DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro serial number comparison

nismoz

Reactions
Hey all,

I am able to get my hands on a couple of Mavic Pro and I am picking out one to keep for my own use. I sold my old Mavic a couple weeks ago and got the P4P+ but I just don't feel it is the right drone for me so I am going back to the good old Mavic. Most serial numbers on the Mavic start with 08QDE and only one starts with 08QUE.

From the shipping label, I can tell that this 08QUE Mavic was shipped to the distributor here in the US by DJI China. It is designed for US market though but it has a different serial number.

I don't know which one should I keep. I read some places here in this forum that people got 08QUE drones through DJI Care Refresh which is possible that this is a refurbished drone. They are all brand new though.

Can anyone let me know what is the difference between 08QDE and 08QUE in the serial? I am keeping one and of course, I want the new one not the possibly refurbished one.

Thanks guys.

That’s an easy one...if a Mavic is a DJI Refurbished unit the serial number will have a “-R” at the end indicating a refurb.

Fly safe!

Thanks for the link. I will check that out.

As for an R in serial number, that is not the case anymore. I believe the old Phantoms will have R to indicate refurbished. Phantom 4 and newer models will not have R at the end in serial number anymore which makes it harder to tell which one is refurbished. At this point, I think for Mavic, QUE in serial number is refurbished but I could be wrong. That's why I have this thread.

I too have a 08QUE serial number. And it better not be refurbished, as I purchased it as new from an authorized dealer. :D

The link that rangemaster posted doesn't mention the 08QU* prefix, and only one comment in that entire thread mentions it. Quite odd.

I purchased a one of my Mavics as a factory refurb in September...it does have a ‘-R’ on the end of the serial number...and btw, it looks like 08QDE33xxxxxXP-R.

By the chart it implies March 3, 2017.

Just my observation.

Last edited:
Reactions: kentfin
Oh so now your drone has an R which is easy to tell that it is a refurbished. The link mentions mainly about date code which I already know.

Just like okw stated, his drone was purchased new from an authorized dealer and it also starts with 08QUE. From what I found and observed, most MP will have QDE just some rare cases that have QUE.

Any new Infos about the 08QUE Serials?

Got as, as combo fly more package in Europe.

Any new Infos about the 08QUE Serials?

Got as, as combo fly more package in Europe.

I have a 08QUE serial as well. I purchased mine brand-new from a big box store (Target) here in the US. It was completely un-opened.

Coincidentally, I have an R at the very end of the serial. It's not a -R, the R is the very last digit in the serial (08QUExxxxxxxxxxxR).

Now I'm confused as I bought a brand new Mavic Pro, I don't want a refusrbished model (without the discount).

I have a 08QUE serial as well. I purchased mine brand-new from a big box store (Target) here in the US. It was completely un-opened.

Coincidentally, I have an R at the very end of the serial. It's not a -R, the R is the very last digit in the serial (08QUExxxxxxxxxxxR).

Now I'm confused as I bought a brand new Mavic Pro, I don't want a refusrbished model (without the discount).

Don't be. I think in your case the R is just randomly there. And it isn't written like "-R".
But I can understand your concern.

Mine is 08QCE.
From where and when? As Combo?
Seems to be pretty new then. Wouldn't wonder when yours is build after August 2017. And you bought it just recently?!

Guys. I have confirmation from DJI that this Mavic Pro is in fact a refurbished unit.

I paid full-price at Target and the new box was never opened. Nether Target nor DJI is taking responsibility for this. This is fraud and I'm wondering how often this type of thing happens and people don't even realize it.

I'm pissed and have filed an official complaint with the Federal Trade Commision. Taking the Mavic Pro back tomorrow and have a Mavic Pro Platinum on the way from Amazon.

Reactions: GooterFly68
Hmmm... if U's are indeed refurbished units, and it seems most reports of U's mention Fly More combos, I wonder if DJI is throwing refurbs into cheap combo packaging and selling them as new. With the popularity of the Refresh program, they must have Himalayan mountains of broken Mavics which they have to replace with new ones for only $99+$79 of revenue.

1. Build Mavics that look brand new by using new (or used, but like new) bodies, with internal parts, motors, etc. salvaged from piles of returned Mavics.
2. Throw in a couple of batteries, a bag, a hub, chargers, call it "Fly More Combo", $1200.
3. ???
4. PROFIT

Reactions: wowography
The 08QUE that I bought was not part of a combo. I'm fairly certain, though, that it doesn't have an R in the serial number. I'll verify that tonight. If it does, I'll definitely be checking to find out if it was refurbished.

Hmmm... if U's are indeed refurbished units, and it seems most reports of U's mention Fly More combos, I wonder if DJI is throwing refurbs into cheap combo packaging and selling them as new. With the popularity of the Refresh program, they must have Himalayan mountains of broken Mavics which they have to replace with new ones for only $99+$79 of revenue.

1. Build Mavics that look brand new by using new (or used, but like new) bodies, with internal parts, motors, etc. salvaged from piles of returned Mavics.
2. Throw in a couple of batteries, a bag, a hub, chargers, call it "Fly More Combo", $1200.
3. ???
4. PROFIT

Mine was purchased as a base model Mavic Pro, not in a combo.

i have a mavic pro and the serial number starts with 08QCE as well anyone figure out what the difference is between 08QUE and 08QDE?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard