DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Are you have any trouble with GPS or compass calibration with the bigger battery on top?
Checked Fly move like a race fast, My mavic no problem at all with bigger battery on top. Dji 4 App (4.0.0) is not cleared.

Nice test, great time. That should be a 45k+ flight in theory with low wind.
Thanks :) 5200 about Weight fly long mins just heavy. 45k, mean is K = Kilometers?

Reactions: Natedoggz
ran a quick test today with 1800mah battery, kind of windy condition, could have covered more distance but did some hovering instead
32mins 50Kft.JPG

ran a quick test today with 1800mah battery, kind of windy condition, could have covered more distance but did some hovering instead
View attachment 12683
That is really good flight time for a 1800mah single battery. Are you flying with obstacle avoidance ON? You should try for max distance by turning off obstacle avoidance and fly with full right stick (pitch). You should reach close to 70,000 if not more. You'll get less flight time, but more distance.

That is really good flight time for a 1800mah single battery. Are you flying with obstacle avoidance ON? You should try for max distance by turning off obstacle avoidance and fly with full right stick (pitch). You should reach close to 70,000 if not more. You'll get less flight time, but more distance.

obstacle avoidance was one, only landing protection was off. I'll try your suggestion when conditions allow. thanks

JUST WANT TO RANT
ok off topic, ive designed a lot of parts for different drones, and there is always someone that thinks its ok to steal these designs, i was having a pissing match on a part from a upair drone, i sell files caz its easier to deal with and less time, i do the prototype to show and test the design, and truth if someone pm's me i usually give the file away, but ive been called all kinds of names caz i try to protect whats mine, and some would say its all about the money, well its not, thats why im posting an example, i just sold a box of mavic pieces to some one, they wanted one item but i shipped 5 parts, just made them pay for shipping, but my point is, i have to come up with ideas, or someone blows it in my ear, i design it, and then i make and test it, so there is a cost in all that, but i do it to keep my mind sane and to help others, and its my hobby.....

so here we go, some one asked for Mavic BATWINGS, but they also said why dont i incorporate some legs with them.....so i said HHHHHMMMMMM.........
so design away
then for the print
18 hours later and a whole lot of filament, .....................it did not survive for a test, so hours of lost time, and back to the drawing board

mavic006.jpg mavic007.jpg mavic008.jpg mavic009.jpg

here is the finished product :( :(:(:oops::oops::(
thats a super cool design man, you seem to e pretty good at what you do! Keep on keeping on. Have you thought about, rather than print and ship, using a 3rd party to print and drop-ship to those who order it? I like the idea, and batwings would be sweet.

Sorry for the ignorance and stupidity of some people thinking everything is free, smh! Or expect you to do things for them for free!
Keep up the good prototypes and designs, and just make them for you to try.
Me personally, I check every hour for a post by U or a couple other members as well. This is my hobby and I live for it!!
Go CRUZROY, YOU THE MAN [emoji41][emoji41]

Reactions: Dragonfly
thats a super cool design man, you seem to e pretty good at what you do! Keep on keeping on. Have you thought about, rather than print and ship, using a 3rd party to print and drop-ship to those who order it? I like the idea, and batwings would be sweet.
yeah i was thinking it would work if shapeways or 3d hubs did it, i dont have the best 3d printer.......but it does the job, i call this one, BATWINGS AND LEGGS......LOL

A lil of topic, but since I hard wired my battery's, I don't need my battery mod for the top, PM me if you want it.
If not going, going in the case with the rest of stuff I don't use!

$40 + shipping!

77cae0c43808410d2f6987782ace0e07.jpg
i think i pmed you, i would like them for science....................

All that for only 6 more minutes? Sorry but new to this hobby. Does 6 more minutes really help anything?

Think of it in a different way. It isn't six more minutes, it's a little less than 25% longer. That's big.

Also, re an earlier comment about charging the Mavic battery from the added ones, if the voltage is the same, or very close, you won't charge at all. It takes a higher voltage input to force a charge into a battery.

Reactions: digdat0
Videos ... it was 10-20mph winds and raining intermittently, so i didnt fly just hovered. 34m to landing / 10%

Takeoff

Hovering

Up and Down Up and Down

Videos ... it was 10-20mph winds and raining intermittently, so i didnt fly just hovered. 34m to landing / 10%

Takeoff

Hovering

Up and Down Up and Down

Good job! You'll find it actually flies better when moving forward. Hovering is unstable with that amount of weight. You'll also see that the rpm's stay the same or less when you get moving forward. There's more lift with clean air and some velocity.

Reactions: Aumoe and digdat0
ouch geez, there is a good days worth of printer time and a stack of filament in that piece! Why all as one piece though? The additional design time would be a fraction of the print time, save so much filament and be a lot stronger

(Print related question: are you flashed to repetier, or using something else to use non-chipped filament spools?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54