g...? Or less?

What weight is better to avoid surpassing?

A test of how well it fly with different weights close to body could be informative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
But is there a "max weight for good enough performance"?

I guess it would be more about 500g?

What weight is better to avoid surpassing?

A test of how well it fly with different weights close to body could be informative.
Yes, that exactly my point saying it's to early to know any of these things and it's at your own risk. I'm assuming two 3S packs can't weigh that much. But every drone has a point of weight verses flight time also. To much weight and increased a increased battery won't increase your flight time at all, or could make it less.

But if you try, then be sure to post and let every know how it worked out and what the wight of your packs are that your used.
Scott

I'm impressed with the near Kg lifting power of the Mavic Pro. The Phantom in that video seemed able to about double that before he had it loaded unstable and it went boink. You do have to leave margin, of course (at least 50% I'd venture) for the drone to be able to maneuver and avoid over-current draw.

You can always add fuel (batteries) but then it depends on the weight, drag penalty vs. the objective: range or endurance. They are not the same thing.

I'm looking at multiple set-ups:

-battery extension
-propellers cage (possibly added to the rest in some situations)
-LumeCubes
-removu S1 + gopro (this one I have doubts)

I'm not sure I wanna risk before confirmation from other as that makes quite a bit of weight...

I'm looking at multiple set-ups:

-battery extension
-propellers cage (possibly added to the rest in some situations)
-LumeCubes
-removu S1 + gopro (this one I have doubts)

I'm not sure I wanna risk before confirmation from other as that makes quite a bit of weight...
I've seen a GoPro 4 on a mavic and it flew fine, bit location is everything. It did block his gps at first and he had to move it.
If you go with a GoPro session it's much less weight and would probably cost be a better option. But if you have the camera on a mavic why are you wanting a GoPro also?
Scott

I've seen a GoPro 4 on a mavic and it flew fine, bit location is everything. It did block his gps at first and he had to move it.

What do you mean by "bit location is everything"?

Also do you have a link to check the best position he found to put the gopro?

You are flying irresponsibly by doing this.
Do you have insurance? 107?
I assume not because if you did, you would know the law and the law stipulates that type of flying is illegal and dangerous.
I'm reporting your post to the FAA now.
I hope they knock on your door.
There is no need to go 5 miles out anytime for anything.
The law says VLOS and you are clearly beyond that.
People like you will kill the drone industry.

i can see my Phantom 4 6 miles away, i use a spotting scope, it is not illegal as long as you keep it in site, please read all faa rules.....

did you know that you cant fly at most
Reservoirs but if your a mile away and fly over its legal

What do you mean by "bit location is everything"?

Also do you have a link to check the best position he found to put the gopro?
Typo, but location is everything. One guy out his in the front and it blocked the GPS. I would also make sure to keep the wifi and Bluetooth turned off on the GoPro if it's on the mavic for the GoPro.
Their are some 3D print attachments that clip to the mavic, then you can screw the GoPro mount into it. Some might be selling these also or maybe you know someone with a 3D printer or have one?

Their are some 3D print attachments that clip to the mavic, then you can screw the GoPro mount into it. Some might be selling these also or maybe you know someone with a 3D printer or have one?

Yeah I'll try this mount I think:
DJi Mavic Pro Camera mount for GoPro, Gear 360, Ricoh Theta & LG 360 Cam by jeanmariecannie
With this extension:
Mounts Accessories For Dual Port Camera Holder Handle Grip Mount Tripod Adapter For Gopro etc.

For one lumecube & a Yi 4k+ (guess I'll sell my gopro4)
I hope so much it can handle it!

Reactions: Busted Grouse
I saw the FAA rules and I'm pretty sure that they said that you needed to keep the drone in sight using normal vision - meaning no spotting scopes or telescopes.
well if its normal vision, mavic with my eyes would be 10'..................LOL

That's the same one I have in my thingiverse mavic collection.
I was going to do it with the front mount to keep the camera away from the sensors. I was going to print it to adapt a FLIR ONE to the mavic for thermal home inspections and seee if it would do the job.

I would try it with the lightest one first, then maybe one camera and the double bracket, then both.

And I already have the parts needed like these, I would trust a flat thick 3D part printed at 100% fill first with the metal post before the GoPro printed bracket.
Amazon.com: General Hero Mount Adapter Black Tripod Mount Adapter for Gopro Hero 4/3+/3/2/1 (3 Pack): Camera & Photo
And
Amazon.com : LimoStudio 2x Mini Black Double Screw Angle 1/4" Hot Shoe Mount Adapter Holder, AGG1451 : Camera & Photo

Reactions: WheelzWorld
Hi Guys,

I want extra battery pack ok, Mavic is around 1.1 kg.
3s 3600mah battery pack is only around 226g? I try find no where 3s 3600mah 226g.. I can buy where link for good battrey and wieght (3600mah pack and 226g)?

Thanks,

As you add weight on the front, extra battery pack attached to the back would make even more sense right?

Is there a list of batteries that people use? Mah vs weight, so we could try a few and find the perfect balance?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31