DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

****....i just spent 2 days reading all posts. Well done guys..some serious knowledge ready here!

So i opted for the extrernal xt-60 battery mod and i am waiting for the little bugger to arrive.
As a new mavic owner and user above water in the med i would like to use just a single external battery on top of my mavics battery.
-Should i opt for a single 2200, 3000 or 4000?
i just want 5-8 minutes more flight time over stock.but need to have some speed as well...since it will follow me on my jet ski
- I see the LiHv is better than LiPo. But should i opt for 10c ,20c or 30c?

Thank you guys

I like using dual 1500 mah lipos side mounted for general flying. I have these and they work great

Amazon.com: MELASTA 2 packs 11.1V 1500mAh 40C RC LiPo Battery with XT60 Plug for RC Car,Skylark m4-fpv250,Mini Shredder 200,Qav250,Vortex,Drone and FPV.: Toys & Games

If you want a single, get the Multistar 3000, 4000, or 5200 LiHV. They are excellent as well. I have all of them.

Reactions: digdat0
****....i just spent 2 days reading all posts. Well done guys..some serious knowledge ready here!

So i opted for the extrernal xt-60 battery mod and i am waiting for the little bugger to arrive.
As a new mavic owner and user above water in the med i would like to use just a single external battery on top of my mavics battery.
i just want 5-8 minutes more flight time over stock.but need to have some speed as well...since it will follow me on my jet ski

Thank you guys
You could try Multistar Lihv 5200 3s Think best results are with Direct mod, but clip is good way to start...OTHERS on here know better than me, more experience with this mod. PM Maclak...nice lad...

Thank you guys
If it were me I would go for the 4000mAh LiHV battery. I've got one here that I ran yesterday like the way you describe and it worked out very nice. I think I got about 35 minutes run time.

Reactions: oikonomoupetros
Well I didn't like the way the clip was doing with my outboard batteries so I have soldered the legs to the pins on the battery connector. Maybe this will make a better connection and I will get more out of my outboard batteries. Test next. You know I didn't have this problem with my P4 and the clip mod it always came back with both outboard batteries run completely down just like the inboard battery. Don't know why the Mavic can't work just as well. Maybe the soldering will do the trick we'll see.

From recent experimentation, 2 small side mount is the way to go. The big battery up top messes with the center of gravity and you get wonky stick control IMHO. A pair of 960 or 1500's on the side, you will forget they are even there and get your 8 minutes.

OFF TOPIC, worked 2 days in yard and then just flew P$ and mavic at the same time.......just flying, no mods,

Reactions: WizDrone
Well I didn't like the way the clip was doing with my outboard batteries so I have soldered the legs to the pins on the battery connector. Maybe this will make a better connection and I will get more out of my outboard batteries. Test next. You know I didn't have this problem with my P4 and the clip mod it always came back with both outboard batteries run completely down just like the inboard battery. Don't know why the Mavic can't work just as well. Maybe the soldering will do the trick we'll see.

I soldered my clip as well. I didn't take notes but I remember a noticeable improvement and the external batteries ran down farther. I was in the middle of the internal bypass mod and got distracted and didn't take good before and after stats.

yeah it was me. i pulled up to late......2 more foot curve and it would have been perfect, shes fine but now this is 4k camera, thought ipad was acting up.....but i got to figure it out......it worked for a few flights, now i got issues, so i might pull her apart

I soldered my clip as well. I didn't take notes but I remember a noticeable improvement and the external batteries ran down farther. I was in the middle of the internal bypass mod and got distracted and didn't take good before and after stats.
Yeah I need to just go ahead and do the permanent mod on this one I guess but it's still under warranty and I have refresh.

yeah it was me. i pulled up to late......2 more foot curve and it would have been perfect, shes fine but now this is 4k camera, thought ipad was acting up.....but i got to figure it out......it worked for a few flights, now i got issues, so i might pull her apart

If you never had a reason to pull her apart, life would be boring :)

Any photos of the clip soldered ?

It did make a difference. I noticed that both my outboard batteries are discharging down to about 10% now where before they were around 30%.

Can you publish the exact volts you see after your runs so we can compare effectiveness? Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload