DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro battery & antenna mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i found???????dahhhh
here are 3 files if someone want to test on 3d printer or cnc machine

Attachments

• mavic stl.zip
    64.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I've said it before: If all these Range Extender antennas are legit, how come none of the companies give and technical engineering specs or radiation patttern graphs or give any indication that the people who designed them have any background in RF engineering or RF antenna design?

BTW, this week only I'm having a Special Sale! My unique, customized Range Extender Tinfoil Hats! 50% off! Hurry while they last! Check out the other great deals, too, at "Honest Wommie's" website!

If an FCC approved radio transmitter or antenna is modified in any way, other than bone stock, standing waves not withstanding, it then violates the FCC rules, and cannot be legally operated in the US.

Last edited:
I'm retired USAF and my job was aircraft commnav so yeah this this stuff interest me. I'll wait till I'm out of warranty but the more plug and play the better.

I'm interested in the antenna mod. Those look fairly portable as compared to the plate antenna. I'm fine with the battery performance, but the interference in urban areas can be problematic. The more stable the control signal the better. I think unexpected rth is a big cause of crashes.

No, improperly configured RTH or an inappropriate choice of RTH or Hover on Signal Loss is a big cause of crashes.

No,......Mavic pro battery is warm to the touch, also now on my 3rd year flying
my phantom 3 bat. mod also and motors are going strong.
motors last a lot longer then you think.

What's the all-up weight before and after the battery mod? Wondering what sort of %-thrust-to-hover change this requires. Are we going from 50% to 60% or from 50% to 85%?

What's the all-up weight before and after the battery mod? Wondering what sort of %-thrust-to-hover change this requires. Are we going from 50% to 60% or from 50% to 85%?

My total weight with battery mod with Thunder power 910 Mah 3 cell
batteries weigh 140 grams. light payload for this AC.

I dont think you can get much effective amplification from 1 side. Maybe we should ask wombat? :D
You need to study radios and amplifiers. Then, you might have some insight. If I transmit a signal at twice the power of another signal, the receiver can receive it from a further distance. The mavic is only a receiver for control but is a transmitter for video. You see?

My total weight with battery mod with Thunder power 910 Mah 3 cell
batteries weigh 140 grams. light payload for this AC.

I assume you mean the total weight of the battery mod? Flight mass of mavic is 734g without gimbal cover. +140g, and assuming 50% at hover pre-mod, takes us to 60% thrust for hover with battery mod. Totally within the realm of sanity. Nice work! (I know you knew this intuitively already, I'm just writing it out for all the number crunchers like me).

LOL! Focus, jk. Focus. First things first. You implied that you had links that described the technical specs of these "Range Extender" antennas, and that I didn't have them because I hadn't done my "homework", remember? So, first, send me some links to the company web pages describing the technical specs of some of these "Range Extender" antennas.

As for my buying "Range Extender" antennas from companies that I'm suspicious of, you know or should know, that that's not going to happen. But if you want to believe that these things help you fly, then that's fine with me. It's your money. My Dad always told me (*with a wink*)that washing and waxing the car to a shiny finish makes you more handsome looking to all the young ladies, makes the car go faster, and makes the air so much sweeter. And you know, it's true. :)

In addition to the many responses you've received, The Antenna Theory Website. All you need to know (or all a PhD already knows *wink wink*). In any case, juuuuuuuust in case you've forgotten your undergrad work this will help you out and should be a breeze for someone on your level to read through.

Here it is guys......5 miles out and 5 miles back ...no radio or transmission loss
full bars AND I live in NJ most dense wifi populated area....antennas db pulling
50 -52 db!!!! WOW

View attachment 6707
mavic-1.png

Curious why does your picture shows some kind of a Y power cable? The company that sells that adapter shows each battery with its own plug into the adapter. And does the thunder power prolite 910 mah 3 cell battery have the correct plug to mate with this adapter?

View attachment 13270

Curious why does your picture shows some kind of a Y power cable? The company that sells that adapter shows each battery with its own plug into the adapter. And does the thunder power prolite 910 mah 3 cell battery have the correct plug to mate with this adapter?

The adapter they sell has to XT plugs. It's not a Y but rather two stacked on top of each other

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne