DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Naming your Mavic

A little off-topic, but I would not recommend posting your FAA registration number visible on the forum. It would be silly to block out a car license plate because it takes a fair amount of work to create a counterfeit plate. Anyone with a Sharpie pen can write your number on their drone and fly dangerous missions you would not approve of. The FAA has specifically said you can mount your reg number inside a battery bay as long as you don't need a tool to open the bay.
Why would someone put a stolen number on their drone? If they want to stay anonymous, they can put any number or just fly without one on the drone. Just curious.

Why would someone put a stolen number on their drone? If they want to stay anonymous, they can put any number or just fly without one on the drone. Just curious.

I'm not in the US but surely if you are stopped and checked by whoever does that over there and you don't have an FAA number on your drone are you not committing an offense? So putting a false one on protects the perp, like stolen plates.. :)

Strange because all my GPS units have a name. Maybe I call "him" Tony (after Anthony Fokker)

Adventure is just bad planning

Just decided to call "her" De Spin (the Spider).
This was the first Fokker airplane built by Anthony Fokker

Adventure is just bad planning

ok (controller is off) ...

You have to turn everything on and connect before the setting will become available.

Mine is named Pooky. After our first cockatiel who was a very fast and digressive flyer. She was once grabbed by a Coopers Hawk (she was sitting an tree limb while I worked on my laptop right next to her). She managed to fight her way free and flew back to me. She was terrified and I took her inside but 30 minutes later she wanted to go back out. She was a fireball. My Mavic is like her: grey, fast, and adventurous.

Reactions: DustyVisor
I thought I would be the only one who jokingly calls mine Droney :p -- a spoof of a Phineas and Ferb episode where Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz has an entire backstory of his balloon called Balooney.
IMG_4421.PNG

Guess I need to come up with something more original :D.

Interested if/what you have named your drone. I named mine Eileen after Eileen Collins, a famous Air Force test pilot and astronaut.

A long time enthusiastic devotee to aviation, avionics, engineer, businessman, private pilot (multi-IFR).

When he was in university he got a summer job at the local airport fixing avionics. (As he had done in the Canadian Air Force as a corporal). His boss at the airport (early 1960's) asked him what he wanted to do as an engineer.

"Design avionics," he replied.

"Why?" asked his boss, "it's all been done."

Wow. It's never "all been done". He'd be amazed at this age of the internet, mobile comms, GPS (which he was very knowledgeable about before there were even 3 sats in orbit) and these incredible drones.

He died the day after flying a new R/C plane. (His medical was revoked and he couldn't fly his plane anymore).

So, my drone is named with my dad's complete name.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J