DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

As much as I want to mod my mavic like my p3, I haven't seen any need besides adding a front cree led.. The range and battery are phenomenal compared to others on the market.

you are correct, the Mavic Pro, for its size and technology is well worth the price, and the battery like is great, BUT!! its the tinkerer in all of us that just wants to MOD the dang thing, we are not pushing that anyone just tear down there mavic and mess with it, its just the experiences of others doing what we thing is fun, im the type of guy who dont watch sports, drink , party, my hobbies are racing, my motorcycles, my music and my flying weather its helicopters or drones, and my favorite part of all is building.........OFF TOPIC but just my background.

you are correct, the Mavic Pro, for its size and technology is well worth the price, and the battery like is great, BUT!! its the tinkerer in all of us that just wants to MOD the dang thing, we are not pushing that anyone just tear down there mavic and mess with it, its just the experiences of others doing what we thing is fun, im the type of guy who dont watch sports, drink , party, my hobbies are racing, my motorcycles, my music and my flying weather its helicopters or drones, and my favorite part of all is building.........OFF TOPIC but just my background.

As much as I want to mod my mavic like my p3, I haven't seen any need besides adding a front cree led.. The range and battery are phenomenal compared to others on the market.

Someone once replied "...gives the inner nerd a wanking". This still puts a smile on my face since my inner nerds are many, all having different needs. Need to keep-em satisfied so they stay inside..

Cruzroy what do you race. Bikes?
motorcycles............racing carer is over, but my CBR and GIXZER still races the streets of MA..................at 55 mph...................LOL, i like to watch now, but a 75 tickets to prove i got a problem...LOL

21e16b18a933121d1a17fb952b116667.jpg
isnt the bat mod pins :23:56::::

So when modding the battery itself, I can't get any extra time from the external 1800 I'm running.. something's up because I modded my second dji battery and I'm having the same results of no extra flight time. With my modded phantom 4 if I didn't unplug the externals before turning off the factory pack the phantom would remain running..of course that is with the mod soldered to the power leads on the craft. With the mavic, plugging in the external 1st does nothing still stays off, also turning off the mavic before unplugging the external still shuts off the mavic. I tried another 3s pack with same results. Could it be that in order to work with the factory battery pack I need a larger mah pack then the stock pack? I'm frustrated with this!!

I also tried my external pack today. Have not modded the battery nor mavic. Just used the battery clip. I must say i was sceptical about the clip but it works well. Just one advice: leave it on the mavic..the brass is so thin that it will wear out if put on/off too often, also might damage the mavic connectors in time.

I used :
>> 2x3s1p 1800mAh 20-25c LiPo packs.
Just the normal Turnigy.
>>@cruzroy's piggyback mount
>>parallel connector for LiPo
>>battery clip
>>extra strong velcro

Conditions:
Backyard, impossible to do a long range flight due hills, max distance just over 3km. Strong winds and gusts. Not an "efficient" flight. Buzzing around, hovering, lots of direction change.
Edit, for info: although boosted i had almost total disconnect at 2800m beaming through a line of pinetrees nearby..

Result:
landing at 10% battery (liftoff at 96% cause my screen (moverio) has issues, cable problem...)
Total travel 15422m, 25 min.
LiPo cells all @3.68V
Disappointing? No
Why? My maximum time has been around 18 min with only 500m less without mod on long range, t/o 99% ldg 7%.
Mavic batteries in use since early December..
Im happy. Can recommend these LiPo's and the battery clip.
I decided not to mod the batteries. The clip works well. I might mod the mavic though when i find out how to boost the mavic downlink and open it up again.
Edit edit: the CoG, although a bit aft seems ok for the motors. Fw and aft same temp to the hand. Guessing around 40-45c. Might measure next time.
Flying ok. Just noticed after takeoff slight yaw drift clockwise, not reproduced.
My setup: Behold how the led illuminates the Creep his true nature..

20170603_192719.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
40ccc203b726fe90a5d5aa3af1d6ea86.jpg

Before flight

be64c278c932712ffd7f46da9e466a0c.jpg

After flight down to 10%

You need to try a different battery. Get some better ones with a little higher c rating. Higher c rating means less resistance. I bought some cheap Melasta 1500 packs off Amazon. They work great and take over 1500 mAh after flying. Voltage matches Mavic everytime.

I think he means 10% on mavic?
Either way, that's like 45% left on that pack. The reason is voltage sag due to high resistance. I had same problem with multistar lipo. You have to run Mavic battery to zero to get all the juice out. The Lihv work great as do lipos with a decent c rating.

Reactions: digdat0
c94a72cfa03c67f54d65f5ca0801df12.jpg

Is the c rating to high? Maybe why so much is left in the pack? 65-130 c rating.
Wow..that is good discharge rate! Could pull serious amp out of those, cant see the issue.
Why not try a normal 3s lipo?
Also to get things straight: mavic on, then plug ext in. External unplug before mavic off?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga