DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I found some xt30 connectors and a couple of 3d printed mounts that I have been thinking about adding to the angled sides in the front of the mavic just before the foldable arms are extended out.

5470797deb10b85458434aa06b508ac2.jpg
e6fa16706cd89c8de65b7cea08fb0b9f.jpg
1f78db3501529ff756f198485682ae70.jpg

Reactions: Gh0stxSinghx
Do you have a online store? You should. I'd like to purchase some of your items. These are great ideas.
i usually sell the >STL file for a few bucks, and people know friends or the local library , or use 3dhubs.com to get the prints

So it does look pretty simple, take off the top and the power leads are right there to solder on. Probably hardest part is where to run the lines.

before i open the hood, does anyone know the gauge wire the white and black wires are in the mavic..........

HbnHvYC.jpg

before i open the hood, does anyone know the gauge wire the white and black wires are in the mavic..........

i got out an xt60 line to compare, it looks to be 12g to me.

Last edited:
wow that heavy huh.....thanks guys..................more ideas a brewing

I'll probably do the same, coming out from under the front arms. I ordered 2 xt60 male connectors with 14 gauge leads. Should be sufficient.
I'm still thinking about replacing all xt60's with xt30's lighter and can handle 30amps and more but could warp with 60amps going thru it. But trial and error!

Reactions: Jamie lisburn
I'm still thinking about replacing all xt60's with xt30's lighter and can handle 30amps and more but could warp with 60amps going thru it. But trial and error!

Xt60 connector is quite light actually. Anyway, the Mavic will never see even 30A current. It peaks at around 25amps tops and pulls more like 16A average in sport mode. Much less in p mode.

Update: well, it might peak over 30 for short periods, like into the wind, and full elevator with heavy batteries, but I'd expect the xt30 connectors to hold up fine, especially since the current is divided over 2 or 3 batteries.

Last edited:
Soon, very soon

Yes, looking forward to seeing your results. I guess you were seeing good results already with dual 1500mah batteries as do I. It's when you scale up past 3000 mah combined on external that the clip mod is no longer working well. Now you could try a single 4000 or 5200mah battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki