DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC Pro Gimbal Micro shakes

Last weekend, it was far too windy here in Greece. I did the IMU calibration and got even worse micro shakes but since it was so windy I cannot take it as a valid shot.
@outstanda those microshakes should not be happening, hence they must accept it as a valid claim under warranty and fix it for you for free.
Btw Budapest is a beautiful city, looking forward for your micro-shakes free videos :)
Thanks, i've got some shake-free shots, but taken with my Phantom 3 Standard :)
But i hope they will fix this issue soon.

Thanks, i've got some shake-free shots, but taken with my Phantom 3 Standard :)
But i hope they will fix this issue soon.
Just be ready for DJI to expect you to pay for it if they find something wrong, even if it blatently isnt. I managed to get DJI to drop the charges and demands that I use my care refresh but only after many emails and complaints. really poor of them to even try to play that game when they obviously have equipment related defects and faults. :mad:

Just be ready for DJI to expect you to pay for it if they find something wrong, even if it blatently isnt. I managed to get DJI to drop the charges and demands that I use my care refresh but only after many emails and complaints. really poor of them to even try to play that game when they obviously have equipment related defects and faults. :mad:
i'm prepared for everything... but i've got the flight logs, and the recorded videos, to proof that it does from the start, and that i haven't smashed it.

i'm prepared for everything... but i've got the flight logs, and the recorded videos, to proof that it does from the start, and that i haven't smashed it.
So did I, and the fact that it was only 3 days old when I logged the complaint.. but still they tried!

Hmm ok, looks Like Dji are sending me back a replacement mavic for my gimbal issues. What happens with my DJI care refresh now as it was registered to my previous one..?!?

I guess they will update your agreement with the new unit S/N. You can check the status of your DJI care online and I think there is a field for S/N transfer: DJI_Care Remaining Balance

I'm experiencing the same issue with my few days old Mavic... Did you get yours back? Is the issue solved on the new one?

I guess they will update your agreement with the new unit S/N. You can check the status of your DJI care online and I think there is a field for S/N transfer: DJI_Care Remaining Balance

I'm experiencing the same issue with my few days old Mavic... Did you get yours back? Is the issue solved on the new one?
Yes all good up to now with the replacement mavic, no jello or warnings so well worth returning. Apart from the idiotic attempt at charging me by DJI they were relatively fast and efficient

Yes all good up to now with the replacement mavic, no jello or warnings so well worth returning. Apart from the idiotic attempt at charging me by DJI they were relatively fast and efficient

Ok thanks for the update! I will go ahead and ask for a replacement as well then.

As of DJI GO 4.0.3, you can turn the periodic autofocus off by disabling "AFC mode" - now, you'll be in AF mode which will only autofocus when you tap the screen or hit a center focus shortcut mapped button.

As of DJI GO 4.0.3, you can turn the periodic autofocus off by disabling "AFC mode" - now, you'll be in AF mode which will only autofocus when you tap the screen or hit a center focus shortcut mapped button.

Thanks for the tip Larkin, unfortunately it doesn't look like it is linked to the autofocus. I will conduct a few tests though, just in case!

I tried that yesterday and noticed that the number of micro shakes reduced. I still got a few though and I need to do more tests.

I have some advance in my case:
they replied me a report about they agree with my problem, and they will replace the whole gimbal/camera unit for free.

I have some doubts about this repair instead of replacement thing, but if the mavic works well and it doesn't have any scratches or marks from the service i think i can live with this solution.

I have some advance in my case:
they replied me a report about they agree with my problem, and they will replace the whole gimbal/camera unit for free.

I have some doubts about this repair instead of replacement thing, but if the mavic works well and it doesn't have any scratches or marks from the service i think i can live with this solution.

At least they didn't try to charge you like they did with the other guy here in this thread

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That would be me, yeah looks like you got lucky. New mavic is the nuts up to now though so all good :)
Could you do me a favor when you have time? On your next flight could you please try sport mode to see if you have any micro vibrations like those in this video

00:16 , 00:32-00:35

many thanks

Could you do me a favor when you have time? On your next flight could you please try sport mode to see if you have any micro vibrations like those in this video

00:16 , 00:32-00:35

many thanks
Yes sure, I will check and report back tomorrow but I haven't seen anything as yet. Could I just ask if it was windy at all during that flight? Also we're you on a steep slope or was your gimbal tilted?

Thanks a lot.
When in P-mode (and all other smart modes) I get super steady results. I literally try to make it vibrate and I cannot. In sport mode, I get these and even stronger/frequent vibrations when moving with 100% on right stick or when breaking. Weather conditions (temp / wind) don't seem to be the reason. The day of the video it was 12-15 degrees C and no windy at all. Sometimes I do get tilted horizon, but on that video it was steep slope.

Thanks a lot.
When in P-mode (and all other smart modes) I get super steady results. I literally try to make it vibrate and I cannot. In sport mode, I get these and even stronger/frequent vibrations when moving with 100% on right stick or when breaking. Weather conditions (temp / wind) don't seem to be the reason. The day of the video it was 12-15 degrees C and no windy at all. Sometimes I do get tilted horizon, but on that video it was steep slope.
Hi bud, I've flown a few times now in sport mode and can confirm that no micro vibrations at all... pretty stable now thankfully, very happy with this model up to now

@MavicPro2 many thanks for taking time to test it and inform about your findings. Really appreciate it.

Hi, I am also happy to report that after latest firmware update I also get no micro shakes. :)

Anybody else notice small micro shakes in the recorded video. Not sure if it's due to fast change in direction or what but every once in a while the gimbal shakes.
I also notice that when I playback video , the video constantly adjusts focus and u can see it in the playback ( video zooms in a little then out a little constantly trying to focus ). Very visible in playback.
Never had any of these issues with my P4

Unlike the P4 which is solid, the mavic gimbal is held on with rubber bands.

I'm getting really upset.
They said on the site, that the repair lastst 2-3 workdays, i write them on the sixth day...
The support writes back: " Currently, we are short on one of the important parts needed to repair your DJI product."
They replacing the camera unit... so the official DJI service has run out of cameras... nice...
It's the 11th workday since...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi